Sign in to follow this  
just_started

FV4005 Stage II

Im kinda enjoying it.

Its definitely not easy to play well (despite the fact its a HE cannon basically), but im having fun with it. Its definitely not a good tank but it has meme potential for sure.

I'm getting better at it but this TD is horrible when you get a series of steamrolls. The games need a steady pace. Otherwise you end up top damage with 1.9k. 

Also 1750 alpha is too much for one reason. Low rolls happen often but you rarely see high rolls since that means deleting the tank in one shot anyway. I've been super unlucky with low rolls though. So many sub1500 and sub 1580 rolls.

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Also 1750 alpha is too much for one reason. Low rolls happen often but you rarely see high rolls since that means deleting the tank in one shot anyway. I've been super unlucky with low rolls though. So many sub1500 and sub 1580 rolls.

Blame RNG not ALPHA. And yes i agree that 25% is way too much on any gun. 

16 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Blame RNG not ALPHA. And yes i agree that 25% is way too much on any gun. 

Yeah RNG is a problem but Alpha too. Under current rules high dmg rolls happen rarely since enemy tanks have to be full HP for you to notice any RNG good luck. This means your effective DPM is shit and this gun could as well have 1600 alpha with a bit more rof and be much better.

I think it's fun. Currently at 20 games @ 67% WR somehow, afraid to touch it now because I know it'll only get worse. 

Not saying it's OP, or even good - however it is fun, and can turn the tide of battle in one or two clicks. Here I nail a Maus for 1850 with one shot. Feelsgoodman.jpg

No regrets grinding for this thing. It shouldn't be in the game, but as long as it is...HESH memes are delightful, and the trashbarn is a lot more comfortable and flexible than the deathstar. You have to put up with getting spotted from a couple kilometers away and arty can give you a taste of your own medicine, but this thing is just pure amusement. 

Played my first game in it last night. Nothing can really prepare you for how absurd this thing is. Deleted 3 1100-1200 hp tanks, including a long range cupola snipe on a Tortoise, in 3 shots. Didn’t snipe-pen the arse of a T30. So only did 747 damage... And penned a K-91 for over 1700hp.  But with a roll of the dice this game could’ve easily been a 2k misery feast, or less, instead of the easiest 6k I’ve ever done. 

Comedy gold.

31 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

Played my first game in it last night. Nothing can really prepare you for how absurd this thing is. Deleted 3 1100-1200 hp tanks, including a long range cupola snipe on a Tortoise, in 3 shots. Didn’t snipe-pen the arse of a T30. So only did 747 damage... And penned a K-91 for over 1700hp.  But with a roll of the dice this game could’ve easily been a 2k misery feast, or less, instead of the easiest 6k I’ve ever done. 

Comedy gold.

Precisely. After I played my first match in this thing I played all my matches in it for a couple days. It just kept making me laugh. You can get 5k damage by firing only 3 shots in a lucky game. I don't know that it's good for the health of the game, but it does put a smile on my face from time to time. 

Yeah but the worst part is when you start your session with a monster 8k game with all the pens and then get spoted by tanks that should not be there and you end up with 3 games with 1.1k dmg