CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

On 12/27/2016 at 3:41 PM, igorCRO said:

Which heave tank is the best for "kill 2 heavies 2 tiers higher than your tank"?

Which heavy tank is the best for "kill 1 enemy vehicle 1 tier higher than your tank by ramming"?

KV2 platooned with pref8 heavy or a tier 9 heavy.  Platooned mine with a buddy running a ST1,  We got it done on the third map rotation which was himmelsdorf-encounter.  We took tank alley together.

1 hour ago, olddirtynapkin said:

KV2 platooned with pref8 heavy or a tier 9 heavy.  Platooned mine with a buddy running a ST1,  We got it done on the third map rotation which was himmelsdorf-encounter.  We took tank alley together.

Thanks... I'm still struggling to do these two ^^

So close so far away from Obj. 260.... although this award "heavy" is nothing compared to OP Maus and Type :cri:

On 1/15/2015 at 5:20 AM, CarbonWard said:

MT-4  (4)4 times detrack and damage enemy vehicles (destroy 3 detracked vehicles, win)

If I shoot a track and do damage in the same shot.. does that satisfy the primary requirement or does it require a double tap?

edit: according to the best tanks for each mission it's the later former:

"MT-4 - Highly recommend Object 140 or T-62A. Highly accurate high penetration kinetic round that can track and damage in one go, and has rapid follow up that can beat track repair if track/damage combo fails."

Never gave the mission much thought in the last but for the Obj 260 even the "easy" ones are getting situational!

On 3/6/2017 at 11:47 AM, Fenxis said:

If I shoot a track and do damage in the same shot.. does that satisfy the primary requirement or does it require a double tap?

edit: according to the best tanks for each mission it's the later:

"MT-4 - Highly recommend Object 140 or T-62A. Highly accurate high penetration kinetic round that can track and damage in one go, and has rapid follow up that can beat track repair if track/damage combo fails."

Never gave the mission much thought in the last but for the Obj 260 even the "easy" ones are getting situational!

You are reading that wrong.  It is saying the you can get the track+damage in one shot, and if you only track you can still probably get a damaging shot in before repairs.  Track and damage in one shot does count.

On 3/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, stagnate said:

You are reading that wrong.  It is saying the you can get the track+damage in one shot, and if you only track you can still probably get a damaging shot in before repairs.  Track and damage in one shot does count.

Oops ... that's exactly how I read it. -> sed s/later/former/g

Todays 2k dmg x 10 games mission was really good for completing MT15.4. The amount of tomatoes driving TD's trying to farm that 2k dmg was just unbelivable (6-8k TD damage available each game).

And so, I finally did this today:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3436342#steppes-swoopie-bat_-ch_tillon_25_t

That battle also gave me a new shiny 260!

Also, I just recently switched to 20/10 loadout (Cause fuck those superheavies) and I already switched back to full apcr cause I just cant make the HEAT work.

1 hour ago, Swoopie said:

Todays 2k dmg x 10 games mission was really good for completing MT15.4. The amount of tomatoes driving TD's trying to farm that 2k dmg was just unbelivable (6-8k TD damage available each game).

Also, I just recently switched to 20/10 loadout (Cause fuck those superheavies) and I already switched back to full apcr cause I just cant make the HEAT work.

Grats! It's a really fun tank.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:34 PM, Swoopie said:

Lucky you, I had to run and hide to survive :D I skipped the LT missions, had to do it with honors

On 4/3/2017 at 10:56 AM, Fenxis said:

"Protip": Wait for a ToG rental weekend and do arty missions :gachi:

This last tog weekend, I bought back my FV304, and within 4 or 5 matches I got SPG-15.2 with honors, netting my my T28 HTC. M44 would probably have worked as well. :sunbro: 

17 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

M44 would probably have worked as well.

Did SPG-2(4) [top 3 damage], SPG-5(4) [get a Gore's medal], SPG-12(4) [top damage & 4 kills] in about 8 battles firing M44 Heat through the front of TOGs (including one tier 6 battle where I got 3800 damage)!? Yup totally balanced mechanic.

I haven't looked yet at if the SPG missions will get easier in the next patch but figured might as well get some fun ones out of the way. Also right now I'm trying for all of the (do X to higher tiers ones) as these will get even harder with the new MM).

1 hour ago, Fenxis said:

Did SPG-2(4) [top 3 damage], SPG-5(4) [get a Gore's medal], SPG-12(4) [top damage & 4 kills] in about 8 battles firing M44 Heat through the front of TOGs (including one tier 6 battle where I got 3800 damage)!? Yup totally balanced mechanic.

I haven't looked yet at if the missions will get easier in the next patch but figured might as well get some fun ones out of the way. And right now I'm trying for all of the (do X to higher tiers ones) as these will get even harder with the new MM).

