CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

yea dont have the vk or I would have gone there, should have stated that my bad.  I'll try assult in the E100

Here are my "15's" for the T28 (solo)

HT15

https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=106756 - got lucky in this one that 1) I had a decent team, 2) enemy IS7 and E100 weren't good shots

TD15

https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=106757 - Enemy team learn all about OP autoloaders.

MT15

https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=106947 - took the longest time to get this one, always 1 or 2 TD's on the enemy team

LT15

https://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=106759 - the planets align as 1) I'm the only Scout, 2) its Prokorovka and 3) the team shot what I lit (RIP WN8)

as much as it pained me to do so turning assault back on can help with some of the capping and scout missions.

I'll second the recommendation for assault for HT-12.  Almost all the assault maps have good positions for blocking - in particular quite a few spots with long sight lanes to where multiple enemy tanks typically camp - this means you can take a lot of fire but it is not particularly accurate.

Here's the spots I like on those maps:

H3Uzs1E.jpg

3EkQEqk.jpg

CHYGdWG.jpg

qTgyuPs.jpg

good info, thanks cause I'd have no clue on where to best position for this type of play on a assault.

Thanks for the idea about turning on Assault for some of these missions.

I'm using the SU-14-2 for the T28 missions. Stuck on SPG5.2 the blow off tracks and they must die mission. Any tips on this? Having a hard time either A) tracking consistently or B) getting Pubbies to take advantage of it when I do.

Also working on MT15. I'm currently derping in the M4 and praying MM gives me a squad of T3/4 TDs to splode. This this is a good approach?

Thanks for the idea about turning on Assault for some of these missions.

I'm using the SU-14-2 for the T28 missions. Stuck on SPG5.2 the blow off tracks and they must die mission. Any tips on this? Having a hard time either A) tracking consistently or B) getting Pubbies to take advantage of it when I do.

Platoon with 2 other cancers and have them focus on the targets you track. 

If you can't get a higher tier TD, platoon with a 9 or 10.  Makes sure there is a lot more hit points available.

thats a good idea

Rhomba should be able to do that without too much problems.

I got lucky yesterday and even managed to accomplish it with the Emil:

prokhorovka-germany-sturer_emil-42806235

im sure it can do it i just keep falling short, ive tried both guns now and hit 3800 most games i just cant seem to get over that, guess ill just keep trying

Completed two of the worst missions in one night. There's a couple more troublesome ones but I'm largely in the clear now.

rJEHnhQ.jpg

F6Uu0gq.jpg

HT-15 is open. Maus time.

Grats for having vainquished RNG and nailing that incinerator mission.

I managed it on the very last shot possible in the match, and what's more I wasn't even trying for it, wasn't in a tier 6 w/pref. 8 platoon for maximum targets. ~100 matches between selecting the mission and getting it, instead of the 200+ the last time I had to light two fires.

Shit is awful.

karelia-great_britain-comet-315244729375

Only on the 2nd set of missions, but these are shoe on head retarded. Kill a light tank in the first 2 minutes on the move in a medium tank.

Really?

Only on the 2nd set of missions, but these are shoe on head retarded. Kill a light tank in the first 2 minutes on the move in a medium tank.

Really?

Stupid, yes. But also relatively easy. M4 Derp top tier = dunzo.

Stupid, yes. But also relatively easy. M4 Derp top tier = dunzo.

you want to take M4 derp shots on the move?

My easy-mode medium tank has been T-34.  

you want to take M4 derp shots on the move?

My easy-mode medium tank has been T-34.  

Exactly what I was considering buying back. Having struggled through the Stug missions it makes me realize I need to expand my garage to complete the rest. I need my last E-50 hot German chick damnit.

Having the willingness and means to (re)purchase tanks will go a long way towards helping in these missions. I've (re)acquired...

• VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B
  • T-150
  • KV-2
  • Comet
  • A-43
  • Hellcat
  • FV215b 183
  • Lorraine 155 51

That's on top of the 60-70 I already had. That's ~16 million (got the 183 with the on track discount) for the chassis alone, then add on modules, crew, equipment, etc. Even then, though, I've made a profit thanks to the large rewards, and that's not counting the consumables, modules, garage slots, premium time, and free XP some of the missions give you.

I'm recording which vehicle I used to accomplish which mission for the Object 260 branch. When (if) I finish I intend to do a detailed write-up. Some missions are not terribly strict on the vehicle required, others seem to scream for one in particular. HT-4 (six internal modules damaged) is a KV-2 mission all the way. HT-12 (3x HP blocked by armor and 3k damage dealt) is the VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B. So on and so forth.

Expansion would def help the mission grind. I may pick a lot of older tanks back up for IMs after I finish my PTA grind.

Really?

I got that one in Cent 7/1. Going backwards down the hill, I rammed Bulldog that was trying to circle me. I didn't even see him... IMs are all about skill, right :)

My point is - you can't force these RNG based missions. It's stupid to force yourself to play T-34 only to kill one stupid light tank. Just keep grinding you PTA, and you'll get lucky eventually.

My point is - you can't force these RNG based missions. It's stupid to force yourself to play T-34 only to kill one stupid light tank. Just keep grinding you PTA, and you'll get lucky eventually.

But you can do quite a lot to improve your chances, and the PTA is about the worst possible course of action.

I got that one in Cent 7/1. Going backwards down the hill, I rammed Bulldog that was trying to circle me. I didn't even see him... IMs are all about skill, right :)

Just keep grinding you PTA

Just keep grinding

grinding

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHAH

Free xp, the PTA is shit

Having the willingness and means to (re)purchase tanks will go a long way towards helping in these missions. I've (re)acquired...

• VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B
  • T-150
  • KV-2
  • Comet
  • A-43
  • Hellcat
  • FV215b 183
  • Lorraine 155 51

That's on top of the 60-70 I already had. That's ~16 million (got the 183 with the on track discount) for the chassis alone, then add on modules, crew, equipment, etc. Even then, though, I've made a profit thanks to the large rewards, and that's not counting the consumables, modules, garage slots, premium time, and free XP some of the missions give you.

I'm recording which vehicle I used to accomplish which mission for the Object 260 branch. When (if) I finish I intend to do a detailed write-up. Some missions are not terribly strict on the vehicle required, others seem to scream for one in particular. HT-4 (six internal modules damaged) is a KV-2 mission all the way. HT-12 (3x HP blocked by armor and 3k damage dealt) is the VK 4502 (P) Ausf. B. So on and so forth.

What did you use T-150 for?

Really?

Sounds like an easy task most of the time in a stronk Soviet UFO on Mines. Rush hill, shoot and ram a light, shoot him again, profit...

What did you use T-150 for?

Six kills of three different classes (300 damage a shot allows quite a few kill steals at tier 6) and killing two heavies two tiers above me.