allenmark00

Capping vs. Killing

Alright, I'm on mobile atm, so here's a block of text. Why do pubs rage when a tank caps? You have 3 situations: 5+ tanks vs an SPG and/or a med. A more balanced duel: 2 zombie heavies, 1 SPG or TD at full power. Or a "Cap or Lose" steamroll. Personally, I prefer capping when I'm short on time IRL, I'm in a slow vehicle, I'm being lazy, most of the team has died, there's no Top Guns involved, it ain't worth it for me, or we fail at logistics (too wide of an search area). Out of room here, awaiting posts.

If you are short on time irl you shouldn't be playing this game in the first place or any other game whatsoever. As for me personally, i'd always go for damage and kills than sitting in the cap doing nothing, unless cap is my highest/only chance to win, then i'll cap. Cap whoever gives crap exp and that's why i don't like it.

Lets just say this:

I don't fucking give a shit what a pubbie thinks. If I think I need to cap to win a game. I'll do it. Worst thing you can do is  get off a cap at like 98 points and then face a draw because you thought you could get to the other side of the map in time to go hunting.... Some pubbies actually take these odds. I've seen far too many people get off cap mindlessly searching for someone who is also on our base. Then it pains me to see both bases captured at the same time.

I only care about winning.  If the match has the highest chance of being won by capping, I WILL CAP.  If a pubbie gets angry at me for doing that then fucking boo hoo to him, cuz I don't give a fuck what he thinks.  

NOW.  If we can clearly win a match by killing all of the enemies tanks, I will flat out go and kill all the enemy tanks, even if in a slow heavy (never underestimate how stupid pubs can be, aiming is hard for them).  Now of course, if for some reason the match takes a turn for the worse and AGAIN the situation to win comes down to capping, I will cap.

TLDR; If the highest chance of me winning the match comes down to capping, I will cap.  Otherwise I will try to kill all of their tanks because that's more xp overall.  

P.S.  If you don't have "enough time irl" then don't be playing the game.  Honestly if you are trying to squeeze games in between chores and shit like that or "maybe I can belt out a match in under 3 minutes before I have to go shop for groceries" don't fucking be that guy.  Play the game when you have done everything you need to do, so that way there are no distractions, and no time commitments.

I only care about winning.  If the match has the highest chance of being won by capping, I WILL CAP.  

This. ^

What is worth more? Kills? damage? or winning a game?

If you can get all 3 of those mentioned in a game, good for you but when it comes down to it winning matters. Don't sacrifice a win for kills and damage if throws the game.

Bottom line is if pubbies get mad at victories then I don't know what to say. I've seen the worst tankers this past few weeks. I still don't know how it's physically possible for a person to get below a 47% overall/recent winrate. *looks at OP*

------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Hello_Bang_Bye

If capping will win me the game then I will cap. If we dont need to cap to win Ill go kill more things. However, often in circumstances when I have the option to cap or kill Im in a fairly slow tank and the remaining enemies are on the other side of the map. Might as well cap then.

As most of these guys have mentioned do whatever gives you the better chance to win. 

The hardest part can be choosing what gives you the best chance, always be on cap if you can't find the person with about 2:30 left

The most irritating and biggest mistakes I see poor players make:

-If you start getting shot at ignore capping and find cover/a way to fight back, you will die and never cap if you sit there and take shots. 

-If there is less than 1:50 left when you solo cap in a standard battle (~3:30 in encounter I think) you can't cap so don't bother. (that means planning/driving to be at cap before that time)

-If the enemy starts capping before you, you can no longer out cap him so don't try. You have to resort to hunting him down.

-Learn your enemies speeds/last known positions. Anticipate their route back.

-Full health Enemy T95 halfway across map? cap for a definite win.

-Enemy T-54 in the same spot? He will make it back be prepared.

-ELC left alive? Cap he might run away to draw like a chump. 

-Something else I know I'm forgetting. 