Yeah, the M44 is just disgustingly good. I would have used it to abuse togs, but my American SPG crew is currently chilling in the M40/M43. The x to higher tier missions do seem like they'll get harder, I hope they update them.

16 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

Yeah, the M44 is just disgustingly good. I would have used it to abuse togs, but my American SPG crew is currently chilling in the M40/M43. The x to higher tier missions do seem like they'll get harder, I hope they update them.

I think it is VERY unlikely they will update them, and damage missions are likely to become very difficult or maybe impossible (based on comments; I haven't played them).  I pushed through the 260 arty missions to beat the patch. 

I am hoping lt missions are not impacted acted as heavily.

2 hours ago, stagnate said:

I think it is VERY unlikely they will update them, and damage missions are likely to become very difficult or maybe impossible (based on comments; I haven't played them).  I pushed through the 260 arty missions to beat the patch. 

I am hoping lt missions are not impacted acted as heavily.

Very unlikely...

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/04/02/wot-new-spg-missions/

8 hours ago, sahtila said:

On the ones where you have to stun for XX seconds, I wonder if thats the original stun time or if it takes into account medkit usage (which would make it a damned hard mission, so probably not).

Some of the "allies must kill a vehicle stunned by you" are going to put a lot in the hands of the glue eaters, YMMV.

#removeartyfromgame

So nearly completed HT 15.3 in the T110E5, was pretty much racing for the last enemy tanks begging my team to let them kill me so I'd beat the 12K combined mark, of course they couldn't hold off killing the last E100 so didn't happen, but a thought occurred, does self inflicted damage count?

ie If I'm at 11K damage done/blocked, still have 1K HP's left, if I drive off a cliff accidentally do I get mission completion? What about team damage? 

23 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

So nearly completed HT 15.3 in the T110E5, was pretty much racing for the last enemy tanks begging my team to let them kill me so I'd beat the 12K combined mark, of course they couldn't hold off killing the last E100 so didn't happen, but a thought occurred, does self inflicted damage count?

ie If I'm at 11K damage done/blocked, still have 1K HP's left, if I drive off a cliff accidentally do I get mission completion? What about team damage? 

Team damage is a definite no, and self-inflicted is unlikely, but if you are that close no harm in trying.

1 hour ago, stagnate said:

Team damage is a definite no, and self-inflicted is unlikely, but if you are that close no harm in trying.

Thanks, LOL guess no one has been desperate enough to try it. 

Next time the right set of circumstances (almost at it, no chance of doing more damage or dying and I'm near a cliff) I'll have to try it out and report back.

So close to an Obj 260 I can taste it....but 9.18 has really made it more difficult I believe.  The new MM system will make LT-15.4 harder.  Now I need a tier 10 LT that gets a tier 10 only match on one of 3-5 maps to have a strong chance?  I mean I had an AMAZING game in my T49 today and did 6.6k combined but that was 5.2k damage and 9 kills.  TD-15.4?  Again everything has to fall right but I guess taht one hasn't had as big an impact.  MT-15.4  The new balancing of TDs AND the new MM are having an impact here but still doable.  I'm really struggling with the new SPG missions.  Currently on the one where I need to stun or track 6 that my team damages...seem to keep getting 4 or 5.  Stunning is no issue...someone damaging a tank that I've stunned is the issue.  Trying to be more cognizant of firing at targets that are engaged with my allies as opposed to TDs camping or even counter battery.

Any thoughts on which of the new tier 10 LTs would be best fot LT-15?

I just realized something about personal missions and the new 9.18 MM:

Isn't it so that from now on, the most +2 tier enemies you can get in a match are 3? The only 0/+1/+2 spread is 7/5/3 (respectively), isnt it?
So, doesnt that make it like super hard to chance upon two targets of a desired class, let alone be the one to kill them? Oh, and deliberate failplatooning has also been removed, afaik, so thats out too

Please let me know if Im missing something

Edit: got the notion from this related issue

Yes it really is a problem.  I didn't think they would adjust missions for arty, but they did that.  However they are ignoring the effect of meta changes.

max three arty so spotting three is difficult.  Can't platoon with arty so hard to improve chances.  Can't fail platoon so many missions requiring higher tier tanks are substantially more difficult.

some other missions have become easier but some became much more difficult.

I'm glad I got the "kill/spot x tanks of x tier higher" missions out of the way before the new MM, they seem pretty damn impossible.

MT15.4 and LT15.4 seem to have gotten a lot tougher as well tho. I got to 3750 dmg to TD's before the patch due to a target rich environment (bounced a RHM...), but now I hardly seem to get close to 6k total enemy TD hps ever.

Also, scouting with all the lights competing for spotting dmg combined with arty no longer balancing enemy tanks for 1-2k on open maps makes it tricky!