CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

On 12/8/2019 at 6:57 PM, isterija said:

Is it still possible to do personal missions in Grand Battles? I am absolutely sure it was possible in the past and I have completed at least a few of them this way, but today I got a Grand Battle in my E100, and after pressing the N key I got "No missions available for this vehicle".
Has anybody else noticed that? Is it some bug, or did WG decided to disable missions fro Grand Battles? I was unable to find any announcement regarding this.

I flicked GBs on for giggles and got one in a Maus of all things. Obviously it didn't go well. I did get up the mission parameters by pressing N so I figure it's still working.

4 hours ago, Kymrel said:

I flicked GBs on for giggles and got one in a Maus of all things. Obviously it didn't go well. I did get up the mission parameters by pressing N so I figure it's still working.

Thx for confirmation. So it was a very weird bug in my case, it seems.

2 hours ago, Kymrel said:

Perhaps some mod you are using?

Nope, vanilla client.
In fact I think that the very same day, a couple of battles before I spotted this issue, I had another Grand Battle and the missions were showing correctly, but I wasn't completely sure if my memory wasn't tricking, as I hadn't had a GB since and couldn't check this.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:30 AM, isterija said:

Thx for confirmation. So it was a very weird bug in my case, it seems.

Just to confirm without a doubt, I did the Alliance 15 mission for the Chimera just now in a Grand Battle.

So, and now I have the last Chimera mission remaining, Alliance 15: deal 6500 damage.
Any suggestions on the best tank and tactics for this mission? For me it seems unproportionally more difficult compared to others - I haven't ever managed to do 6,5k in my 30k battles so far (although I did manage 6k+ on a few occasions), while the other three final missions for Chimera did not require any extraordinary achievement.
I have E5, E4, Patton, T57 Heavy and S Conq available. I am inclined to focus on either Patton or T57 for this, although I completely suck at T57 so far. Does it make sense to focus on Polish tree and get 60TP instead?

That was what I thought, so at first I tried with the 60TP with no luck. I'm not that comfortable in heavies. I would focus on the Patton, T57 and S-Conq. And turn on the grand battles for sure, I did this mission in one.

Resurrecting this topic again... 

Any tank choice suggestion for the mission to do 5x your hit points worth of dmg (USA/UK/Poland) mission for Chimera? 

Maybe super hellcat? 3200dmg is the target? How likely it is to be done in grand battles with something like FV183, or E3 or 60TP? Generally i don't play GB, but for this one I would turn it on. 

Definitely a TD. Challenger is a great option (read OP)? I’ve heard the tier 9 Tortoise is really strong atm as well. But don’t know first hand.

Grand Battles would make it easy mode for sure. I would probably not say heavies because the gold spam can get real in a GB but TDs well positioned or meds would be a solid pick. Definitely spend the time learning the big maps beforehand if possible. A 183 with AP in the cities would probably work as long as you hide and reposition a lot.

Otherwise glass cannon TD would be the go to. some of the best were mentioned beforehand. s hellcat challenger etc.
might get lucky in a Comet or Cent if you get good maps to make your dpm work. 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:14 PM, 3MAJ86 said:

Resurrecting this topic again... 

Any tank choice suggestion for the mission to do 5x your hit points worth of dmg (USA/UK/Poland) mission for Chimera? 

Maybe super hellcat? 3200dmg is the target? How likely it is to be done in grand battles with something like FV183, or E3 or 60TP? Generally i don't play GB, but for this one I would turn it on. 

This is best done with a lower tier. Given the way HP scales higher tiers will have exorbitant dmg requirements — the above mentioned Tortoise would require 10k dmg, and for some tier 10 TDs if would be north of 10k. Best candidates by tier are

Super Hellcat— 3200 is easily doable

UDES or ISU-152 — a good Bush Kemp game can get you the requisite 5-5.1k dmg 

E-25 and SU-122-44 are doable but a bit harder— I think their requirements are closer to 3.5-3.6k — I did mine in the 122-44.

Thanks. And the mission is actually 4x the damage (my bad, sorry :( ), so it is not as hard as I thought. 

Someone suggested something a bit alternative, but might make the mission quite easy....: arty 

On 5/22/2020 at 4:01 AM, 3MAJ86 said:

Thanks. And the mission is actually 4x the damage (my bad, sorry :( ), so it is not as hard as I thought. 

Someone suggested something a bit alternative, but might make the mission quite easy....: arty 

Oh right... that's how I did it. Doh. I mixed it up with the 260's 4x mission. 

On 5/20/2020 at 7:06 AM, sr360 said:

This is best done with a lower tier. Given the way HP scales higher tiers will have exorbitant dmg requirements — the above mentioned Tortoise would require 10k dmg, and for some tier 10 TDs if would be north of 10k. Best candidates by tier are

Super Hellcat— 3200 is easily doable

UDES or ISU-152 — a good Bush Kemp game can get you the requisite 5-5.1k dmg 

E-25 and SU-122-44 are doable but a bit harder— I think their requirements are closer to 3.5-3.6k — I did mine in the 122-44.

