Ulick Megee

Issue with 6th sense?

I've noticed recently that there seems to be a slight delay between being spotted and the 6th bulb going off. The delay I would guesstimate to be around 1-2 seconds. I'm 100% sure I was spotted when I noticed this.

I've Googled it but can find anything definitive on it. My rig has all the latest gear in it and my internet is rock solid 100mb down 50mb up. I am also hardwired to the router. My ping is also fairly constant. EU1-45 EU2-30 these ping numbers only fluctuate by a small amount.

So is this normal or should it light up as soon as you're spotted? The other day I was driving the my T54 I peeked a corner and as I was thinking I'm spotted I got blapped by a deathstar,thus coincided with the bulb going off,bit fucking late really...

Anyway thanks in advance fir the help/clarification..

3 second delay.  Because if sixth sense was to go off instantly, tanks would be retreating into cover instantly, and not enough time would be given to get a shot off at them.

Also, I believe if your commander is dead, sixth sense won't work.  He has to be in action.

Also, I believe if your commander is dead, sixth sense won't work.  He has to be in action.

You are correct. I've taken an E5 into a training room to verify.

Hello all. A fellow tanker recently told me that 6th sense is variable -- that the time can be more than 3 seconds. If I remember correctly, he said that it could be up to about 7 seconds. He said that the randomness of 6th sense was a relatively recent change. Is it true that 6th sense is variable? Or is the time always 3 seconds?

Hello all. A fellow tanker recently told me that 6th sense is variable -- that the time can be more than 3 seconds. If I remember correctly, he said that it could be up to about 7 seconds. He said that the randomness of 6th sense was a relatively recent change. Is it true that 6th sense is variable? Or is the time always 3 seconds?

Variability is not from 6th sense.

6th sense comes on exactly 3 seconds after having been spotted, but being spotted in itself may take longer. Spotting can take up to 2 seconds at long distances because spot checks work in intervals depending on distance.

The intervals are:

• within 50 m range - every 0.1 sec
  • within 150 m range - every 0.5 sec
  • within 270 m range - every 1.0 sec
  • within 445 m range - every 2.0 sec

Thus, in theory, if you peek out of cover and are within spotting range of an enemy tank, up to exactly 5 seconds may elapse before your 6th sense comes on. However, there will be exactly 3 seconds between the moment you are spotted and the moment your 6th sense come off every time.

Variability is not from 6th sense.

6th sense comes on exactly 3 seconds after having been spotted, but being spotted in itself may take longer. Spotting can take up to 2 seconds at long distances because spot checks work in intervals depending on distance.

The intervals are:

• within 50 m range - every 0.1 sec
  • within 150 m range - every 0.5 sec
  • within 270 m range - every 1.0 sec
  • within 445 m range - every 2.0 sec

Thus, in theory, if you peek out of cover and are within spotting range of an enemy tank, up to exactly 5 seconds may elapse before your 6th sense comes on. However, there will be exactly 3 seconds between the moment you are spotted and the moment your 6th sense come off every time.

To clarify, the intervals are built in to the server side program, and they are to keep it from having a meltdown doing infinite spot checks for every player. In WG's infinite wisdom, they decided the intervals should be longer for longer range because you definitely don't need to see targets sooner at long range, amirite? This is also verifiable in training rooms if you ever get curious. Just have a buddy park in the open, and you can see the delay between when you get LoS to when he actually appears on your screen.