CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

Just finished the last arty mission, only SPG-15-3 left, top exp of team is going to be shit, i can do it with Fv 304 (2x top exp in 20 games or so) but no way i can make 3k dmg with that.

GW Panther it shit, and 212 is too high of a tier... (i guess fail platooning with GW panther and shooting HEAT???)

Tier 8 lorraine or m40/43 are best I thing. Relative low tiers so get more exp, but still considerable more powerful pure stat wise/performance than gwpanther and other tier 7's.

Did spg 15.4 with lorraine, was even top tier so its not needed to fail platoon. Just excellent game with lot of damage and hope no-one in your own team carries too hard.

Also trying to spot own damage etc other extra shit is not needed

http://wotreplays.com/site/1938223#teams

Cant say how other tier 8 arties would work as have not owned them for years but tier 8 is probably sweet spot.

"MT-15
Again used the cromwell, but I can almost guarantee you the MM is fixed when you enable this one…..you don’t see ANY td’s with this mission. Yes, you get 5 TD’s in your team and 0 in theirs."

so much this.....

even during the on track still MM trolled me.

Am I reading the HT-15-2 mission correctly (8k damage done/blocked/taken) that it could be easier to do if I suicide to the enemy after a good match ?

Only HT's I have are the IS-3 and the 50B. ANd while I've never done 8 k damage, if I manage a 5900 damage game (all but impossible for me, but maybe..) I can drive my 2100 HP tank into the open and let it get blown up?

Oh, I wouldn't do it till the end, but if you're sitting fairly close to it, do something dumb and take some damage, for sure. If you're within 1k, drive off a fucking cliff or something.

OK, I can't take this anymore and I really need to vent, no matter how many tinfoil hats I may give the impression I'm wearing:

I swear the MM is rigged in relation with the ploughing missions! Ever since I activated the "hunt down 3 clickers in a MT" mission, all of a sudden I barely get 1 clicker per team if any at all when playing MTs, from Cromwell to the T-62A. If I jump in a HT, boom! At the very least 3 clickers per team.

Also regarding HT missions, now I need to kill at least 2 higher tiered HTs. So, obviously, MM makes sure that I'm either top tier most of the time OR there is at maximum ONE higher tier HT on the enemy team. Most prevalent when playing the AMX 50 100 (I chose it since theoretically it can kill secure a lot easier than other tanks) and you get a Tier 9 MM with an IS-8/E-75/ST-I, a Tier 9 clicker and 2 Tier 9 TDs on the enemy team, as top tiers.

OR get thrown into near-impossible odds, like a Tier X MM, on Sand River, with 3 high-tier clickers per team AND the only 2 HTs are a platoon of T110E5s. Yeah, good luck nailing them.

Oh yeah, also stuck for about a week on the "kill 2 clickers in your clicker" one - of course, all of a sudden I'm the only clicker on my teams.

I'm sorry if I sound like a conspiracy idiot, but these kind of occurrences are just way too often to be just coincidence.

lol S-51 is a shitmobile. I'm still "grinding" towards the top gun, with like 25k EXP left to go. Can't play it more than once/twice a night. The gun arc is retardedly small, and the reload is 25 seconds so you can slap someone with ~300 damage with that KV-2 152mm. Loading AP and is a little better, but still shitty. Can't even imagine what this thing will look like with a 50 second reload. Do not recommend.

Holy fuck disregard everything I said. Force-grinded out the last 15k EXP for the top gun. 203mm of complete fucking wreckage. I've gotten top damage in 4/6 games that I played, and top 3 EXP in 4/6 as well. One of the games was Tier 9 too. Shit on a Waffle IV, IS-8, T26E4, and an E-75.

Get this fucking tank if you want to do missions.

S-51 203mm master race. #getbalanced

@Fedaykin89you can platoon your way out of most of those issues.

