CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

But yeah, you can go back and redo any of the previous missions even after the tanks are unlocked. I was still working on LT-15 for the T28 HTC even after I had the tank and was halfway through the T-55A missions. :P

That said, when I hit the Obj260 missions I'll cherry pick the lucrative/predictable ones, then pick the weirdest most random ones (Incinerator FTW) and just leave them active until I complete them by accident. I'll also go back and do honors for any particularly good mission rewards I missed (mostly garage slots/premium days, if I miss any -- I haven't so far).

Had a good day of LT missions today; got Ghost, the mission for spotting 6 before you're spotted, and getting spotting damage on 6 tanks. RIP my WN8, but I only need like 3-4 more for the LT missions.

Ghost was an interesting one. I rolled Sand River Assault -- but as defense. Went to the SE ridge and found a nice bush to counter spot the mid ridge and the right side, ended up with 3300 spotting -- but it would have been 6k easy if my team had shot half the things I lit.

Spot 6 first I ran a few times, eventually got Erlenberg south spawn and went to that bush way up on the west side of the eastern ridge, spotted 8 tanks heading east from their spawn. Ding, done.

Get spotting damage on 6 I got lucky and rolled Prok Standard right off (albeit without any arty), went E1 bush and just farmed spots all game.

Well, played about 20 games tonight trying to get the Ghost mission.  Since it can really only be done on Prok/Mali with a very slight chance on Erlenberg/Lakeville, I just effectively suicide rushed on any other maps.  Got Prok/Mali/Lakeville zero times, Stalingrad and Serene Coast 4 times each.

I never really got many lights, but what would be a good option for doing the LT missions?

Wait for 9.8 when they rework them? I've given up actively trying for the spotting mission until then because with my damage added in I'll get it within a few matches.

I never really got many lights, but what would be a good option for doing the LT missions?

people seem to like the RU a lot for them, but the line is full of strange low-camo tanks, so it might be tough to get missions while you are grinding for the RU.

Crusader is pretty silly for many of the stug missions because its MM is great.

But for all the hard ones, I did french lights (12t to 1390).  They have good camo/view range, good accuracy, can snipe, can spot, can mop up kills...

I did LT-15 with the 1390.  

Anything that requires large absolute numbers (6k spotting or whatnot) - tier 8s.

Anything that requires certain silly actions (capping, spotting X without being spotted, etc) - Tier 5 or 6. T37 for killing and Type 64 for spotting or capping. The experience levels of the opponents you face and the disparity in view ranges between your vehicle and what they're driving is so beneficial to getting these things done.

I did HT-12 in the FV215b. Come at me TD shitters!

On purpose or did it just happen?

The second time that I completed HT-15.1 (for honors), it was unintentional.  I didn't realize I had it selected.  

HT-7: I don't remember what I used for the T 55A version (I used the IS6 for the Stug/T28) but the 50B worked for the 260 variant. Also be sure to have some platoon-mates to ensure a rapid capture, otherwise you are at the mercy of the pubbies to help and might be left out to dry.

Got this done yesterday! I used my AMX 50B and went solo pubbing. I figured the speed would help me get to the cap circle and the burst damage would meet the 3,000 damage requirement. Ended up doing 4.5k damage.

It's funny because it happened on Fisherman's Bay, a map where it's hard to cap since both cap circles are sitting in the open.

It was around 6 of us vs. their last 2 tanks. I asked if the pubbies would help me cap for the mission instead of killing their last medium and arty. They happily agreed! The enemy medium reset us a couple of times so they decided to kill him and let their arty live so we could cap.

Our arty was a dick though. He kept trying to counter-battery in the last seconds of capping it out.

It was around 6 of us vs. their last 2 tanks. I asked if the pubbies would help me cap for the mission instead of killing their last medium and arty. They happily agreed! The enemy medium reset us a couple of times so they decided to kill him and let their arty live so we could cap.

Cool!

I've seen that sort of thing a few times, and answered the call a few times.

The capping missions were so annoying (before I realized that platooning helps) that I am pretty sympathetic to those that need help.  

Went home at lunch to try and get the Ghost mission done.  At one point I played 13 90, then T-25 (crew training), then 13 90.  My map rotation for those 3 games, in order, was Sacred Valley, Malinovka, Sacred Valley.  I was pretty pissed.

Finally landed Sand River attacking side with my Type 62.  I parked in a couple of the bushes on the middle ridge for most of the game.  Stars aligned and I just barely made the 3k spotting-while-unspotted requirement to complete Ghost.

Last night I also finished the TD mission for "Do 3k damage while unspotted" on Karelia.  What was interesting is that you can fire from camo and even if that gets you lit, the damage seems to register before being "spotted".  I used the bush next to the rock in J8 that lets you poke out and take shots at the northern heavies - you don't get lit until you fire so it worked out for me.

I'm down to 2-3 missions for each class on the T-55A.  About 4 platoon ones which shouldn't be too bad, but a few RNG ones left (kill 3 arty, kill 2 mediums +1 tier, etc).

