BlitzReaper

59-16 | An overlooked gem?

Necro again: 

I just bought 59-16. I have ghetto crew so everything spots me but this tank is mixed bag of feelings. I feel very limited by poor damage output. I just got tier 9 game on Ensk. Can't scout, can't pen most things. But in tier 6 strongholds it's really great tank, since pen isn't really an issue.

Necro again: 

I just bought 59-16. I have ghetto crew so everything spots me but this tank is mixed bag of feelings. I feel very limited by poor damage output. I just got tier 9 game on Ensk. Can't scout, can't pen most things. But in tier 6 strongholds it's really great tank, since pen isn't really an issue.

iirc, the 59-16 just has terrible viewrange. If you aren't already, fire pure gold. It makes the pen less mediocre. I can't claim it's really that good of a tank, but I have a lot of fun playing it. 

I've been having a little bit of fun with this, thought I'd try it out finally. It's a nice mini MT-25 with the 57, but I've found the autoloader to be a horrifically bad weapon. Basically you're gambling that you'll get into either a game with a ton of waffens/scouts or a t7 match in order be a small bit better than the 57mm. Every other match you might as well just leave, all you can really do is sit and wait for the game to decide itself and then go eat an arty or something. The one standout feature of the tank is the camo, which is amazing! :)

Not a great tank though - I think the MT-25 is better, and that's saying something because the MT-25 is not very good.

I liked the loader, it dumps ~600 into enemy faster than anything while full clip reload is like 9 seconds. No carry potential whatsoever tho, you just want to derp around and catch poor fools off guard. Hope the team does good and win.

Been trying to get best VBA damage in the thing (I think the highest guy on VBA has 1400 DPG, I'm skirting around 1300) and still cant decide what weapon to use. The autoloader has proven to be actually acceptable, so ignore my earlier comment - it's just very map dependent. Chokemaps like Himmels are a pain in the butt to deal with, but the damage farm is real in t6/7 games. The 57mm is way more reliable (200 pen APCR can be silly) but raking in high numbers with the thing takes some serious time, during which you have to try your very best not to get nuked. Also a pain.

8.8k WN8, tho

I think the biggest problem of the autoloader on the 59-16 is that you just cannot do anything at all against some tanks, and ridiculously little against more than enough.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with with having to flank or get rear shots to do damage. However, when even your premium ammo doesn't stand a chance to reliably penetrate a tank anywhere, it's just too ridiculous.

The 59-16 has become my preferred tank for teir VI strongholds while calling.

Good burst damage, great anti scout. And the reload gives me enough time to look around and call.

The auto loader play style of needing great map awerness is also a natural fit with calling.

In pubs, staying alive while not camping early game is key. As with most auto loaders this thing is deadly in the end game, with the added bonus of crazy stealth.

I think the biggest problem of the autoloader on the 59-16 is that you just cannot do anything at all against some tanks, and ridiculously little against more than enough.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with with having to flank or get rear shots to do damage. However, when even your premium ammo doesn't stand a chance to reliably penetrate a tank anywhere, it's just too ridiculous.

I agree. Autoloader pen is anemic. If you have KV4 on enemy team forget the carry, somebody needs to kill that tank. Poorly aimed shots at KT can bounce.

I've been having a little bit of fun with this, thought I'd try it out finally. It's a nice mini MT-25 with the 57, but I've found the autoloader to be a horrifically bad weapon. Basically you're gambling that you'll get into either a game with a ton of waffens/scouts or a t7 match in order be a small bit better than the 57mm. Every other match you might as well just leave, all you can really do is sit and wait for the game to decide itself and then go eat an arty or something. The one standout feature of the tank is the camo, which is amazing! :)

Not a great tank though - I think the MT-25 is better, and that's saying something because the MT-25 is not very go

MT-25 with the autoloader and a controlled impact driver is the best tier 6 antiscout in the game IMO. 

Haven't played it in a few weeks, but I had a good game at the beginning of the month:

NTdLk0d.jpg

Using the stock gun (the 57). The gun choices pretty much all suck for one reason or another, but it is tiny, sneaky, and reasonably nimble, so it can be made to work.

Not a great tank though - I think the MT-25 is better, and that's saying something because the MT-25 is not very good.

I've now played both the 59-16 and the MT-25, and they are very similar, especially while running the 57. What makes the MT-25 better in your opinion? 

/snip

FFS this tank is broken, terribly OP when it can pen and horribly UP when it can't.

59-16 OP confirmed. Emailing WG about a nerf. (also, I kinda want to see the replays)

I've now played both the 59-16 and the MT-25, and they are very similar, especially while running the 57. What makes the MT-25 better in your opinion?

72km/h top speed, quicker aimtime and quicker reload.

MT-25 with the autoloader and a controlled impact driver is the best tier 6 antiscout in the game IMO. 

Nah, the VK 28.01 derp/ram combo FTW. 

I just picked up the 59-16.  First game got over 1k damage, completely stock.  Cute tank.

Ok, 14 games in this and it is officially OP.  Still mostly stock (just got the improved tracks) and this tank is now my premiere stet pedder.  It's pretty easy to get purple games - 500 dmg and 1 kill will do it.  So far I'm doing 2475 wn8 and 71% wr, which is really, really good for me. 

The highlight of the night was rustling the jimmies of a ISU-152 driver who got himself isolated.  Hug his ass and slowly plink him to death and there was nothing he could do about it.   He was not amused.  :P

p68sy.jpg

Currently getting a lady crew for the 59-16  haven't driven it yet but planning on going up that line figured I may as well start with a sixth sense /SIA crew.

I play the vk 2801 a lot 50% derp and 50% Heat, I actually like flanking slower higher tier heavies mid to late game to use the HEAT rounds in their rear for that nice 300 or so damage roll every 6 seconds, I was looking at the 59 16 autloaders gold pen and it is pretty damn similliar to the HEAT rounds on the VK2801, roughly how quickly can the 59-16 empty its clip?

Could it be played like I play the VK2801, flanking high tier heavies mid to late game for free bum sex damage or is that extra time waiting around for the clip to empty crippling?

Purchased this tank again to do MOEs.  What a turd.

I've been running with the autoloader and it's just plain bad.  You run into a huge number of tanks that you simply can't pen (even running full APCR).  Flanking for side shots often doesn't matter because you still can't pen the side armor on lots of tanks.  Combine that with mediocre gun handling and your role is relegated largely to shooting at soft targets from close range and running away from everything else.  I'm going to try switching to the 57mm and spamming APCR to see if that redeems this at all.

I've recently played the T21, T37, and Type 64, all of which are at 1200+ DPG.  I'm struggling to pull 800 DPG on this tank.