Platooning for me is a rare luxury, 99% of the time I play solo

Holy fuck disregard everything I said. Force-grinded out the last 15k EXP for the top gun. 203mm of complete fucking wreckage. I've gotten top damage in 4/6 games that I played, and top 3 EXP in 4/6 as well. One of the games was Tier 9 too. Shit on a Waffle IV, IS-8, T26E4, and an E-75.

Get this fucking tank if you want to do missions.

S-51 203mm master race. #getbalanced

That's what I also knew about the S-51 - that it's a freaking DoomCannon of Death at Tier 7... when it actually hits something

Fair & Balanced, right?

Finally!

After a couple of weeks of hunting high and low for higher tier TDs and missing the second kill by microseconds multiple times, I decided to just blow 800 gold* and acquired a new crew for my Cromwell. Only took me about 5 games before I got a Himmelsdorf Encounter tier 8 match, with 7 higher-tier TDs. They didn't really bother to defend hill, so we rolled through; I just stayed behind the main wave and shot gold at things. Killed the SU101 on the way down from the hill, missed a kill shot on the Sturer Emil but then managed to steal a kill on the JagdPanther. Crappy round, only 500 damage... but totally worth it:

gpgzrsZ.png

6wBwpNP.png

Now I can go back to playing whatever I want again! Yay! ;)

* 75% radio guy FTW!

Soo.. is there a trick or a "turn arty tracer fire on" button that I'm missing?

At teh mission to kill 2 SPG with my arty, and I've spent game after game tonight watching for signs of tracers... in most of the games the enemy SPG's were spotted right where I was watching, they fired multiple times during the battle, but I didn't ever see tracer fire from them. Do my scouts have to be within range to see the tracer shot? I'm not sure how it works,, getting one enemy SPG is easy, as I said, they're usually appearing where I expect them to..but I'm not seeing them shoot. Ever.

I've watched some of the youtube vids, to find out what to look for..but no luck. Do I have to have graphics on high? Or am I just missing something simple?

Been hunting for LT15.3 for 3 days now.  I have played Prok 0 times, and Malinovka once.  I can feel my sanity slowly slipping away...

Soo.. is there a trick or a "turn arty tracer fire on" button that I'm missing?

At teh mission to kill 2 SPG with my arty, and I've spent game after game tonight watching for signs of tracers... in most of the games the enemy SPG's were spotted right where I was watching, they fired multiple times during the battle, but I didn't ever see tracer fire from them. Do my scouts have to be within range to see the tracer shot? I'm not sure how it works,, getting one enemy SPG is easy, as I said, they're usually appearing where I expect them to..but I'm not seeing them shoot. Ever.

I've watched some of the youtube vids, to find out what to look for..but no luck. Do I have to have graphics on high? Or am I just missing something simple?

More you zoom out, fainter those tracers are. If you got any mod which allows extra zoom out it makes tracers pretty much invisible at higher zoom levels.

Try to get training room with some other arty and coordinate so that you can get visual of what tracer looks, helps bit.

Also even at closer zoom those tracers come and go really fast, blink eye and you miss it. Yes its stupid. If you feel like cheating you can install some mod which marks tracers but mission is totally doable without cheaty mods too.

Best CB map is Mines, especially if you got north spawn, you know enemy arties will be in really small area even so much that it can be worth shooting blinds on specific bushes and between houses.

Tracers also only appear if you are sitting in a 30 degree (or so) cone from their firing angle, IIRC. Bad paint examples below.

In this example, you will not see a tracer, because you are too far away from the shell's flight path:

TzKWktx.png

In this example, you will see a tracer, as you are near the shell's flight path:

hmajLnQ.png

So you not only need to be looking at the right place, you need to be sitting in the right place to successfully counterbattery. Maps where there are predictable arty setup spots with firing lanes largely towards the other arty's predictable setup spots are your friends: Prokhorovka, Abbey, Mines, etc.

Maps where most arty sits in two corners and both fire at a third corner (oh hai El Halluf) are not your friends.

