CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

3 hours ago, igorCRO said:

Which heave tank is the best for "kill 2 heavies 2 tiers higher than your tank"?

Which heavy tank is the best for "kill 1 enemy vehicle 1 tier higher than your tank by ramming"?

I have a wide choice of: KV-2, O-I, IS-3, T34.....

Thanks

The AMX 50 100 running full APCR is the most reliable way to kill 2 heavies 2 tiers higher because of the speed, penetration and clip size.

KV-5, FCM and AMX 50 120 are all good for ram kills.

If you only have those 4 options, then just spam the IS-3. It has enough speed to ram kill a light TD or clicker. It can also handle a brawl area well enough to secure some kill shots.

:QBSeal:

Yeah, I did that mission in a T-150 platooned with pref 8s-- load APCR (same pen as KV-5), hide behind platooned IS-6, pop out for kill shots. Two dead IS-3s later, GG. I think the 50 100 is also viable, but the EMIL I has far too low pen to reliably work over Tier 10 heavies.

Same I've done 4 or so in the last week.  Down to 8 I think? I've only got 1 really irksome one left, the 3x hp blocked.  The rest require outlying games,  but no play style changes. 

Managed to do this today (Only missing few missions now from 260)
1xInuzq.jpg

http://wotreplays.com/site/3219567#erlenberg-swoopie-113

You see me yolo a lot,  I just wanted to get the early damage+early blocked damage in every game and see how the game develops after that. In the end it took 44 games and a total of 1 day to "grind" this mission.

15 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Luckily,  only the MT 15 mission requires any sort of real play modification. And of course playing mediums, which is what skill is. 

Yeah, that is my last mission. I won't say I don't enjoy playing tier 9/10 meds, but the mission is retarded.

My problem is, if there is enough TD, then are they camping hard. Their team get stomped due to them being passive. In the end we have like 10 tanks against the 4 TDs, so I don't get enough dmg. 

I could have done it 2 times, but those last juicy full hp grilles were stolen by arty.:cri:

15 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Yeah, that is my last mission. I won't say I don't enjoy playing tier 9/10 meds, but the mission is retarded.

My problem is, if there is enough TD, then are they camping hard. Their team get stomped due to them being passive. In the end we have like 10 tanks against the 4 TDs, so I don't get enough dmg. 

I could have done it 2 times, but those last juicy full hp grilles were stolen by arty.:cri:

Yea,  I can already tell I'll be frustrated by this.  If WG changes it to 5k combined to TDs then suddenly it's both less chance-y and implies better MT gameplay.  Even 6k would be reasonable (dem tracking shots )

3 missions done today!  5x HP in a TD - done in the M18 in BT8 on Fisherman's Bay. Nothing on their team contested the middle,  so I got 3 shots on approach and then sat with camo net like a good player. Around 2200 I dove into the town to get the rest I needed.  Ended with 3200 an M18 damage record for me.  15 attempts. 

5k damage and no broken modules? Sounds like an E5 mission!  I did 5k without even taking a point of damage.  6600 overall and 4500 assisted.  Was my E5 XP record (although I've played only ~200 games since the buff). Erlenberg, assault,  offense,  go west with west spawn. D2 asap and crush. 2200xp.

Last and easiest one was the kill  +2 tier HT in a HT. A_bot kindly fail platooned his 112 with my T-150. The T-150 has the KV-5 gun and carries tons of ammo, so plenty of room for APCR. Pilsen, BT8. I over achieved and killed 3 tier 8s. Some people like the 50 100 for this mission,  but I think it's quicker at tier 8 since you see more 8 HTs in general and the 6 to 8 power gap is smaller. Took 2 tries today and 4 total. 

11 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Yea,  I can already tell I'll be frustrated by this.  If WG changes it to 5k combined to TDs then suddenly it's both less chance-y and implies better MT gameplay.  Even 6k would be reasonable (dem tracking shots )

Mission completed! Reward: Vehicles added: Object 260 (crew 100% sent to Barracks) Slots added: 1

I finally done the MT15. It was as frustating as I expected. I am going to earse the memory of this day, I wanted to go to sleep 3 hrs ago. RIP me

Good luck with yours.

Right after completing HT-15 for 260, I managed to do LT-15: http://wotreplays.com/site/3221972#mountain_pass-swoopie-lekpz_m_41_90_mm_gf

Now just gotta grind TD-15 again but with honors and I got my shiny 260. Not even going to attempt MT-15 for now, I feel like TD-15 with honors is way easier than MT-15 without honors. And TD-15 doesn't require luck with MM so there's that

1 hour ago, Swoopie said:

Now just gotta grind TD-15 again but with honors and I got my shiny 260. Not even going to attempt MT-15 for now, I feel like TD-15 with honors is way easier than MT-15 without honors. And TD-15 doesn't require luck with MM so there's that

You are right TD-15 is much easier, and you just have to play well. I have done it 2 times without honor before I finally managed to finish it.

Just to give an idea: I played like 150 battles in tier 9/10 meds with the mindset of doing the MT-15. I guess there was like 30-40 battles where the mm made it at least possible to do the mission. I did it solo, but obviously it is much easier to do it in platoon.

I had a tactic, in the last 2 hrs of trying, before I actually finished the mission, and I think it helped. I sat in the garage pushed the battle button, and I checked the tanks in the queue, if the TD's haven't had the highest number, I pressed cancel. Then you just wait 10s and repeat.

Battle: Tundra Vehicles: T-62A Experience received: 2,782 Credits earned: 71,504 Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "II Class" Mission completed! Reward: Decorations added: "Camouflage" (x1), "Turret Decoration" (x1), "Pendant Decoration" (x4) Vehicles added: Object 260 (crew 100% sent to Barracks)

Took fucking long enough :D

3 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Fucking awesome.  VODs when? 

I'll get the first session uploaded soon. Btw... I may have forgotten to get a good crew in it the first battle in the excitement, and played with the 100% crew it came with :D

TD 2-4 inflict 5k damage and destroy 3 internal module : http://imgur.com/a/ext91

What am i missing ? Did 6.3k and destroy an ammorack, a driver and a loader. 

Edit : so apprently this is the mission in english : 

(4)deal at least 5000 damage and crit (destroy/kill) 3 enemy vehicle modules or crewmembers (dont end battle with destroyed modules or dead crewmembers)

In french it's say that the modules bust be internal. And after rereading in french and reading in english it's say's "destroy" and not "damage".

So if the mission is : " DO 5k, and destroy(and not damage) 3 internal module or injure crewmember" then i did not make it.

If the mission is like i read it in english it is :"DO 5k and destroy 3 modules or injure crewmember" then i should have made it since i destroyed tracks on two other tanks.

Please help me read ! 

It is the first case. Tracks do not count towards the goal.

Also, I think that if the opponent repairs the internal module, or uses medikit on crew, it also doesn't count. 

On 2/20/2017 at 11:48 AM, 3MAJ86 said:

It is the first case. Tracks do not count towards the goal.

Also, I think that if the opponent repairs the internal module, or uses medikit on crew, it also doesn't count. 

The second part is not correct.  If your mission is to damage a module just doing it counts regardless of whether it is repaired.  If it shows up in post game stats it counts.

if your mission is to finish the battle with no crew/module damage you can use first aid or repair kits since all that matters is the end state of your vehicle.