S0UP0RHER0

Best Tier 8 Med (IYO)

What do you feel is the best Tier 8 Medium tank, I currently only have the T69 and Obj416 and am currently loving them both, I'm working my way to the Pershing as well!

-State your tank & give evidence as to why you think so!

416, if you can make the awkward set-up and camo-sniper game-play work. Garbad's guide is an excellent example of how to use it as a scout-sniper TD/medium hybrid effectively.

If not, then probably either the Pershing or the T69. One has armor, speed, view range, comfortable soft stats, and some DPM, what could go wrong? The other one has both good DPM and an autoloader, although without the pre-8.6 HEAT mechanics and 300mm of pen, it's not as good as before. It was supposedly horribly broken prior to that though. Sadly, I've never played either on the Live server, although they look pretty good from what I've seen on streams.

Overall though, with the removal of BT12 and the general changes to make it more accessible to most (less arty [a great thing], greater credit profitability, etc.), Tier 8 has become a generally pretty bad Tier to be in. Therefore, the Type 59, with its pref MM, even after all the nerfs and power-creep, might still be pretty good. T-34-3 also carries pretty hard played properly. It can scout if you put on Optics ( I didn't like the GLD), flex easily, and hull-down (sides of hills, that kind), it bounces like a heavy.

416 is easily best but IndienPz is close second. IndienPz master race.

I made the IP work (2 MoEs, 60%ish win-rate with mostly solopub, like 1/3 platoon), but honestly, I absolutely hated the thing's guts by the end of the grind. The penetration is nice and the DPM is workable for a sniper, with the depression as an added bonus, but the gun is so goddamn derpy and long-to-aim that you miss out on a lot of potential damage dealing. It also doesn't have really good view range or turret armor, and because it's so tall, the tank has poor camo.

As such, you're almost always relegated to second line sniping, and it's not even particularly fast to really abuse the one big advantage of that kind of gameplay (using your speed to get your gun to the right place at the right time). As a sniper, it also has to compete with monsters like the 416 and TDs. It works, but it's nowhere near the best.

Y'all mutha fuckas forgettin' the Pershing.

Edit: Nevermind, Pity = bae.

Do people just ignore what I say? ;~;

Obj 416 >>> Pershing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else

Obj416 for master race DPM

Pershing for amazing utility

T-44 for absolute medium gameplay

Indien panzer's armor and mobility is disgusting. I would never touch that shitlord tank ever in my wot career ever again. It's like trying to be a panther 2 and Pershing at the same time but can't decide. I played the IP before the buff but I sincerely hate that tank.

Type 59 > T-34-3 > Spershing > 416 > Persh > T-44 = T69 > STA = Cent = Indien > Panther 88= T-34-2  >  Panther 2 = T95E2

Pref MM is OP.

rip t95e2

pershing for me.

416 is best!

• OP camo
  • OP dpm
  • OP HEAT
  • OP fire control 
  • OP maneuverability
  • OP gun depression gun elevation

some downsides not worth mentioning (416 fanboy alert)

Well, clearly pref MM will take hold and the lead so I would say T-34-3 BUT if I were to pick a non-premium tier 8 medium it would be the 416, for reasons that have already been stated above.

Now there is one tank you all missed.......the 1390.  Although a light tank, it can be played as a super dangerous medium if need be........

As a solopub yolotard, I prefer Pershing -> Type-59 -> Panther 2 (srs) in that order.
I don't really club low tiers, so most of my games at t8 was when I was still a useless shitlord.

Anyway, 50 100 best t8 medium.

T-44 dat wn8 farm. Doesn't feel fat like the Pershing. Don't need to worry about a clip like t69/1390. Decent gun depression, unlike 416. Has good speed, unlike Indien Panzer (which I like). With prem ammo can shoot every tier.

Down side: dat vision, dat ammo rack, dat fire.

People are saying the T-34-3 but I heard it was awful, I was interested in purchasing it as well until convinced otherwise!

The T-34-3 has pref MM though, which is a big advantage. I'd say it's pretty decent, but it has a very long reload, a very derpy gun, and tricky-to-use gun depression.

While it's not a popular option, I like the Cent I, it can be very effective as long as it can find a place to reliably hull-down, but obviously it's quite a situational tank. The only other medium in t8 I've played is the Panther 2 though, which is very much a 'middle of the road' option. Not terribly bad at anything, but not terribly good at anything either.

Trouble with tier 8 mediums is the amount of tier 10 games they see. 

Tier 9 mediums obviously see more but most of them are a much bigger step up over their tier 8 counterparts. I mean T-54 to T44 and Panther 2 to E50 is like going up two tiers. 

Can't say the best one, but worst for me is Panther 2, enjoying the STA-1 at the moment though, pretty nice all round that tank, better than the Cent 1 and Pershing IMO. 

Pershing, there is a reason why it's the only tier 8 medium apart from the T69 used in competitive play. With the 416 forget the DPM, most of the time playing is used up by the never ending battle to get the necessary gun depression to actually shoot something.