First off, thank you for making a great forum.  There's a ridiculous amount of information here.

I've been lurking it for a couple weeks now and have already picked up some things that, while they won't

make me super tanker of the year, have already made my playing experience better (why did I never notice tracks and 2nd consumable slot are both 5 etc).

So thanks again.

Glad to see you're learning. Its funny to see how sometimes people will show up here bitch about the game and walk away with nothing.

I started watching some live streams and replays from Zeven.  He does a good job of explaining the rationale behind his movements.  

I wish I had thought to really look for this stuff before, but you know...Tonks, pew pew...Tiger I  vs the world because of the History Channel.

May my next 9k battles not be as craptastic as my first 9k.

Just giving myself a bit of follow up, and while I am still a stinker, I am at least a bit less ripe now.  

From 01-01-2015 (When I found WOT Labs):

Battles 1246 

WR 48.96% (up 1.5% vs overall)

Avg Dmg 685 (up 293 vs overall)

Survived 21% (up 4% vs overall)

WN8 869.84 (up 243.77 vs overall)

My last 30 days has seen me have  567 battles with a 51.3% Win Rate.

I attribute most of this to trying to keep my gun in the game as long as possible, and not trying to be the guy that holds a side all by myself.  There can be power in the lemming train.

Thanks again to everyone that has contributed to these forums.

Nice improvement. I also find Zeven's replays helpful, so dense with information and explanations which is exactly what I need. 

My overall WN8 was around 480 when I found this place and I still re-watch and re-read tons.

Cause I often learn the painful way. On the other hand, I figure it's the learning effing nothin that keeps me young.  :verysmug:

Keep reading and trying you'll get better
Welcome and good luck

2 things that helped me a ton

Map awareness

Learning camo/vision mechanic

Crossed into recent light green territory today.  Maybe if I play a decent next 10k matches my overall will start to look respectable.

At least I have a bit of pubbie camo going for me.  Nobody looks to shoot the orange guys right off the bat!!

@killane --- I have watched a bunch of Zeven's replays and streams.  They've helped me look at the maps a lot better..  

This is mostly just a rolling self commentary so I can at least show myself that I am getting a bit better.

Haven't updated myself recently. Still hanging in green territory.  Having more good days than bad days by my estimation.  Thought the bad ones can really hurt.

Finally Aced the IS-6.  Was a cast iron bitch to Ace for me.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1949400#redshire-devo99-is-6