BlitzReaper

59-16 | An overlooked gem?

I've seen countless threads talking about how bad this tank is, people complaining about it not being mobile enough, having a shit autoloader, blah blah blah.

In all honesty, this is actually my favorite t6 light tonk, and I run it with the stock gun and a big prem ammo loadout which gives it 189 pen. Sure, the damage is near nothing, but with such a little reload the RoF can be quite amazing in my opinion.

The only thing that made me hate this tank was the autoloader when I unlocked it. But I returned to the stock gun and I loved the tank even more afterwards.

I didn't play it for a long time now (5-6 months) but I will definitely be doing so if in a platoon.

What are your thoughts?

I played mine when the waffle line was still pretty new and everyone was grinding up it. I was at first doing what you did and just used the stock gun. Eventially (simply because there were so many waffles around) I switched to the autoloader and fired HE out of it just so I could hunt down arty, other lights, and waffles better. It actually worked pretty good XD. But I would not recommend what I did as it was pretty dumb. Also, when I played the 59-16, it could see tier 10 matches... I assume it's much better now that it can only see tier 9 max.

Its a mobile light capable of active spotting, something not every lt is.

If not for the anemic gun choices it would definately be a keeper imo, but since it lacks in the firepower department even in comparison to its peers (other tier 6 lights)..

..it's not a tank favoured by current meta at all :(

However, if you like scouting and your clan does tier 6 SH why not, otherwise... fingers crossed it's malinovka  :tongue:

Let hope it gets buffed in the next patch as they've been hinting that older LTs will be getting some love. Its the best PLATFORM among the tier 6 LTs, because its about 1m tall and has insane accel and turning capabilities. The guns are sucky though, even with full premium loadouts. I have a 59-16 in my garage though, because its really fun to drive and has a unique autoloader mechanic. 

I have a 59-16 in my garage though, because its really fun to drive and has a unique autoloader mechanic. 

Could you maybe elaborate on this?

I've only used the autoloader once and went straight back to the stock gun.

Could you maybe elaborate on this?

I've only used the autoloader once and went straight back to the stock gun.

1.3 second shell loading time. It spikes out its damage very very quickly...but only vs soft surfaces :-D

It's actually used occasionally in 7/54 because of the camo + autoloader. On open maps where teams play mostly light tanks the autoloader is friggin OP; 500+ damage in ~5s against RU251s and 13 90s is pretty crazy.

It looks okay and is one of the only tanks I havent played, but that gun handling really puts me off. 2.3 aimtime and 0.18 movement bloom is very poor for a light, and with a gun that fires every 2.5 seconds, I can see that becoming a really big issue.

If it does get buffed (it probably will) I can almost guarantee that it'll get the bloom buffed. Couple that with a small HP boost and you've got a decent light. Don't think it's any good right now, though.

I found it to be kind of mediocre. Fantastic chassis, looks sexy, but the gun selection bends it over and fists it. 

The 25.8 hp/t gives you stupid acceleration, it's got fantastic ground resistances, and the traverse speed is 54 degrees a second. Shit's nuts. It feels like a litle go-kart with a handgun taped to the side.

I ran it with the autoloader, and never shot gold which probably lead to my garbage-ass winrate in it, but I had a blast scooting around like a little cockroach shooting people in the ass.

If you run it with exclusively gold you should be able to succeed a bit more, but the pen is still miserable. That being said, being able to run a rammer on an autoloader (1.3s inter-drum reload, 6s intra-drum) means you can eke out something like 2.3k dpm, assuming you pen.

For the 57mm, you could probably have more success without gold, but it's still got the shit alpha damage, without the reload of the Type T-34. I found it to be a little irritating to have to sit there and pound shell after shell after shell after shell and come out with half the damage I would have if I were to shoot the T25/2 over there with the autoloader.

In short, if you want something competitive get the T37.  It outclasses it in all the places that matter. If you want something that's fun as shit to scoot around in, get this thing.

