BlitzReaper

59-16 | An overlooked gem?

Currently getting a lady crew for the 59-16  haven't driven it yet but planning on going up that line figured I may as well start with a sixth sense /SIA crew.

I play the vk 2801 a lot 50% derp and 50% Heat, I actually like flanking slower higher tier heavies mid to late game to use the HEAT rounds in their rear for that nice 300 or so damage roll every 6 seconds, I was looking at the 59 16 autloaders gold pen and it is pretty damn similliar to the HEAT rounds on the VK2801, roughly how quickly can the 59-16 empty its clip?

Could it be played like I play the VK2801, flanking high tier heavies mid to late game for free bum sex damage or is that extra time waiting around for the clip to empty crippling?

It empties its clip really fast - like around 7-8 seconds maybe.  If a tank is 500 or less hp, you will kill it very quickly.  With the autoloader, I play it very much like the Leopard.  Skulk about and look for isolated tanks that you can assassinate and then run away.  I still haven't decided which gun I prefer though and keep switching back and forth between the 57mm and the autoloader.    The 57mm has better handling, pen, and is much lighter but the autoloader has great burst damage.  I think I might stick with the 57mm in the long run as it makes the tank much more flexible.

I had a lot of fun playing this as a 'gun and run' tank with the auto-loader. All the better players said it runs best with the 57 mm though.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2008173#airfield-nighttrain123-59-16

What do you people find of good points in this tank?

It has its fun moments in like 1 out of 10 battles and otherwise it's just dead weight for the team (except for sh of course)

Please enlighten me :/

It has its fun moments in like 1 out of 10 battles and otherwise it's just dead weight for the team (except for sh of course)

It's pretty agile and has great camo as Rexxie said. I've used 76mm gun, which is great for ambushing unaware tanks. If it only had APCR as standard it would be epic tank.

I've had games where I just kept appearing from different positions and put 5 quick shots into enemy.

It's not dead weight at all.  On big maps, its a great scout as its camo and small size make it damn near invisible.  On smaller maps, zoom around and shoot people in the ass.  I've moved on to the wz-131 but the 59-16 ended up as my highest wn8 tank yet with a good (for me) win rate of 53%.

It's probably the second worst tier 6 light tank behind the 12t.  It has a great chassis with good camo.  The gun sucks though.  The autoloader's penetration is so low that you constantly run into tanks you just can't hurt.  You can run with the 57mm which helps your damage output, but then you are just a bad MT-25.

It's too bad, the autoloader is pretty fun when it works.  

Behind the 12t? The 12t's autoloader is actually very effective. Sure, it's mobility isn't great, but that's probably the worst point about the tank. the 12t has the best camo, and the gun is solid for what it is. To be fair, I haven't actually played the game in nearly 3 months, but isn't the T21 still worse?

Behind the 12t? The 12t's autoloader is actually very effective. Sure, it's mobility isn't great, but that's probably the worst point about the tank. the 12t has the best camo, and the gun is solid for what it is. To be fair, I haven't actually played the game in nearly 3 months, but isn't the T21 still worse?

You listed the only good things about the 12t - everything else is garbage.  I'm actually (slowly) working on 3 marking it right now but haven't played a ton of games, we'll see if my opinion changes.  The penetration is superb though.

T21 is actually very solid.  I'd call it third best, falling narrowly behind the Type 64.

I played my 59-16 with the stock gun, found more pen was more useful than higher burst damage, in my first clan I used it in the team battles (before they got changed) to great effect. It was a great tank to play and the WZ-131 and WZ-132 were better still. A fun tank that leads to great tanks.

I found the auto-loader for this was very dependent on matchmaking... and I do NOT like to base my performance around LUCK... As soon as I aced it, I dumped this thing and moved on up the chain. There were some other issues with it as well... I did not like the depression... though there certainly are worse tanks...

59-16 is a fairly new addition to my garage, and it's not as terrible as i feared

the damage output of the stock 57mm took some getting used to, but i can make it work. it is a pure scout, and like most light scout tanks, the longer you keep it alive it gets potentially more dangerous. it's mobility is fantastic, and the low profile (compared to the MT-25 soap box) makes it a sneaky ninja of a light tank. it's incredibly fun to run rings around dumbass heavy tanks (being careful not to run into them), just chipping away their health.

loadout, i never carry HE in the 59-16 with the 57mm gun, and i do carry a....sufficient amount of APCR for tier 8 tanks

when i first unlocked the first 76mm gun , it was infuriating to say the least, as even the APCR on that is insufficient on most tier 8 tanks. and as the autoloader 76mm is no different, i'm probably going to stick to the 57mm stock gun. even if my damage output may be low at the very least i'll be able to hit and damage targets more likely than with the 76mm guns. until i come to grips with playing the 59-16 i don't think i'll be able to use it like the AMX 12t with the 76mm autoloader. and i'm quite comfortable with just using the stock 57mm

Had a decent game recently in the 59-16, just 1 shy of getting a pascucci's medal

http://wotreplays.com/site/2250062#karelia-thomchen114-59-16

I´ve recently bought it after rage-quitting on it.

When i had last played the tank, the autoloader still had only 3 shots. Boy, those 2 additional shots really make the tank!

It´s now become one of my favourites....sure, it can´t do well in all situations, but once you find butter you can cut through, it´s all downhill.

On 11/2/2015 at 0:09 AM, Archaic_One said:

I've always just thought of it as a dedicated stronks tank, a roll that somewhat negates its poor gun.

I recently rebought mine for that exact purpose. I forgot how much I missed the turret boobies! 

It's a lot of fun, but I don't make a ton of cash in it (45 APCR loadout) which kind of defeats the purpose of T6 stronks. 

On 2016/3/18 at 0:43 AM, Kilpanic said:

I recently rebought mine for that exact purpose. I forgot how much I missed the turret boobies! 

It's a lot of fun, but I don't make a ton of cash in it (45 APCR loadout) which kind of defeats the purpose of T6 stronks. 

if you use it in tier 6 stronks for the purpose of farming then you may want to get some other SH staple tanks. i blame the O-I for making SH not as profitable as before

Ive picked this thing up last week, and I have to say, its strangely fun. Im using the 57mm with liberal APCR spam and Food. Took me two battles to ace it. Its pretty comfortable to play with its camo and low profile, and picking up bounces w/ the turret from time to time. 

1 HP remaining, and thats all I needed

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 8:25 AM, mewarmy said:

I played my 59-16 with the stock gun, found more pen was more useful than higher burst damage, in my first clan I used it in the team battles (before they got changed) to great effect. It was a great tank to play and the WZ-131 and WZ-132 were better still. A fun tank that leads to great tanks.

smame here. I use the stock gun as well. The extra pen + the gold pen at leastnkeeps me going. The reload is fast enough. Could never make this tank work in cw. The gun depression was my killer. In pubs i like it. Grsat feeling feeling when you survive a t9 round with lots to show for.

So, 59-16 is going to loose the autoloader and going to get a bog-standard decent single shot 76mm, that is about on par with the 57mm. I don't quite know why they would remove the autoloader, as it gave the tank a certain flavour that I really loved and dropping it effectively one tier, would have left it in quite a sweet spot, penetration-wise. Sure, it would be absolutely OP when you were top tier, but then again, which T6 is not an absolute T4-basher? And the WZ-131, which now will have the match-making that the 59-16 had, does not retain the autoloader either. I'll miss you, my beloved first-3-mark'd...

3qY1bJK.jpg