CarbonatedPork

Beer & Spirits Thread

ITT we discuss beer and spirits. Rate the beer you just drank or the whiskey sitting in the cabinet waiting for you to get home!

Sipping on an Old Chub Scotch Ale right now.

uNSJJty.jpg

I'm more of an IPA fan, but this beer is pretty damned good. Really malty and roasty, goes down smooth and coats your pipes with a hint of smokey flavor. Definitely not a session beer; the flavor is strong enough to keep you sipping. Strange to be drinking a beer of this caliber out of a can, but I like it. I give it a blue out of unicum.

Just put away 4 St. Benedict's winter ales from Point Brewing. I rather like it, a nice break from the normal imitation fruitcake beers you tend to see in the winter. It's classified as a winter warmer.

Can I run parallel with this?

Oops, my google-fu was weak and I didn't see your thread before creating this one. All of the "Have Beer Need Clam" poasts filled the results. My bad!

Afraid to speak the truth here..... well lets just get it over with.

As a German basically every kind of  beer that isn't from my home country tastes borderline disgusting.

Considering taste only, 2nd place (tied in between Schneider and Augustiner from Bavaria) actually goes to some Mexican stuff that probably also had quite a lot of Tequila in it.

Shame on that stuff you call beer America. 

My condolences for you guys having to drink that ^^

We used to get this beer up in Canadada when we used to go fishing up there called Brador Extra Stock.  I don't knw if they even make it anymore.

11/10 it was really good like a beer milkshake, smooth.  20/10 alcohol content was like 12% iirc a six pack would wreck you.

Brador.jpg

I've always been a fan of german beers, they don't feel like drinking detergent like the american ones do, and of course the local beers are absolutely fantastic.

There's even a "Beer Café" in the city where I live, where you can sample whatever they've got in storage (mostly strange beers but some of them are absolutely fantastic).

But I honestly prefer drinks over any other form of alcohol. There's nothing like a White Russian or a well made Mojito.

Rickard's Red is a nice one I like to drink after golf. It's not piss water like that nasty Coor's Light. 

As for anything not beer, I buy a lot of Sailor Jerry's spiced rum. Not much else.

Afraid to speak the truth here..... well lets just get it over with.

As a German basically every kind of  beer that isn't from my home country tastes borderline disgusting.

Considering taste only, 2nd place (tied in between Schneider and Augustiner from Bavaria) actually goes to some Mexican stuff that probably also had quite a lot of Tequila in it.

Shame on that stuff you call beer America. 

My condolences for you guys having to drink that ^^

It seems you need to discover Belgian beer ;).

It seems you need to discover Belgian beer ;).

We have a tradition at work. Every Friday after work someone brings a case of beer. The only rule to that is it must be a different kind each time.

Belgian, Swedish, English, Russian etc. most of them are alright. American Beer not so much.... I hope to never have to see another Bud or Boston Lager up close for the rest of my life.

Given that I live in the States, my choices for beer are somewhat limited, at least in my area (moonshine is much more popular than craft beers). I tend to stick to Yuengling, either the German Lager or their Black and Tan, Guinness, and Redds Apple Ale.

Pilsner all day every day!

I thought we were talking about beers, not faintly flavoured sparkling waters.

Schneider

That one is surprisingly good, for a german beer.

I'm old enough that I drink for the hangover I will get.  2 of any kind of beer is a six hour headache in the morning.  2 glasses of a good cabernet, stomache upset in the morning.

I did learn at a young age, never drink cheap alcohol, that is where the worst hangovers come from.  My body just no longer tolerates whiskey, tequila or vodka of any kind.

That being said, I will have the occasional Big Wave, like the pineapple aftertaste.  Only liquor I drink Is Jager, Rums I can manage.  I always have bottles of Mount Veeder cabernet ready to go for guests.

Also, while I am not a fan of the commercialized North American Beers, why do all you Euro's like drinking sand?  Those dark thick beers are...well, not good.  Get rid of your Lucas refridgerators and try cold beer.

Sapporo

*runs away and hides

I like it, don't hurt me :P

Odin Brewery stuff is probably the best I've ever tasted though.

My favorite drink type is cider, and I've tasted a whole bunch of them. Top of the pick tho is Thatchers.

Nice taste, none of that horrible after taste you get with mass produced cider (I'm looking at you Magners and Strongbow, smooth cider my arse) and if you can get it, go for the Vintage stuff. Pure liquid goodness.

I've also got a soft spot for Kingfisher, an Indian larger. Very nice, hoppy larger, with very little chemicals in it, which is nice as you get next to nothing of a hangover, and doesn't give you heartburn when you are eating spankingly hot curries either.

I've also got a soft spot for Kingfisher, an Indian larger. Very nice, hoppy larger, with very little chemicals in it, which is nice as you get next to nothing of a hangover, and doesn't give you heartburn when you are eating spankingly hot curries either.

I actually drank a bunch of Kingfisher when I was in Bangalore for a business trip. It was pretty good -- one of the smoother of the hoppy beers I've had IIRC. As you mentioned, it was a great beer for multiples and goes great with spicy food. That, and I got a free one on a Kingfisher Airlines connecting flight to Dubai. I'd give Kingfisher a blue out of unicum, too.

Edit: And just to show that I don't hand out blue lightly, here's Terrapin Hopsecutioner, a local beer:

53886.jpg

As I mentioned before, I love my IPAs. Hopsecutioner is definitely hoppy, probably closer to a double IPA because it's got hops out the wazoo. Has a great flavor going down, but the bite of it sticks around just a little too long. Still, it's a great beer to session and is an excellent accompaniment to grilled meats. I give it green out of unicum.

Edited by CarbonatedPork

Modelo Chelada?

Never tried it but probably.. I'd drink my own piss over Corona any day.

Shoving limes in the bottles to mask the taste doesn't help.