More satisfying hardmode: shoot AP/HE only, use weakspots nobody ever considers shooting at, laugh at the enemy while you rip them apart through superior skill and tank knowledge

Very nice guide! One suggestion tho, I'd simply go for an automatic fire extinguisher rather than manual, but only take a small repair kit and medikit.

Reasons are that no matter how quick you are with it, you will burn for a few ticks, which is at least a few hundred HP. Automatic one guarantees the lowest ammount of damage from fire.

The bonuses given from the other two are too small without crew skills/equipment to boost it, also the chances of having two must have crewcrew or modules knocked out in one game are slim. An argument can be made for the large repair kit with full repair trained crew, but a toolbox must be added for best effect. With Jack of all trades, the effectiveness of the large medikit isn't as good, plus a spall liner is needed for the best effect.

Unless arty hits you. Then you will be ducked no matter what!

Nice camo showoff.

Even though some purples would disagree, I'd rate medkit as necessary. You're supposed to, and will take hits, sometimes in the side of your huge turret. But also on the frontal weak spot (of turret), often resulting in a dead commander/gunner and sometimes loader.

+1 for using vents  :thumbup:

Edit: fire extinguishers really are unnecessary, haven't been torched since I'm using chocolate (got PM though).

Nice guide.

I run mine with a Spall Liner and have dropped the medikit to make room for food. Jack of all trade on the commander combined with the extra crew protection from the liner makes it pretty safe and I rarely lose crew members. And the E-hundo gets enough clicker aggro that the Liner is not hard to justify in my eyes.

Very nice guide! One suggestion tho, I'd simply go for an automatic fire extinguisher rather than manual, but only take a small repair kit and medikit.

Reasons are that no matter how quick you are with it, you will burn for a few ticks, which is at least a few hundred HP. Automatic one guarantees the lowest ammount of damage from fire.

The bonuses given from the other two are too small without crew skills/equipment to boost it, also the chances of having two must have crewcrew or modules knocked out in one game are slim. An argument can be made for the large repair kit with full repair trained crew, but a toolbox must be added for best effect. With Jack of all trades, the effectiveness of the large medikit isn't as good, plus a spall liner is needed for the best effect.

Unless arty hits you. Then you will be ducked no matter what!

Well yes, Always use an auto extinguisher, I just put auto/manual for a uniform look. and I change my consumables so often that I can't really pin it down. Sometimes I run all large and auto ext, sometimes I run a rep kit extinguisher and food, sometimes rep kit, med kit, and food. It really just depends on how you want to play and prepare for. also that's why the third equipment piece is up to you ;)

Nice camo showoff.

Even though some purples would disagree, I'd rate medkit as necessary. You're supposed to, and will take hits, sometimes in the side of your huge turret. But also on the frontal weak spot (of turret), often resulting in a dead commander/gunner and sometimes loader.

+1 for using vents  :thumbup:

I play pretty aggressive, and you really don't lose crew as often as you think. I'm always changing my consumables around though so I just basically said rep kit was the only necessary one because that's the one think I NEVER remove

I  should go to sleep. I can barely read or process words right now

Nice guide.

I run mine with a Spall Liner and have dropped the medikit to make room for food. Jack of all trade on the commander combined with the extra crew protection from the liner makes it pretty safe and I rarely lose crew members. And the E-hundo gets enough clicker aggro that the Liner is not hard to justify in my eyes.

This... actually makes a lot of sense.

Equipment:
For your equipment you have 2 necessary pieces of equipment and 1 optional piece that you can switch out to your own liking. 

Large-Caliber Gun Rammer - Necessary
Vertical Stabalizer mk 2 - Necessary
Improved Ventalation Class 3 - Optional
SuperHeavy Spall Liner - Optional
Enhanced Gun Laying Drive - Optional
Coated Optics - Optional
Toolbox - Optional

GLD Rammer Vert anything else is for people with a chronic case of stupid

Bads can downvote Onee but he's still right, anything but Rammer/Vstab/GLD is stupid. There are no valid "differing playstyle" choices here.

Just some opinions.