Last night I also finished the TD mission for "Do 3k damage while unspotted" on Karelia.  What was interesting is that you can fire from camo and even if that gets you lit, the damage seems to register before being "spotted". 

WHAAAAAAAAAAA?!

How interesting.  

Edit: For some reason it won't let me delete this quote.

NJ getting it in the 215B.

Got this done yesterday! I used my AMX 50B and went solo pubbing. I figured the speed would help me get to the cap circle and the burst damage would meet the 3,000 damage requirement. Ended up doing 4.5k damage.

It's funny because it happened on Fisherman's Bay, a map where it's hard to cap since both cap circles are sitting in the open.

Our arty was a dick though. He kept trying to counter-battery in the last seconds of capping it out.

I got mine solo pubbing as well in the 50B (Had to have 4k damage and at least 50 cap points).

Did it on Live Oaks, score was 12 to 4 when I finally got on cap. Even though I asked no one wanted to help cap so for 100 seconds I just sat on the cap while my team mopped up two of their remaining tanks but failed to kill a Maus (thank you Jesus) in over a minute and a half. The minimap was hilarious to look at, about 10 tanks surrounding one but the Maus managed to hold on till I finished capping. I actually PM'd him afterwards thanking him for living.

I had a similar experience, except our team actually killed the last enemy after cap, negating the cap. SO frustrating.

Edit: ugh, I fail at quoting.

Last night I also finished the TD mission for "Do 3k damage while unspotted" on Karelia.  What was interesting is that you can fire from camo and even if that gets you lit, the damage seems to register before being "spotted".

Hm, that's not my experience at all. Weird.

I got 3k damage while unspotted, as I was brawling on Ensk (1-3 lines) in my E4. Can't explain that one til this day.

Hm, that's not my experience at all. Weird.

Does Could range have something to do with it? Like, the combination between shell travel and longer spot check interval taking it over some hidden value for remaining unspotted?

On purpose or did it just happen?

The second time that I completed HT-15.1 (for honors), it was unintentional. I didn't realize I had it selected.

It just happened. However each time I've done this mission 3x now, it has just happened.

I completed the HT12.2 by driving an IS-7 up the hill on Tundra and sitting in the gap in the rocks once we cleared the hill. Red team stayed to fight from down the hill on their side, and they had a couple of TDs in the back that obliged by shooting while I looked for targets to ding. Oddly enough, I didn't even think of the fact that I had the mission enabled. It was just providing enough shots from safety that it was worth doing. Not having arty in that game made it possible, I think the only damage I took was getting my gun broken twice. No one loaded HE. Bounced 6100 damage altogether, though some came from regular engagements.

Does Could range have something to do with it? Like, the combination between shell travel and longer spot check interval taking it over some hidden value for remaining unspotted?

I got one of the missions by brawling with the 263 in Pearl River valley. At no point was I unspotted or even more than 100 meters from the enemy. There's something very strange about both TD unspotted missions, but I have no idea what. It isn't as simple as being able to completely disregard the "while unspotted" clause because there were times when I failed and the only rationale I could discover was that I was spotted, but at the same time there are the times I succeeded. It's dumb and if I think about it too much it will drive me crazy.

I got one of the missions by brawling with the 263 in Pearl River valley. At no point was I unspotted or even more than 100 meters from the enemy. There's something very strange about both TD unspotted missions, but I have no idea what. It isn't as simple as being able to completely disregard the "while unspotted" clause because there were times when I failed and the only rationale I could discover was that I was spotted, but at the same time there are the times I succeeded. It's dumb and if I think about it too much it will drive me crazy.

Maybe unspotted by any tank other than the target? I got my 'unspotted kill' mission in ruinberg with an e3, but shooting down the F line with just an IS3 in range.

What's the best medium to kill 2 enemy heavies one tier higher with? Matilda was Ez mode for the stug, but the T28 has me stuck, just getting 2 viable targets to go the same direction is the hardest part it seems.

What's the best medium to kill 2 enemy heavies one tier higher with? Matilda was Ez mode for the stug, but the T28 has me stuck, just getting 2 viable targets to go the same direction is the hardest part it seems.

I've been choosing the Cromwell for missions that don't involve huge damage numbers. The mobility helps with grabbing those specific kills. Although, I've probably gotten most missions done in the M46 since I like playing it so much.

Maybe unspotted by any tank other than the target? I got my 'unspotted kill' mission in ruinberg with an e3, but shooting down the F line with just an IS3 in range.

So, as long as the tank you are shooting is out of view range it counts?

Maybe the safest bet would be to platoon with 2 heavies to ensure maximum count of enemy HT´s (platoon mates also often go to the same area on the map), no matter the tank. Then it would be the fast ROF or high alpha, whichever you prefer. I used my T-34-1 cause it eats away HP with it´s 100mm just fine. And I haven´t got better med yet. If you got A-44, it could work just fine cause of that crazy alpha too.