CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

I'm going back and questioning, now. I had heard from multiple people that they had not achieved it for the StuG IV until they themselves got three instead of the platoon. The hotfix with updated descriptions has been put in and it still maintains that it is the platoon as a whole. Unfortunately, for the StuG IV iteration I got three kills so I can neither confirm nor deny.

I may have a chance to test the HTC version which requires five kills tonight.

Not sure if this mission is bugged or not, but I can confirm that I completed this mission last night with only a single personal kill. One of my platoon mates killed two, the other none, all three of us were given mission complete credit.

There's a good chance a tomato player will get the Obj 260 before any purple does.  I've seen replays of tomatoes at tier 10 with 12 kills, 12k dmg, 12k blocked, etc.

Today I was watching some RU player video in which he described his opinion about these missions, saying they are biased towards random pubs and noobs(crayfishes, as they call them), because they are based more on luck and random rather than skill. They can get tank just like better players because nothing much is required from them. But if there was mission like "Manage to hold [insert number] average damage in [tank] for [number] battles", it would be too hard because pubs would need to learn how to play.

Can someone explain why I can't complete stug SPG-5 with the following...

NR7IsDx.png

track dont count if thats the module destroyed mission

track dont count if thats the module destroyed mission

No its the one where you are supposed to destroy tracks, have done it twice now but no completion.

Update: Ok searched around and it seems the wording of the mission is 'too stronk' in the game, so I have to track it and it has to be killed while tracked for the mission to complete...

SPG-5: Destroy a track of an enemy vehicle. This vehicle has to be destroyed by another player while being detracked by your shot. If the enemy manages to repair the track and gets killed afterwards, he is not going to be counted towards the mission progress.

Any ideas for T28HTC arty mission SPG-11?

"Cause damage to 3 enemy vehicles with a single shot."

This seems to retarded hard. Tried conquerorCG for like 40 games, over all those matches saw totally maybe couple chances to achieve it. Just couple seconds long time windows where perfectly aimed lucky shots could have maybe splashed 3 tanks.  And to hit during those short time windows arty would need to sit waiting and not even try to shoot single targets...

Any ideas which arty would be best and also which tier to try this? CG felt first as best choice but no success with it, could some low tier arty be better if low tier tankers mass up more? Despite shorter splash range?

At least in EU there is problem that in high tiers there is relatively fewer heavies in matches, every match has 3 scouts, 4 arties, meds and tds spreading all aroudn map. So clusters of heavies happen rarely. Also tier 10 heavies take physically more space so that works against mission too, though also tier 10 arties have best splash ranges.

Oh and btw, VK4502B is best tank for damage tanked/dealt missions. Better than IS7, IS4 or E100.

This seems to retarded hard. Tried conquerorCG for like 40 games, over all those matches saw totally maybe couple chances to achieve it. Just couple seconds long time windows where perfectly aimed lucky shots could have maybe splashed 3 tanks. And to hit during those short time windows arty would need to sit waiting and not even try to shoot single targets...

Any ideas which arty would be best and also which tier to try this? CG felt first as best choice but no success with it, could some low tier arty be better if low tier tankers mass up more? Despite shorter splash range?

At least in EU there is problem that in high tiers there is relatively fewer heavies in matches, every match has 3 scouts, 4 arties, meds and tds spreading all aroudn map. So clusters of heavies happen rarely. Also tier 10 heavies take physically more space so that works against mission too, though also tier 10 arties have best splash ranges.

Oh and btw, VK4502B is best tank for damage tanked/dealt missions. Better than IS7, IS4 or E100.

I got mine when I went down a few tiers to GW Panther on highway when 2 Tier7(Tigers) left enough of a gap between them that the AMX(forgot it's name but the T7 heavy) pushed it's barrel between them them. Mind you this took me a week to complete....

SPG platoon mission requiring you to do 40% of the damage your team deals. Bring a platoon consisting of a T92, CGC, and M53/55. Triple-tap everything, feel like war criminals.

Tier 5 Medium tanks such as the Type T-34 or the T-34 work very well for the Stug missions. Theres a LOT of low tier TDs, and RU heavies dominate tier 6 which means theres a lot of them out there to shoot. They're also VERY flammable! Im going to see how the T-34 works for the T-28 concept. Thus far, it works out well enough.