Well yes, Always use an auto extinguisher, I just put auto/manual for a uniform look. and I change my consumables so often that I can't really pin it down. Sometimes I run all large and auto ext, sometimes I run a rep kit extinguisher and food, sometimes rep kit, med kit, and food. It really just depends on how you want to play and prepare for. also that's why the third equipment piece is up to you ;)

I play pretty aggressive, and you really don't lose crew as often as you think. I'm always changing my consumables around though so I just basically said rep kit was the only necessary one because that's the one think I NEVER remove

I was thinking about E-100 crew skills yesterday. Since you no longer catch fire from the front, and your sides are invulnerable most of the time when you play right, you really should only get lit up when shot from the back which more often than not means you're screwed anyways. Instead of devoting a consumable to put that rare occurrence out, why not just go for lots of FF training early on after Repairs (gunnery skills are nearly useless on this tank, look at dispersion values) and just drop the auto ext? I think having 2x repair kits will save you more often than fire protection and the fire damage will be minimal with that crew setup.

Also I lose crew members a lot, often from arty focus. The huge turret is a baseball glove for HE shells and is pretty poor protection.

Just some opinions.

I've changed my mind and would say Vents is an acceptable alternative. I don't think any of the others are worthy though.

Nice guide m8. I use mine wuth double rep and food, just because I always find myself being tracked as im pulling around for a shot at least once a game, so I can generally get an extra shell of damage in compared to if I let it repair normally.

Also, 330am posts are best posts. Sleepless focus ftw \o/

I've changed my mind and would say Vents is an acceptable alternative. I don't think any of the others are worthy though.

Having spoken to, among others, Jackquerudo, Anfield and Camador, I have switched from GLD to Vents to complement my high-4 skill crew. The tank handles a bit better, and it lops a little bit of the reload, but I didn't notice any change in gun handling. That said, I am less sensitive to gun handling than many. The reload and mobility ARE noticeable, though, so for me vents>GLD.

@A_UselessReptile

Your crew looks fine.  Equipment however...........why have a spall liner?  I mean arty will still nail you for 700+ damage with or without it so why keep it? Throw on vents instead of spall liner IMO, your crew can handle the change to vents.

Also, why so much HE? Unless you have the worst luck ever and constantly run into waffles, I would drop it to 10 HE rounds at least, and put all 10 of those rounds into the HEAT loadout. So 10 AP, 30 HEAT, 10 HE.

That's just my opinion though........

Equipement on this tank kinda annoys me.

I generally tend to take vents on all of my tanks (increases everything and it's the only item that actually increases accuracy) so it goes like this.

Vents, VertStab, Rammer (Or optics instead of vents on mediums but that's another story).

However Ehundo could really benefit from a spall liner due to its armor and how SPGs like to blast away at it... but that would mean i have to bite the bullet and not use a vent (it's the least useful of all useful items it seems) no matter how much i love to have it comboing with BiA.

Or i could just not take a spall liner at all no matter how synergetic it seems to be.

Also with the change to german tanks removing frontal engine fires i think it would be a good idea to retrain the loaders and give them intuition instead of firefighting.

Fires are not that big of a problem anymore for germans as they used to be and intuition might help in some situations despite being unreliable.

For example switching to a different shell type during reload if you want to save a bit on silver (wouldn't recomend doing that in the middle of a fight but it might save a second or two if you are indecisive as to what kind of ammo you should load after shooting.

I'd use a spal liner and put the Jack of all trades perk on the commander if I had an E100, just because I could use Food and fire or fuel (fuel might not be bad if you have the credits)... so I could drop the medkit

Having spoken to, among others, Jackquerudo, Anfield and Camador, I have switched from GLD to Vents to complement my high-4 skill crew. The tank handles a bit better, and it lops a little bit of the reload, but I didn't notice any change in gun handling. That said, I am less sensitive to gun handling than many. The reload and mobility ARE noticeable, though, so for me vents>GLD.

How much impact did the advanced crew have on that decision?  I think I'm around 80% in skill 3.  

How much impact did the advanced crew have on that decision?  I think I'm around 80% in skill 3.  

Presence of BIA was key for me, since I can stack BiA/vents. With a 80% 3-skill crew, you could do 6th/repairs 1st, BiA 2nd, repairs/snap/smooth 3rd and switch to vents.

I would also run fud, but I'm cheap and loathe to forgo AFE. I'm cursed: people assure me tank X does not catch fire with fud. I run fud, I get three straight fires...

I feel you on the food bit.  Lights are about the only things I run food on, since I figure I've already fucked up if I'm getting hit.  

I have been running fud on *ahem* arty...