Thanks guys, I do have a zoom out mod- so that may explain it, as would the fact I try and sit in weird places myself so I can't be easily counter batteried.

Also (stupidly) realized I have that 105 leFH18b2 in the garage, which might make this easier by just spamming shots at arty locations.

As simple as it may seem, I'm frustrated with T28 TD mission 10.  I don't have a lot of TDs because their game play is limited (winning) and more boring.  I've spent the last few thousand games learning to be mobile and responsive to situations on the map and then you get stuck with this "camp like a turd" mission.  Doesn't help that my only T8 TD is a JpII with the camo of a disco barn.  I've been trying my Su-122-44 instead.  The T-67 just doesn't have enough damage potential to get it done.

But then a match starts going sideways and I have to decide am I going to move up and brawl to help the win or continue to bush camp?  I almost always go with option 1 and lose the mission because I get spotted.  It's also a really map-dependent mission- gl with it on Ensk.  So that's annoying.  Missions like this make me want to give up on the missions, but I would rather like to get another female crew (I could care less about the reward tanks).

I need help with choosing a tank for my HT missions. I'm set in all the other categories, but I don't play HTs very often in this game because of skycancer: getting slapped for 2/3 of your HP + some modules and crew makes me rage way too hard.

That being said, here are the (relevant) HTs that I own: T29, T32, Lowe, FCM 50t, KV-5. I've also gotten up to the KV-3 as far as grinding goes.

Should I go for the ST-I? I'm thinking that's my best shot for doing HT-12.3 and HT-15.3, the ones that worry me the most. At first I was thinking the T32 would suffice, but after playing it enough times, I realize I'd have to have a ridiculously lucky game to get those two missions.

I haven't even started any of the German HT lines, so the infamous VK B is out of the question (unless someone wants to donate like 10k gold to the cause, I'll gladly free EXP to it).

I need help with choosing a tank for my HT missions. I'm set in all the other categories, but I don't play HTs very often in this game because of skycancer: getting slapped for 2/3 of your HP + some modules and crew makes me rage way too hard.

That being said, here are the (relevant) HTs that I own: T29, T32, Lowe, FCM 50t, KV-5. I've also gotten up to the KV-3 as far as grinding goes.

Should I go for the ST-I? I'm thinking that's my best shot for doing HT-12.3 and HT-15.3, the ones that worry me the most. At first I was thinking the T32 would suffice, but after playing it enough times, I realize I'd have to have a ridiculously lucky game to get those two missions.

I haven't even started any of the German HT lines, so the infamous VK B is out of the question (unless someone wants to donate like 10k gold to the cause, I'll gladly free EXP to it).

If you can't get to the VK4502B or E-75, grab an ST-I. The T29 and T32 can also do some of the missions, but as you noted, it is situational. How far up the French tree are you? The 50 100 and its successors are good for some of the missions too (damage+cap, ram kill, kill higher tiers etc.)

I miss a kill shot on IS with HEAT, which would have give me 3k dmg (i alrdy had most dmg) and with a bit of luck also top exp buuuuuut, i miss and we loose game, GG

Game later, himmelsdorf

shot_591.jpg

However a defeat, so no survive bonus for you!

I almost got this mission like 4 times now, and was twice only 1 hit away, so i guess i will make it sooner or later, but all the heat spam (and missing) is getting a bit expensive....

edit: and all the arty is killing my stats, especially my WN8 is suffering :P

If you can't get to the VK4502B or E-75, grab an ST-I. The T29 and T32 can also do some of the missions, but as you noted, it is situational. How far up the French tree are you? The 50 100 and its successors are good for some of the missions too (damage+cap, ram kill, kill higher tiers etc.)

Nah I'm not too worried about the damage + cap, ram kill, and kill higher tiers missions. Those are pretty flexible and I can do them in just about any tank (mostly FCM 50t and KV-5 though for ramming). I'm only on the BDR G1B for the French unfortunately, so that's mostly a no-go.

Thanks for the advice.