Shinma

9.5 Camo Values Sheet

Forgot last time I updated this, credit goes to DevilHunter off of the RU fora for 99% of this, and Dance210 with NA testing (Update: a few values added/retested)

Spreadsheet 

Added:

• New British Line
  • Object 907
  • Su 76i
  • Panther 8.8
  • T95E2 

Not there:

• WZ-111
  • Object 260

Link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uO8L1bTAHFMtaiL-ovqesWqY3KkpeQJWmpwJFzLIvPc/edit?usp=sharing

edit: If you're wondering "Why don't people just look at tank inspector" It's because the values aren't there/aren't updated.

Quick check of the new UK TDs:

Archer - Good camo, 20% (Tier and class avg is 18.4%)

Achilles - Average camo, 17.3% (avg 17.2%)

Challenger - Bad camo, 13% (avg 17%)

Chariot - Good camo, 17.4% (avg 14.7%)

Conway - Very bad camo, 8.67% (avg 14.6%)

FV4005 - No camo, 1.37% (avg 9.33%)

Nothing too surprising, although the Challenger is even worse than I anticipated and the Chariot's camo is much better than I anticipated.

Quick check of the new UK TDs:

Archer - Good camo, 20% (Tier and class avg is 18.4%)

Achilles - Average camo, 17.3% (avg 17.2%)

Challenger - Bad camo, 13% (avg 17%)

Chariot - Good camo, 17.4% (avg 14.7%)

Conway - Very bad camo, 8.67% (avg 14.6%)

FV4005 - No camo, 1.37% (avg 9.33%)

Nothing too surprising, although the Challenger is even worse than I anticipated and the Chariot's camo is much better than I anticipated.

I'm not too convinced about the Stage 2's camo values now that you mention it. If someone's around I'd like to retest that one. 

I noticed certain light tanks not getting the OTM % camo bonus (e.x. the BT-SV, Stuart I-IV, Pz 38(t) and whatnot)

provided they are low tiers, but considering how other low tier lights (e.x. BT-7) get the bonus... did WG derp?

I'm not too convinced about the Stage 2's camo values now that you mention it. If someone's around I'd like to retest that one. 

After 100 games in FV4005 I can confirm camo rating is nonexistent coupled with poor view range almost every tank in the game will out spot you unless you got camo net active / camopaint / binos active / food / vents / BIA / SA / Recon / camocrew and then maybe you will spot them first.

Nice to see UE57 has one of the best camos ratings along with my Pak 36 / E25 are my favorite clubbers.

M3 Lee has second worst MT camo after M60. More reason to support bashing of that shit tank lol. 

Eh, testing came to pretty close, might be 2.1, but :effort:

Will see about getting 95e2 and wz-111 values up this week. 

Ok, Sheet updated with the t95e2 values, credit to Dance210 for helping me on her day off even. 

At a glance:

T95E2
Standing|Moving|Firing

10.59% | 7.94% | 2.24%

M3 Lee has second worst MT camo after M60. More reason to support bashing of that shit tank lol. 

Well, it's tall as a barn. But for some reason, and despite the 3 people up that turret with *absolutely* nothing else to do than spotting, it has a terrible viewrange.

Well, it's tall as a barn. But for some reason, and despite the 3 people up that turret with *absolutely* nothing else to do than spotting, it has a terrible viewrange.

They play 3-men chess.

-------

BTW How do test vehicles' camo?

They play 3-men chess.

-------

BTW How do test vehicles' camo?

So, the guy explains his methodology and retests new/changed tanks. From my understanding, it's done with a fixed 445m tank with clear LoS and taking the average of a number of runs and the range at where one's spotted for the different values, with no skilled crew. Taking the mean spotted distant (in meters) for 10 runs divided by 445 will give you the ratio. 

IE 

where

X = mean spotted distance

C= Base camo value

1 - (X/445) = C

Bush values weren't easily understood with just google translate, but if you pull apart the .pkg files you'll see there's a finite number of them, and testing a few different variants will give you the values. 

As for normalizing:

incidentally, the best way I seem to have come across is that a 390 view range tank + bia vents and optics = 445.75 So t54 with just those skills and equip can work, though taller = better.

tl;dr 100% crew and other skills vs. 445 view range tank, 10 runs for each. I prefer Airfield's airfield for no trees + long straight line.

Really though, I found a few 'easier' ways to do it on this last run, namely you take said tank in stripped down condition, start from 445, find the absolute furthest you can go where hull movement (side pivot works in this case) will stop triggering (M). Take that value M/445(or your exact viewrange of test tank), and multiply correct class modifier (In med case, movement is always 75% of stationary). The gun decamo factors are in client, so you can multiply that factor by the stationary.

Great work Shinma. At work so cannot check but any idea how these numbers compare to those at WOTINFO.com? Are those just wrong? All right? Somewhere in between? Should I just stop using that site for camo values?

Great work Shinma. At work so cannot check but any idea how these numbers compare to those at WOTINFO.com? Are those just wrong? All right? Somewhere in between? Should I just stop using that site for camo values?

Wotinfo.net (.com is for sale ripperio) nor the primary RU sources had the values listed. VBA didn't so tank inspector doesn't. I'm hard pressed to think of where it might be. 

does anyone have an updated list?  Also, if I want to find the camo for a different gun (for instance, the T49 90mm), how do I do that?

Edit: reading fail, I see the link now.  

Still, I'd rather have a cool sortable spreadsheet