jodgi

The Weather Thread

The winterstorm "Nina" hit the west coast of Norway today. She packs gale force winds. I went to the beach (heh..) to investigate.

http://youtu.be/cnY1s_vy0J8

Big pics:

twtMEsn.jpg

zXuxqha.jpg

2QNFlUx.jpg

Note the big rock...

cOXnHLe.jpg

Notice how it just disappears:

h8wjVGY.jpg

This has been my weather today

A little snow with a nice base temp of 2°F and -4°F today without the wind

Tomorrow I might go into the snow fields if the wind isn't bad and it'll be above 0

piOnRgP.jpg

This has been my weather today

A little snow with a nice base temp of 2°F and -4°F today without the wind

Tomorrow I might go into the snow fields if the wind isn't bad and it'll be above 0

piOnRgP.jpg

Is that ski hill not in the rockies?

I live in Ireland. I get the fuck rest of the hurricanes and shit the americans dont get ._.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcwc4opjrcM

You see this? That wall is off the top of my head nearly 5-7 metres wide AND has the rock thingys against it.

That wasn't the worst either.

People have literally died on that pier just by being stupid enough to get crushed by the waves

10-20 degrees today. I curse building maintenance at work. I really do. Much as I love the cold, and I still sleep with my window open, I can't get away from it at work. Office is in a bit of a corner with a big ass vent with the temperature being set to around 60 degrees in summer because people frequently come in and go out up front. We also have a window AC as a permanent fixture in the window because for some years before the central air didn't work. It was a half ass job with cold air pouring through no matter how well we cover it and if we put the space heater beside it. I'm still the idiot that drinks iced coffee though. That hot coffee just puts me back to sleep. I need an internal shock.

A Weather Thread... Now we've got it all.

But yeah... Cold sucks. One day I'm gonna have to ditch NJ.

omg ur in NJ 2

hit me up bb

I have to google to find out if those temps are above or below the water freezing temp, so intuitive...

At least all the bugs are dead.

Yet they always return during summer: It's like nature wants to reward for enduring the cold and then slap us during the good times.

8C gonna be 11C as a high.  No wind, all sun.  Snowed in the mountains all night, nothing down here.  Life in the high desert is pretty rough.....

Anyone remember this shit?

I remember it through the many stories of my mother and siblings. The total and complete destruction of Ohio and making $20/hr with a snowplow, in 1978 dollars because it was so horrific the National Guard went apeshit and my sister ran out every time a National Guard helicopter flew overhead. Taking two hours or longer to walk down the street to get groceries and digging people out of their houses because the snow drifts were large enough to engulf the entire fronts of houses and make them disappear. 

In Maryland (mid-east USA for the fureigners who don't know), near Washington DC. Just hovering at the freezing point this morning. We got about 1/16" - 1/8" of rain over night (that's like 1 mm). So there's some "black ice" on the roads. Federal Government shut down for the day. I work for the Federal Government. I will continue to do so forever because of times like these.