CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

Was grinding the Panther1 last night and just happened on to the T55a mission for light 2 fires in a battles.  I had just turned it on so I'm super happy about not grinding that one.  Now back to "kill 3 arty" or "Kill a heavy tank 2 tiers higher"  FU WG.  I need to fail platoon for those.

Hell yea! HT12.3 done!!! I can quit grinding the VK45A!!

I first thought I was done in my IS-6 on fjord going south alone and facing a IS-6 and a WZ-111. Managed 3k damage and it took them a combined 21 shots to finish me. Only 5 penetrated, so I thought that 16 X 390 (average damage) should be over 6k damage blocked. But because fuck you HEAT does not count and the WZ-111 was spamming it, I bounced 4500 damage. The IS-6 has 1550 hp, so do the math...

Anyways, a day later in my IS-7, defending on Sand River in assault mode, I was the only one going east at H9 and this wonderful WTE-100 called FortFun bounced 2 whole clips before switching to HE. Total 9870 damage blocked by armor. I can only imagined how much higher it would have been if he had kept shooting AP!

Here is the replay:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2114590

I have 100+ games in a Cromwell and M-10, running dead eye on the gunners. Several fires started, but never 2 the same game. RNG is a cruel mistress sometimes. I still need the ram mission but afraid to turn off incinerator in case I get it. 

So should I try to get the ram mission or just wait on the incinerator to play out. I don't think my keyboard would survive if I got it while it wasn't active this many battles in.

I swear the MM is rigged in relation with the ploughing missions! Ever since I activated the "hunt down 3 clickers in a MT" mission, all of a sudden I barely get 1 clicker per team if any at all when playing MTs, from Cromwell to the T-62A. If I jump in a HT, boom! At the very least 3 clickers per team.

I'm sorry if I sound like a conspiracy idiot, but these kind of occurrences are just way too often to be just coincidence.

Yeah, I don't believe that the crippled WG MM is capable of that kind of duplicity . . . but just in case, the next time you are trying to kill 3 arty and never seeing any arty - how about platooning with me new BFF?

I have 100+ games in a Cromwell and M-10, running dead eye on the gunners. Several fires started, but never 2 the same game. RNG is a cruel mistress sometimes. I still need the ram mission but afraid to turn off incinerator in case I get it. 

So should I try to get the ram mission or just wait on the incinerator to play out. I don't think my keyboard would survive if I got it while it wasn't active this many battles in.

In my case a T32 was coming downhill at an angle to me so I was effectively looking down on him.  I put one in his side/engine deck area and set him on fire... as soon as I saw him put it out, I put another round there and started another fire.  I don't have any skills on my Panther crew... RNG is a cruel bitch.

In my case a T32 was coming downhill at an angle to me so I was effectively looking down on him.  I put one in his side/engine deck area and set him on fire... as soon as I saw him put it out, I put another round there and started another fire.  I don't have any skills on my Panther crew... RNG is a cruel bitch.

That is exactly how I completed it, unfortunately I didn't have it active, and yes she is. I found a afk IS, just pounded the fuel tank, started a fire but he burned to death, he needed an AFE so I could relight it, lol.

Don't turn off the fire mission. Rams are something you can make happen. Fires are just dice.

There's a guy in my clan who turned it off and got double fires within the hour. He was pretty unhappy.

Tracers also only appear if you are sitting in a 30 degree (or so) cone from their firing angle, IIRC. Bad paint examples below.

In this example, you will not see a tracer, because you are too far away from the shell's flight path:

Hidden Content

In this example, you will see a tracer, as you are near the shell's flight path:

Hidden Content

So you not only need to be looking at the right place, you need to be sitting in the right place to successfully counterbattery. Maps where there are predictable arty setup spots with firing lanes largely towards the other arty's predictable setup spots are your friends: Prokhorovka, Abbey, Mines, etc.

Maps where most arty sits in two corners and both fire at a third corner (oh hai El Halluf) are not your friends.

Pretty positive this is wrong.  The tracers show up in an arc based on YOUR gun.  It prevents mods that would highlight or extend the duration of tracers you aren't currently looking at, now even if there is a tracer hack it will only improve visibility where you are already looking.

As for the OP regarding this question, go into a training room with a friend and have him shoot a few times.  Avoid a map with a white ground (erlenberg is really hard to see tracers on).  After you watch a few I think you'll be able to pick it up in game, but you still have to be looking at the right place.

In general it is only worthwhile on a couple maps where arty is really limited in location, or where you can see destruction where they drove.  I got mine on Live Oaks north spawn just by looking at the back corner K1 where I saw a fence had been driven over.  It didn't tell me exactly where the arty was, but it reduced the search area enough that I was able to spot it pretty easily.

Pretty positive this is wrong.  The tracers show up in an arc based on YOUR gun.  It prevents mods that would highlight or extend the duration of tracers you aren't currently looking at, now even if there is a tracer hack it will only improve visibility where you are already looking.

Hm, it could be. I thought it tracers only showed in an arc along the gun that was firing, but between translation from Russian and translation from developer plus telephone game... there's a lot of ways for it to get muddled.

Nice! Don't suppose you kept a replay? Can never figure out how to play arty on that map, let alone score 3600 damage..

I can post it later.  I just went up the north spawn hill and fired heat into the faces of potato heavies pushing the bridge. 

Well, pushed my 3rd MOE on the T37 to almost 98% trying to spot/kill 3 arties, and in the process of fixing my Type 64's MOEs as well... So damn close :(

Frustrating, but at least you've got those sexy stars on the barrel...  I have mine for a similar reason.

Well, pushed my 3rd MOE on the T37 to almost 98% trying to spot/kill 3 arties, and in the process of fixing my Type 64's MOEs as well... So damn close :(

Platoon with 2 arty. It took me like 5-10 games of actually trying to do it by selecting the mission, including one instance where I did not read the mission text on the 260 version properly so did the spot/damage 3 arty but failed to kill one, thus costing me the mission.

Platoon with 2 arty. It took me like 5-10 games of actually trying to do it by selecting the mission, including one instance where I did not read the mission text on the 260 version properly so did the spot/damage 3 arty but failed to kill one, thus costing me the mission.

Ive been begging for arty players, believe me. Dont care if they're shit or great, but no one in my friends list apart from Sr has a tier 7 arty

Ive been begging for arty players, believe me. Dont care if they're shit or great, but no one in my friends list apart from Sr has a tier 7 arty

Eh Marine, add me. I'll play some skycancer for your sake.