I ended up doing this mission in the Charioteer. You were a victim one of those battles with the HESH memes on your Borrasque :D

There's over 100 pages in this topic, so forgive me if this has been asked; SPG 15.4 (stun an enemy HT or TD for 120s in total, potential stun duration is counted). Do I need to focus one poor sucker for the entire game (as the text suggests) or can I spread the love?

Edit: It can be multiple people, thank god. Would hate to have to focus someone like that.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, isterija said:

Is it still possible to do personal missions in Grand Battles? I am absolutely sure it was possible in the past and I have completed at least a few of them this way, but today I got a Grand Battle in my E100, and after pressing the N key I got "No missions available for this vehicle".
Has anybody else noticed that? Is it some bug, or did WG decided to disable missions fro Grand Battles? I was unable to find any announcement regarding this.

Hi, i have the same problem, all my missions is active, but in GRAND BATTLE it doesnt work - it shows ''no active missions, please select in hangar'' 

How to fix it? I tried everything, deleted all mods, reinstalling game, nothing helps....

Bump

So, since 1 march im busy doing 279 missions and progress goes nice, what i need to do:

• USSR:  9 done, 5 left(will skip 2 or 3)
    • Be top of team by kills (or so) will be ok
    • Top gun mission (2 top gun in 12 games, gonna be hard / time consuming)
    • Bounce mission (40 hits in 5 games, gonna be terrible)
    • Scout mission (skip)
    • Module dmg mission (skip)
  • Germany: 12 done, 2 left, will skip 2 (or 1, but...)
    • Scout mission, assist in 20 kills over 10 games, will be awefull SKIP
    • 4x High caliber in 20 games, planned on doing this, but will skip, its my ``back up mission`` though, since it should be easier as the scout crap..
  • France: 12 done, 2 left, will skip 1
    • 5 hero medals in 10 games, more annoying as i thought, but dont expect much problems here
    • 30 module`s, skip
  • US / UK: 10 done, 4 left, will skip 2
    • 2 confederates in 7 games, will be Fv3805 mission, should be doable (without 5 tries...)
    • Bounce 10k in 5 games, should be doable, just annoying...
    • 30 modules, skip
    • Scout mission, skip

I also need to unlock 2 tokens, 1 for germany, excalibur-15, get 3 times 2 medals in a single game, and 1 for chimea-15 US, 6500 dmg and 5 kills

So i now have 6 tokens, and will get 7 for sure (the excalibur mission is just a matter of time), with 7 tokens, i will need to finish 2 out of these 3, while with 8 i only need to finish 1 mission

1. USSR, bounce
  2. US / UK, bounce
  3. Germany, high caliber

So end of next week i should have everything finished, apart from the end missions, and perhaps 1 or 2 annoying missions, which means around 2 months to finish it, and thats without skipping whole lines....

Ps: mission 15, 3x 1e class in 20 games, should be the easiest mission of this entire set, so im not counting that one, with a ``proper`` tank, its just play 20 games and done, will do mine with VK-B for germany, T44 for ussr, pershing or m46 kr for US (i think) and with france, not sure, will try skoda t50 first, since its strong tank, which also helps, but dunno here, will start with france, since this is the hardest one here...

USSR bounce mission should be easy with obj 257. Module dmg mission is easy with Obj268, with HE. I wouldn't skip those. Top Gun mission is the only one (non-final) that I skipped.

Hero medals mission, confederate is quite an easy one to get. Track shots also count to "tag" the enemy. Taking any fast tank with pewpew gun will do this. 

Im sorta destroying my stats (and sanity in some way) buuuuut, I finished 3 more missions, US and USSR bounce and US confederate, so all arty done and all bounce done

I now focus a bit more on the french mission, 5x battle hero in 10 games, when i finish that one (i hope tomorrow or else friday), i will start skip last french mission and start working on the 15e mission. i got 2 medals now, and 9 games left, so will try it with skoda i think, with Liberte it didnt work at all.

Then i only need to do excalibur 15, for my 7e token, and

A: 2 1 ussr kill steal missions (did 1)

OR

B: US chimera 15 for token 8

Option B should be easier, but i had suchs shit games with Super Conq, im not sure i can stomach another session tier 10.... (the kill stealing is best done with IS3 i think, but ill see, perhaps 274, Obj 430 or Wz-1111-4 are better for this, havent rly tried to do this mission yet

*update*

I did the french battle heroes mission and complete the last 1 (in 6 games, so last mission seems to be the easiest (by far), but will see..

So all left is basically: Excaliber 15 with ger / jap, and either chimera 15 with US or 2x top gun with ussr, will focus on german i think, its more time consuming, but i need it anyway, and then i can also do german-15 (this is the nation with the biggets chance of 3 ace tankers in 20 games, so i can skip everything else in that case...)