A fun keeper tank.  One of the most comfortable in the game to me.  The mobility and camo has allowed me to do some outrageous things, and escape silly situations.  Is there any tank in the game that is more mobile when you take all of speed, acceleration and turning into account?

The Bulldog. It's got much better terrain resist, higher top speed (including reverse), better turn rate, and can pivot. Horsepower per ton is like 2.5 lower, but when you've got a cool 33% better terrain stats, I dont think it matters.

LTTB is also pretty close, but it doesn't feel quite as nimble because of the turn speed.

59-16 certainly does get kudos for being almost the most agile light tank while still being tiny. LTTB and Bulldog are both quite large.

59-16 could have become awesome with a pen buff (autoloader needs 10-20mm more to become semi-viable). Without it it just stays power-creeped.

57mm is too puny to be relevant but the 59-16 still is a better platform for it than the MT-25.

I like the tank but unlike the T37 it suffers a lot more from bad MM and heavy enemy lineups.

A fun keeper tank.  One of the most comfortable in the game to me.  The mobility and camo has allowed me to do some outrageous things, and escape silly situations.  Is there any tank in the game that is more mobile when you take all of speed, acceleration and turning into account?

BT-7 :D (if you don't mind low tiers)

Plays much like a tier 3 59-16.

The Bulldog. It's got much better terrain resist, higher top speed (including reverse), better turn rate, and can pivot. Horsepower per ton is like 2.5 lower, but when you've got a cool 33% better terrain stats, I dont think it matters.

LTTB is also pretty close, but it doesn't feel quite as nimble because of the turn speed.

59-16 certainly does get kudos for being almost the most agile light tank while still being tiny. LTTB and Bulldog are both quite large.

Felt pretty good from my experience though ._.

This is actually the tank that I learn to scout on. Picked it up when the T34 mission was on and needed some Chinese tanks. Very mobile, very good accel, very good turning ability overall makes for some very fun driving. The gun choices on this tank are pretty bad but it certainly doesn't deserve the reputation it has. 

The auto-loader makes the tank much more fun and a very decent anti-scout. The mobility of the chassis helps you get into places where you can get close-up sides and rear shots to let your auto-loader shine. You just have to resign to the fact that there are some tanks you just you can't pen anywhere and completely avoid them. 

Interesting you should say that... I have all three (just got 59-16 today and played 1 game) and out of the three, I'd say overall the LTTB moves the best. Definitely has the best acceleration, and i feel like it's just more agile (maintains speed thrlugh sharp turns, uphill etc/true T-50-2 successor) then i would say it's a toss up between 59-16 and bulldog for mobility, but bulldog obviously takes top speed by quite a bit. However, you left out the ELC :/ as far as i know, The ELC has the best hp/ton in the game aside from the BT-2 and BT-SV. And the ELC has an awesome gun too, as well as being one of the few tanks with better camo.

I ahould stop now before i start gping into how amazing the ELC is <3

I just did a drag race between the two on a paved road.  it was a dead heat until the 59-16 hit its top speed.

T37 is objectively better in every way.

Because Camo and acceleration don't matter? Acceleration, maybe not so important, but the camo is shit on the T37, and god-like on the 59-16

Because Camo and acceleration don't matter? Acceleration, maybe not so important, but the camo is shit on the T37, and god-like on the 59-16

Current meta favours LTs with assassin capabilities over pure scouting capability, less so tanks that favour spotting. So in this case the T37 is currently better.

Current meta favours LTs with assassin capabilities over pure scouting capability, less so tanks that favour spotting. So in this case the T37 is currently better.

Haswell did not state that the T37 has better Assassin or fighting capabilities. He said it is objectively better in every way.

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to say that I absolutely adore this little tank. I don't how the tank got such a bad rep (even before the T37 arrived). It's very mobile, tiny, and has great camo. I've used both the 57 and the autoloader, and I like both guns. I've used it as a flanker with the autoloader to great effect. It's probably going to be a keeper. 

To stroke my ego, here's a 2k dmg mastery match with it: http://wotreplays.com/site/1764683#self