This seems to retarded hard. Tried conquerorCG for like 40 games, over all those matches saw totally maybe couple chances to achieve it. Just couple seconds long time windows where perfectly aimed lucky shots could have maybe splashed 3 tanks.  And to hit during those short time windows arty would need to sit waiting and not even try to shoot single targets...

Go with either the T92, CGC, or M53/55 (in that order IIRC -- you want the biggest splash radius possible) and fire gold HE. You need the extra splash. Note that you don't actually have to do damage (I completed the StuG version by damaging tracks but doing no hitpoint damage to two tanks), just break tracks etc.

For the "kill a higher tier heavy" mission I just ran tier 9 autoloaders (T54E1, Lorraine 40t) until I got a chance to clip one. Easy peasy.

For Light Tanks mission 10 where you need to be in a light tank platoon and you need to cause 2,000 spotting damage- Assuming you have another player in a light tank, can a third player be a non-light tank?

EDIT- Ok so I had died in my light tank mission trying to complete the above so I came here to ask. Apparently, I completed the mission when I went back into the client. Also apparently, it seems like the light tank platoon needs to do 2,000 damage total, and not just you. I only did 1,200 and my buddy did a little over 800, and it completed the mission.

Was having a hell of a time completing the M14 mission kill heavy tank 1 tier higher.  Mostly because there have been so few heavy tanks in game lately and they usually die before I can get to them.  Finally completed it in the Type 59 and then did the M15 mission right after it killing 2 TD's.  This game sometimes...

Today I was watching some RU player video in which he described his opinion about these missions, saying they are biased towards random pubs and noobs(crayfishes, as they call them), because they are based more on luck and random rather than skill. They can get tank just like better players because nothing much is required from them. But if there was mission like "Manage to hold [insert number] average damage in [tank] for [number] battles", it would be too hard because pubs would need to learn how to play.

Will see if I can find the replay, but saw a yellow with an Obj 260 yesterday. Had to look twice, but yep it was definately a 260. Will post screenshot of replay when I get home.

I could use some tips on LT-15, with earning 4,000 spotting damage (which also include track damage?).

I'm awful at light tanks and never play them for that reason but these missions made me purchase an M37. After struggling with the 1,500 spotting damage and 2,000 spotting damage missions, I have no idea how I'm going to get 4,000 spotting/track damage for LT-15. I think it'll eventually happen but there's going to be a lot more pain first.

I ended up buying an M41 Bulldog since trying to get that much in an M37 is not really feasible as it usually only sees Tier 7s or 8s and sometimes 9s. I figured my best chance at that mission would be with a light tank that sees 10s.

I think one thing that I need to focus on is staying alive as long as possible. Most battles have 3 or 4 light tanks in them so they tend to take up a lot of spotting damage. I'm figuring if I am less aggressive, I'll outlive allied light tanks and earn up all of the spotting damage late in the game when there are a few tanks left.

I could use some tips on LT-15, with earning 4,000 spotting damage (which also include track damage?).

I'm awful at light tanks and never play them for that reason but these missions made me purchase an M37. After struggling with the 1,500 spotting damage and 2,000 spotting damage missions, I have no idea how I'm going to get 4,000 spotting/track damage for LT-15. I think it'll eventually happen but there's going to be a lot more pain first.

I ended up buying an M41 Bulldog since trying to get that much in an M37 is not really feasible as it usually only sees Tier 7s or 8s and sometimes 9s. I figured my best chance at that mission would be with a light tank that sees 10s.

I think one thing that I need to focus on is staying alive as long as possible. Most battles have 3 or 4 light tanks in them so they tend to take up a lot of spotting damage. I'm figuring if I am less aggressive, I'll outlive allied light tanks and earn up all of the spotting damage late in the game when there are a few tanks left.

1) Play the highest tier you have. Higher tier, more HP for the taking. If you get in tier 10 and spot a Maus to death, just one tank, that's 75% of the way.

2) Platoon with arty. I got mine with a WZ-132 carrying along a CGC and T92.

