munchtastic

My Favourite Artillery Positions

I didn't have the time to make the arty guide this winter break, but I thought I owe it to the clickers whom I promised a guide...

I've thought long and hard about revealing some of my positions because I was worried that people will wise up and make it harder for me to click. But, since university has started and I won't be playing for a while, why not release this! It doesn't matter if people know where I like to click, they are gonna get clicked anyways! It's basically impossible to avoid good artillery players' shots lol!!!

There's a person who private messaged me in-game, and I promised to email him my arty positions. To you, sorry this took a long time. I forgot your email! So I hope you are seeing this!

I annotated all the maps I think that are in play right now in pdf format. Excuse my handwriting. The file is too large for me to upload via forum, so I've attached a dropbox link. Just click it, and it'll take you to my pdf document on Dropbox!

It's hard to include everything; there's just too much information that I wanted to include. Any questions or need clarifications? I'll try to answer them on forum. lol! Happy clicking!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te9a7f9a1suja97/Munchtastic%27s%20Favourite%20Arty%20Positions.pdf?dl=0

Clarification: Those positions are what I use EARLY and maybe MID-GAME. In general, I move around lots through out the battle. Don't stay in 1 place only...

Generally, you want to hide behind a rock, house, or in any confined places so that if somebody tries to kill you, they have to drive in front of your gun. Take note to hide around 50m behind the corner so you don't get proxy spotted as enemy comes around the corner

My steps on finding new positions:

1) go into arty mode and put reticle on a position you wish to hit.

2) double tap "R" to move forward full speed in the general direction you think a better position could be

3) if the reticle turns from red to green, it indicates the shell can travel to where you indicated

4). Congratulations! you just found a new arty position!

BTW: It's possible that some immature moderator may delete this post. So, if you want to take a look at these positions later, i suggest you download the pdf and keep a copy yourself. lol

Edited by munchtastic

can somebody confirm the link is working? A person on the official forum tells me the link isn't working...

The positions in the document are great mostly for early and mid-game. On each map, there are several scenarios of how game could proceed, each with distinct sets of good arty positions. If I were to include those late game positions as well, the annotated map would be unreadable! So, as the game progresses, please use your best judgment. 

The positions I drew did not take consideration hiding as arty. Generally, you want to hide behind a rock, house, or in any confined places so that if somebody tries to kill you, they have to drive in front of your gun. Take note to hide around 50m behind the corner so you don't get proxy spotted as enemy comes around the corner

The mod deleted the post because fuck your cancer guides. 

if you guys like the document, please save a copy because this prophecy might become true...lol

On the contrary, thanks for the guide. I'll have to make a loading screen or change my minimap to know where cancer sits now. Cheers! +1

watch the houses and tight corners...I've derped so many mediums and lights who knew where I was but still died to me! lol

On the contrary, thanks for the guide. I'll have to make a loading screen or change my minimap to know where cancer sits now. Cheers! +1

If you make it into a minimap mod pls share that gift with the world.

Why posted here in the Newbie Palace?

My first arty post got moved from Metagame discussion to Newbie Palace by a mod. So...I thought my following arty posts should just follow the rule. lol 

So if this post belongs in Metagame discussion or something, can a mod move this please?

Dunno what happened to the previous one that I didn't move into the bin (as it was duplicate, please refrain from posting the same thread multiple times).

In any case, moved into the appropriate (cough) section.

Dunno what happened to the previous one that I didn't move into the bin (as it was duplicate, please refrain from posting the same thread multiple times).

In any case, moved into the appropriate (cough) section.

Okay captain!

The mod deleted the post because fuck your cancer guides. 

- Headshot! In your own head. RO incoming.

You're scary... you made my avatar sad...

Anyways now I can predict where arty would go and camp. Thanks OP.

I'll never understand why people can't discuss a part of the game without devolving into a 5 year old.

Some people lack the ability to control themselves.

Honestly playing arty made me better against arty. If you know where they are normally sitting / looking it's much easier to avoid them.

I've thought long and hard about revealing some of my positions because I was worried that people will wise up and make it harder for me to click. But, since university has started and I won't be playing for a while, why not release this! It doesn't matter if people know where I like to click, they are gonna get clicked anyways! It's basically impossible to avoid good artillery players' shots lol!!!

I thank you for making your guide, but I think I threw up a little reading this particular part.

I hate arty but I deal with it. I have tried arty and I just find it to be dull. Sitting in the back, usually not moving, waiting for them to show up and you might just be in the right position to hit them is just plain boring . I want to be face-to-face with the enemy, not firing over buildings and possibly hitting them for a good amount. I want to hit the enemy repeatedly at close range so they can see me when I drive away from their burning wreck.

Thank you for your guide! This was very valuable information and I'll be sure to put it to good use.

Would you mind making a youtube video so I can become better at artillery? I find it really frustrating because arty is so hard to play and I usually only manage to oneshot a couple of tanks when I'm in a CGQ.

Thank you for your guide! This was very valuable information and I'll be sure to put it to good use.

Would you mind making a youtube video so I can become better at artillery? I find it really frustrating because arty is so hard to play and I usually only manage to oneshot a couple of tanks when I'm in a CGQ.

Nowadays, the only artillery I play is 261. CGQ is such a different beast. I don't have that artillery, so take my advice with a grain of salt. From what I learned when play 212 before the arty nerf, is that those hard-hitting slow reloading artillery shouldn't really try to shoot moving targets. Go for the sureshots.

Pre-aiming at critical positions is crucial because good players don't expose themselves too often. But to do this, you need to be able to predict how the game might proceed judging from both teams' team composition. I high recommend installing XVM and shoot the best players in the highest tier tanks. What happens usually in Public games is that on each side there's only 1 to 3 people leading the push. So, generally if you nail those people doing the main push, the enemy side slows down, giving you the time to reload and your team to stabilize. Personally, most of my losses in arty was due to teammates dying too fast to the enemy. I've had games in artillery where my teammates were bad, but because they died slowly, I was able to dish out enough damage to win the game. So in a CGQ, I guess you need to hit the tanks doing most of the pushing. Once they've slowed down, there's very good chance you will win that game.

I think the best I can do is play 261 with commentary and record that footage...Unfortunately, I don't have too much time right now...Maybe I'll look into it during my reading break, which is around mid February. If that can't happen, I'll look into it after April when university finishes.

Honestly playing arty made me better against arty. If you know where they are normally sitting / looking it's much easier to avoid them.

Pretty much this. Guides like this and actually playing arties give away SO much on where they hide and what tactics they use.

Sometimes when I've got an arty cornered behind a building, I'll just sit there until help arrives (we've won the battle at that point anyways). It keeps him out of the fighting and useless until he's dealt with.

It's going to get better with the TD and arty view range nerfs. Soon, you will light them wayyy before they even see you.

Isn't best place usually water?

Ever notice that 99% of all suiciders are arties? I don't quite understand why though.