BlitzReaper

59-16 | An overlooked gem?

Well, I don't know what effect the upcoming changes will have on actual gameplay, but I rather enjoyed this little tonk.  44 games to unlock the wz-131, didn't bother eliting (b/c why would I spend xp on the radio right now...) just yet, might even keep it in my garage.

407 dpg, 66% win rate, wn8 around 1500.  Not quite to my first MoE, but maybe one day.  Yeah, the pen is ridiculously low, but if you're trying to pen anything other than another scout or arty from the front...you're probably doing it wrong.  I felt pretty good about my play in it, I used the autoloader and really dug it.  The magazine reload isn't painful, and if you carry enough HE you can play havoc with enemy heavies.  I ran with 20/15/10, and that seemed to be about the right mix.

I will, however, be VERY sorry to see the autoloader go.

But, instead of an autoloader that couldn't pen anything, you now have second best in class pen for a light, and great camo and mobility still.  So, you really shouldn't miss it, since it got a straight up buff.  It is certainly the second best T6 light, and the best non-premium T6 light.  And T6 lights now see T4 as top tier not infrequently, so why wouldn't you play it!?

2 hours ago, Griphos said:

But, instead of an autoloader that couldn't pen anything, you now have second best in class pen for a light, and great camo and mobility still.  So, you really shouldn't miss it, since it got a straight up buff.  It is certainly the second best T6 light, and the best non-premium T6 light.  And T6 lights now see T4 as top tier not infrequently, so why wouldn't you play it!?

I agree. That autoloader only worked as an anti light tank gun. Anything else and you had problems. I will rebuy it and test it now. 

The minor hp buff was nice. I'll 3 mark it, and then we'll see. I've not found a tier 6 LT to really tickle my fancy, derp VK was gloriously fun, auto loading mini China tank also amusing. Nothing really gets me fired up enough right now, although the AMX 12t might be worth a review? The homogenization sucks, but at least it means I'll have another crew to use in one of the 132s

It's kinda baffling, really. They did their very best to force lights into a scouting-focused role by nerfing their guns and view range (lol @ scouting without base view range), but they somehow, retardedly, managed to take the one tank-configuration out of the game, that made a tank an almost pure scouting and counter-scouting vehicle and by doing that, ironically buffed the combat capacities of the 59-16 against non-scouts. It's mind-blowing.

I'm trying to like the Chinese lights but currently not having much fun with them. I'm on the 59-16 and can't figure out which gun to use? The 76 feels very derpy. Is that the right gun to use?

I did so well with the French lights but this feels kind of shitty to be honest.

Okay, the 59-16 in late 2019/early 2020 - after starting on the Czech line, thinking that it was the last nation that I didn't have a complete line finished up to tier 10, I realised that I haven't done that for the Chinese. I know the heavies are the best line, but I haven't ground a light tank line for a while and the mid-tier lights look kind of fun so decided to take the plunge.

I quite like it. It's basically the same as the Type 64 (used the 76mm), with slightly better pen, more ammo, better camo and what feels like better mobility (although lower top speed). I quite like it, it's fun and can act as a pseudo-medium when required. In fact, I often played it like that, particularly because it's so long since I played a light tank that isn't a Derp-49 that I can't remember where to go on most maps anymore as a scout... :$

25 games, 56% win rate, with 815 DPG (exactly the same as my Type 64, although that has 100 more games), and 311 assist. I'll probably hang onto it.

21 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

Okay, the 59-16 in late 2019/early 2020 - after starting on the Czech line, thinking that it was the last nation that I didn't have a complete line finished up to tier 10, I realised that I haven't done that for the Chinese. I know the heavies are the best line, but I haven't ground a light tank line for a while and the mid-tier lights look kind of fun so decided to take the plunge.

I quite like it. It's basically the same as the Type 64 (used the 76mm), with slightly better pen, more ammo, better camo and what feels like better mobility (although lower top speed). I quite like it, it's fun and can act as a pseudo-medium when required. In fact, I often played it like that, particularly because it's so long since I played a light tank that isn't a Derp-49 that I can't remember where to go on most maps anymore as a scout... :$

25 games, 56% win rate, with 815 DPG (exactly the same as my Type 64, although that has 100 more games), and 311 assist. I'll probably hang onto it.

Are sub 60% win rates on type64 even possible?

15 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Are sub 60% win rates on type64 even possible?

Not all of us are purple unicorns, you know!

For the record, I meant that my DPG was the same as my Type 64. I actually only have a 50.4% win rate in my Type, because yes, I don't really know how to play actual scout light tanks, to be honest. I mostly just drive around like a headless chicken.

1 hour ago, Balthazars said:

Not all of us are purple unicorns, you know!

For the record, I meant that my DPG was the same as my Type 64. I actually only have a 50.4% win rate in my Type, because yes, I don't really know how to play actual scout light tanks, to be honest. I mostly just drive around like a headless chicken.

I'm a permablue. When I use my pc instead of my laptop i barely skirt 60-61% and 2900-3000 wn8 but when I play on my laptop I'm a 55% shitter and I still pull 65% wr in my type. This thing has VR not possible in that tier. Not shaming you, just suggesting you should come back to it or were unlucky. Type is probably one of the best if not the best t6 tank.

16 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I'm a permablue. When I use my pc instead of my laptop i barely skirt 60-61% and 2900-3000 wn8 but when I play on my laptop I'm a 55% shitter and I still pull 65% wr in my type. This thing has VR not possible in that tier. Not shaming you, just suggesting you should come back to it or were unlucky. Type is probably one of the best if not the best t6 tank.

I'm awful in the thing, though my stats in it would probably be better if not for the fact it was one of my first premiums

5 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

I'm awful in the thing, though my stats in it would probably be better if not for the fact it was one of my first premiums

Most probably. Especially if you had it pre buff. 

On 1/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, Ezz said:

It got buffed? I thought it just didn't get nerfed when all the tree tanks did.

Well it stayed the same but effectively moved down a tier. It's the best buff you can get

Remember that Type 64 stats have to continually contend with pre-LT changes, where it met higher tiers. People nowdays have them with very high DPG like 1.5K, which just wasn't common at all seeing tier 9, or even Xs before that. Now, it is extremely strong, though it per se didn't receive buffs, everything around it was significantly nerfed. 

59-16 has a powerful gun, for a light tank. Like AMX12T, it is quite ahead in firepower compared to T21, VK, MT25, T37. And unlike 12T, is worlds ahead in DPM. The problems with this thing, are low view range compared to VK or T21, and the very low shell velocity. Shell velocity even with APCR is mediocre

the 59-16 is a combat/flanker scout or counter scout. It definitely doesn't have the VR to be a primary scout. the gun is short/mid range and the turret is fast. It's good at pushing other lights off, can generally out DPM them and has a bit more armor than most t6 scouts and some meds.

i played it before the Great Nerf with the machine gun and almost pure gold and it was a surprisingly good tank to have and fun in strongholds. I kept it until it got hammered to a true tier 6. lol penning an E100 in the ass with a full gold magazine was so much damn fun until the lorraine shot you for loitering....