Finishing it all before 1 may is gonna be tricky, unless i have some lucky games, but if i manag, it took me 2 months to do more or less all missions (i didnt skip a single tree)

On 4/21/2021 at 9:49 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Im sorta destroying my stats (and sanity in some way) buuuuut, I finished 3 more missions, US and USSR bounce and US confederate, so all arty done and all bounce done

I now focus a bit more on the french mission, 5x battle hero in 10 games, when i finish that one (i hope tomorrow or else friday), i will start skip last french mission and start working on the 15e mission. i got 2 medals now, and 9 games left, so will try it with skoda i think, with Liberte it didnt work at all.

Then i only need to do excalibur 15, for my 7e token, and

A: 2 1 ussr kill steal missions (did 1)

OR

B: US chimera 15 for token 8

Option B should be easier, but i had suchs shit games with Super Conq, im not sure i can stomach another session tier 10.... (the kill stealing is best done with IS3 i think, but ill see, perhaps 274, Obj 430 or Wz-1111-4 are better for this, havent rly tried to do this mission yet

*update*

I did the french battle heroes mission and complete the last 1 (in 6 games, so last mission seems to be the easiest (by far), but will see..

So all left is basically: Excaliber 15 with ger / jap, and either chimera 15 with US or 2x top gun with ussr, will focus on german i think, its more time consuming, but i need it anyway, and then i can also do german-15 (this is the nation with the biggets chance of 3 ace tankers in 20 games, so i can skip everything else in that case...)

Finishing it all before 1 may is gonna be tricky, unless i have some lucky games, but if i manag, it took me 2 months to do more or less all missions (i didnt skip a single tree)

I'm not far behind and started slightly later (15 March I think) - it's interesting to see different tactics used. Some of the missions you mentioned  in your first post i've done just playing normally (Coalition battle heroes x5 - Progetto + EBR 75 makes it easy, Alliance 2 Confederates - CS-52 Lis, with honours, Bloc x4 High Caliber, Wt Auf Pz IV, with honours in 13 games), but a lot of the ones you've done first I've not even tried (all blocking + scouting basically). Different playstyles I guess.

So far I've done all of them in tier 8 tanks + Wt Auf Pz IV + arty (261 and tier 9 FV) - no tier 10 yet. I have done most of the "normal" missions (damage + kills), so now I need to probably play tier 10 to do the bounce / scouting missions.

I'll be skipping 2 lines though I think, as per @sr360's recommendation. I have all 8 tokens so that still allows for 2 skips in the lines I complete. I've still not decided which 2 to skip - i'm probably wasting time playing lines I'll eventually skip, but some missions can be done just playing normally and you get a shit tonne of credits + free xp + bonds + premium days, so why not.

6 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I'm not far behind and started slightly later (15 March I think) - it's interesting to see different tactics used. Some of the missions you mentioned  in your first post i've done just playing normally (Coalition battle heroes x5 - Progetto + EBR 75 makes it easy, Alliance 2 Confederates - CS-52 Lis, with honours, Bloc x4 High Caliber, Wt Auf Pz IV, with honours in 13 games), but a lot of the ones you've done first I've not even tried (all blocking + scouting basically). Different playstyles I guess.

So far I've done all of them in tier 8 tanks + Wt Auf Pz IV + arty (261 and tier 9 FV) - no tier 10 yet. I have done most of the "normal" missions (damage + kills), so now I need to probably play tier 10 to do the bounce / scouting missions.

I'll be skipping 2 lines though I think, as per @sr360's recommendation. I have all 8 tokens so that still allows for 2 skips in the lines I complete. I've still not decided which 2 to skip - i'm probably wasting time playing lines I'll eventually skip, but some missions can be done just playing normally and you get a shit tonne of credits + free xp + bonds + premium days, so why not.

My main problem is i only have 6 tokens, and used 1, so 5 left, while i need 7, so all i now need are 2 tokens. Then i have 7, and can just skip everything thats left (2 us, 2 german and 3 ussr missions) and just finish mission 15 (for all 3) and im done

However the 6.5k dmg + 5kills + survive is gonna be very annoying, so might do ussr top gun mission instead, playing some games with IS3 is gonna be far less annoying as tier 10 with 3 arty all the time... Whats sorta screwing me now is i dont have enough tokens, i alrdy spend a ton of time getting my scout token back...

For order, i decided to first do some easy ones, then a bunch of shitty missions, so i can finish with the easier ones. Beiing stuck on that patrol duty mission is gonna be annoying as f*** So i did that quite early on, same i started all lines, because i wasnt sure which missions would the worst. I expected US, but ruskie also have a lot of annoying missions...

For tanks, i used more tier 9 this time, ebr-90 and skoda for french, Fv38 for arty, pta and wtf-4 for german, some t95, Super Conq, only russian is a mix, IS4, 112, IS3-2,Wz-111-4

ps: or i might just try high caliber with Wtf-p4, means 1 less skip, so 1 less token needed...

TL:DR only 1 hard mission left, then its a matter of just grinding, hence i will tr

Meanwhile, I am closing in on the Excalibur... lol. Only Bloc 15 left in terms of getting the tank, and trying to clean up a few "For Honors" too. Bloc 14 I managed to finish in one night once I finally got the VK 100.01 P. I can't really imagine doing some of those higher level missions though...