3) Keep going until you get a map where it's actually likely. This is the most frustrating part, playing the map lotto and seeing map after map where you have no realistic chance. Just push through Stalingrad, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, etc, until you get Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Prokhorovka on Fire or Swamp. May be some others, but those are the best I can think of. The shitty part of this is that it's just push battle button...push battle button...push battle button...Getting 4k isn't actually a that hard if you are set up to succeed by the matchmaker.

I hate that Wargaming's map design has cause this sort of crap, and how the developers are apparently fine with it.

1) Play the highest tier you have. Higher tier, more HP for the taking. If you get in tier 10 and spot a Maus to death, just one tank, that's 75% of the way.

2) Platoon with arty. I got mine with a WZ-132 carrying along a CGC and T92.

3) Keep going until you get a map where it's actually likely. This is the most frustrating part, playing the map lotto and seeing map after map where you have no realistic chance. Just push through Stalingrad, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, etc, until you get Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Prokhorovka on Fire or Swamp. May be some others, but those are the best I can think of. The shitty part of this is that it's just push battle button...push battle button...push battle button...Getting 4k isn't actually a that hard if you are set up to succeed by the matchmaker.

I hate that Wargaming's map design has cause this sort of crap, and how the developers are apparently fine with it.

Thanks, that confirms what I've been noticing too, in that it's really map dependent.

Sigh. I'm actively trying to get my fourth female crew member for my WZ-120 in the Sug IV missions. After that, I'm planning on activating these missions but not chasing them like I did for the Stug IV. They're too frustrating. I'll just complete them in the course of my normal play, irregardless of how long it takes. I don't care, not with 21 Tier 10s and 13 Tier 9s to keep me happy.

Also I have a suggestion for all of us. Let's make a channel in-game to match people up in platoons for these missions. I had a hard time trying to find someone green or above willing to play Tier 7 arty with my Tier 6 light. If we have an in-game channel just dedicated to the missions, people could platoon up easier. A channel like "WOTLabs Missions" or something. Not sure if it's been brought up yet.

Main – Cause at least 1,000 HP of damage by ramming.

Wut? When was the last time you rammed for 1k in a medium. I realize this means you will need 2-3 rams. It will take a good string of E-50/M games to get this. That is of course provided you get past MT9v4 which can take you anywhere from 1 game to easily 2-3 months worth of games. 

I rammed 2 consecutive full health IS-3s on Northwest while traveling downhill at full speed in my E-50 last night.  I had over 2k ramming damage.  Yes, it was a very rare occurrence and I'll likely not be able to replicate the results while attempting MT11v4..

Behold, the one and only time where I ram-killed three tanks in one battle. This was over two years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-dfOAa0OI

And I'm still waiting for them to implement this mission: "Bounce a round off one tank and have it damage another tank"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3uv_IQJMco

I got my 4k spotting for LT-15 in a M41 bulldog on Live Oaks northeast spawn.  Went small town in mid, lit stuff crossing.  As we cleared north town I pushed down into the bowl and lit the TDs on the sniping hill.  Piece of cake.

I got my 4k spotting for LT-15 in a M41 bulldog on Live Oaks northeast spawn.  Went small town in mid, lit stuff crossing.  As we cleared north town I pushed down into the bowl and lit the TDs on the sniping hill.  Piece of cake.

Finally got done with that mission last night, and funnily enough on Live Oaks using your plan. Earned myself 4,800 spotting damage by mostly staying in little town.

Got my 4th crew member so my WZ-120 has a crew of 4 now, and I got my Stug IV too. Definitely going passive on the next set of missions, too time consuming.

I wonder what tanks will be best for the more extreme 55A/260-missions, since it's tier 6+ but you often have to do stuff to tanks that are of a higher tier. (Plus lower tiers tend to more often be filled with tomatoes and thus increase carry potential)

I have both SU-122-44 and E-25 so I feel set for TDs, but heavies and mediums are another matter.

Heavy-contestants: T29, Tiger H, T-150, M6, maybe ST-I/E-75.

Medium-options: T-34-85, Cromwell, T20/Pershing, Obj 416. Currently grinding towards the Firefly because people say it's legit.

Opinions?