Learn to use the cap to your advantage. If you find yourself down a tank or two at the end of a game because your other plank flopped? Start capping as a group. It'll draw the enemies at you and normally split them apart for you to single out as they yolo to reset. 

Here a link to Zeven's Video about capping that is really informative and well done (Little long but I think worth it for someone who's completely unsure): 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R_da6t58dk

P.S. In reference to you saying pubbies rage at you for capping based on your stats I think that may be because you are someone who sits and gets shot at in cap. Plz no.

If a pubbie gets angry at me for doing that then fucking boo hoo to him, cuz I don't give a fuck what he thinks.  

Ugh, I should have won all those games ages ago.  =(

When to cap:

• There's a chance you'll fuck up and lose.

When not to cap:

• When there's 100% chance of victory. Don't be selfish, let other people pad stats. You get more base exp for killing all too. You can reset your cap and still keep the cap points iirc.

I got a draw today because some pub church 7 couldn't keep his tracks inside the line while the red T7 was running around playing vision games...

Really it depends on what you value though. Damage is exp and wn8 period. Circonflexes posted a game result with a IS-8, insider and raider (ie never spotted) who had the lowest experience on the team. So pick what you find more important if it's winning... cap when needed.

Reason why people complain: As people have said before it denies the potential for your team to get more damage and buff those win8s.

What you should do: Deps on the situ, usually the best thing for your winr is to just cap if you are there (obv will depend on your tank and whats happening though), takes alot of will power to stay on cap though when you "think" your team has it in the bag and there are some damage piñatas nearby. 

Sometimes you want that cleanup damage because it's your 5x in the AMX M4 45.

That must be Cpt. B. Dick out of Gayniggers from outer space. What a mr. sexii...

Hahaha

He's a pretty cool guy actually. When I played with him, he always got off if there was still damage to be done.

If you have over 1 cap/battle average, then you are capping too much.
99% of the reason I play this game, is fun, premature capping is the most fucking enraging thing in this game, it's worse than having 5 xvm arty faggots on enemy team.

It is not fun to carry a bunch of mouthbreathing retards to a win, if they deny me my spoils for doing so, by capping when I am finally reaping the rewards for my awesome super aggressive flanking.

I will cap the 1/1000 battles where it is actually the most certain way to win.

Situational.

Farm damage/kills FTW when possible, but not at the expense of a win.  Sometime a sneaky cap is your only hope Obi Wan.

Unsurprisingly  the cesspool has overflowed  with flames when I posted this debate in there.

So I'll address some points here...My IRL time constraints revolves around some chores that comes up on short-notice and dinner. For those of you keeping track, my win rate use to be around 45% and the WN8 was even worse.

For those of you keeping track, my win rate use to be around 45% and the WN8 was even worse.

Effectively, it still is, stop deluding yourself with the idea that you are improving.

You should cap seeing as you are positively incapable of killing anything.

Just had a great example.

Stalingrad, 50/50 split roughly both teams my unicum platoon crushes one side and is going through enemy cap to hit beach, enemy team is crushing our other side we are down ~1.5k hp (t8 battle). I retorically ask should be farm damage or go for the sure win. We go for the kills.

Sure enough we over thought our abilities and lost the game (was close), sure our pubbies were bad but good play meant we should have just sat on the cap.

I had a sure win turn into a draw because a pair of purples went damage farming for the last 304 and didn't find him in time. That sort of shifted my mindset into do whatever to win.

I had a sure win turn into a draw because a pair of purples went damage farming for the last 304 and didn't find him in time. That sort of shifted my mindset into do whatever to win.

I have  literally had thousands of battles lost due to "cap or loose!11!!!", then they got sniped and died.

Dead  people don't return fire!

I still won't waste  my time chasing something with good camo and/or mobility if there's 1-2 tanks left.

I'm not a mongo.

I still won't waste  my time chasing something with good camo and/or mobility if there's 1-2 tanks left.

I'm not a mongo.

Yes you are, now go back to work.

But i do agree