CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

So damaging higher tier tanks gives you more XP? Had a couple of amazing (for me) 3K damage games in the M40 tonight, did 1k damage more than the next player on either team twice, once got the High Caliber medal, highest Xp wise I managed to get was 5th place (with the medal) otherwise, even scoring the damage, was always 7th or 8th.

Most of teh damage done was to T8's, I'm guessing from what people have said here I need to focus damage on T10's? With very good luck and a decent but not amazing team, I can be in the top 3 for damage, it's the XP that I don't get..

(Yes, this is for SPG15)

So damaging higher tier tanks gives you more XP? Had a couple of amazing (for me) 3K damage games in the M40 tonight, did 1k damage more than the next player on either team twice, once got the High Caliber medal, highest Xp wise I managed to get was 5th place (with the medal) otherwise, even scoring the damage, was always 7th or 8th.

Most of teh damage done was to T8's, I'm guessing from what people have said here I need to focus damage on T10's? With very good luck and a decent but not amazing team, I can be in the top 3 for damage, it's the XP that I don't get..

(Yes, this is for SPG15)

You can increase your XP (and decrease teammates') by waiting for a target to go dark, then fire.

(Yes, this is for SPG15)

Kek. Giving advice for arty play.

Engineered (above) mentioned blind-shotting when things go dark. That's one way to get more exp.

Regarding your question, yes, shooting higher tiers gives more EXP. If you're trying to get both top damage and exp for the SPG mission, focus on T10s if you're in a T8 arty. They have the greatest HP pool for you to farm, give you the most EXP, and they're the ones who if you damage/kill early you can turn the tide of the battle. Win-win-win situation.

I think the Japanese Type 4 Heavy is a new candidate for HT-12. Maybe not as good as the VK 4502 Ausf. B, but I've thus far had several silly matches with end scorecards like this one.

ubtWfFT.jpg

lmZwctW.jpg

Here, for instance, is a match where even after flanking me a KV-5 can't do damage, and an IS-8 rams me (repeatedly!) for little result.

I'm jealous. We're you platooning with a tier 7 pref?

My fire mission experience was 350~ games of Cromwell/Cromwell B platooned with tier 8s, a few games of E50/T55A platooned with T10s, and 5~ games of Pershing/STA-2/Panther 8.8 platooned with 9s or 8 lights.

My fire mission experience was 350~ games of Cromwell/Cromwell B platooned with tier 8s, a few games of E50/T55A platooned with T10s, and 5~ games of Pershing/STA-2/Panther 8.8 platooned with 9s or 8 lights.

:nmad::QQ:

I believe Vetroxity has said that it took him like 1200~ games of natural playing mediums to get it, just because of the lack of consistent bottom tier games.

I believe Vetroxity has said that it took him like 1200~ games of natural playing mediums to get it, just because of the lack of consistent bottom tier games.

I set a KV-4 on fire twice while driving a tier 7 Panther a few months ago. Of course, I was working on the T-55A at the time and I didn't even have MT-12.3 active. That's the only time that I can definitively recall the conditions for MT-15.4 happening since I've been playing tanks. So, I can believe that it took him 1,200 games.

You can increase your XP (and decrease teammates') by waiting for a target to go dark, then fire.

Wouldn't you have to wait like 5 seconds or whatever it might be for this to work? Because I'm fairly certain that you get ass. dmg. for targets that you spotted a short time even after they go dark. 

And tbh, the added chance of missing plus the fact that it takes longer between shots I feel like this is not worth it. Fail toons are the way to go for SPG15, did SPG15.3 yesterday in the M44 in a T7 toon on Windstorm of all maps.

Wouldn't you have to wait like 5 seconds or whatever it might be for this to work? Because I'm fairly certain that you get ass. dmg. for targets that you spotted a short time even after they go dark. 

And tbh, the added chance of missing plus the fact that it takes longer between shots I feel like this is not worth it. Fail toons are the way to go for SPG15, did SPG15.3 yesterday in the M44 in a T7 toon on Windstorm of all maps.

I think you're scum for playing arta.

Dont you dare bring shame onto our M44/M44/M12 platoon. It was and will forever be glorious! 

brb going to throw up on my cat.

Tried to do 3k damage without getting spotted in my Nashorn, ended up twice on Prokhorovka, top tier

Lol - NOPE! Either 1 line or trying to push the hill (while obviously the bots on the 1 line died like flies), it's now almost impossible to play a paper TD even on a map like Prokh... now I noticed that they even changed the terrain in front of the bush that I used to try & see something (who's goddamn absolutely retarded idea was for TDs to be 100% dependent on scouts?!?) on the 1/2/3 line!

I believe others on here tested and found that xp was shared only if you fired before the target went dark.  So that would be like 2-3 sec of flight time.

I wouldn't hold a good shot to let someone go dark, but I would fully aim in and fire at recently dark targets.  Depends on the arty and its ROF.  I usually try to keep firing on each reload.

Tried to do 3k damage without getting spotted in my Nashorn, ended up twice on Prokhorovka, top tier

Lol - NOPE! Either 1 line or trying to push the hill (while obviously the bots on the 1 line died like flies), it's now almost impossible to play a paper TD even on a map like Prokh... now I noticed that they even changed the terrain in front of the bush that I used to try & see something (who's goddamn absolutely retarded idea was for TDs to be 100% dependent on scouts?!?) on the 1/2/3 line!

LOL.

That's a tier 9/10 mission, or if you're exceedingly lucky, a Roomba mission. You'll get a brain aneurysm trying to get it in a 6. Furthermore, that's a heavily scout-dependent mission. In order to blaze away without being spotted, you need to have someone vision for you. I got the 3K version with jacg123 spotting for my SU-122-54. I'll probably do the 4K version in a Waffle, trying to drop 2 clips from outside view range.

LOL.

That's a tier 9/10 mission, or if you're exceedingly lucky, a Roomba mission. You'll get a brain aneurysm trying to get it in a 6. Furthermore, that's a heavily scout-dependent mission. In order to blaze away without being spotted, you need to have someone vision for you. I got the 3K version with jacg123 spotting for my SU-122-54. I'll probably do the 4K version in a Waffle, trying to drop 2 clips from outside view range.

Funny, 1 year ago getting 3k damage in the Nashorn in a Tier 7 (maybe with some Tier 8s) was nothing much...

For instance: wotreplays.com/site/1819213#sand_river-fedaykin89-nashorn

I tried at Tier 6 because I was already sick and tired of attempting it in the 268, figured at lower tiers the overall lower view range will help me...

Funny, 1 year ago getting 3k damage in the Nashorn in a Tier 7 (maybe with some Tier 8s) was nothing much...

For instance: wotreplays.com/site/1819213#sand_river-fedaykin89-nashorn

I tried at Tier 6 because I was already sick and tired of attempting it in the 268, figured at lower tiers the overall lower view range will help me...

Getting 3K isn't the issue.

Getting it UNSPOTTED is.

EDIT: the thing about the missions, especially the T-55A/260 missions is -- if you don't have the right tanks for it, you'll drown in a sea of futility. The right tanks can make the difference between 50 games and 500 games to get the harder missions. For the 3K unspotted, you need a tank with good camo, good shell velocity/gun accuracy, and good damage per shot to be able to rack up the damage unspotted. A waffle, for example, firing APCR and using the drawbox, needs 1 clip plus 1 shot to do the mission. A 704 with APCR needs just 4 shots. The 268, with its limited gun arc and shitty shell velocity is a poor candidate for the mission. The 263 with APCR is much, much better. The Waffle 4 is a decent candidate-- it needs just 6 shots with the 128. The Foch 155 needs 4, but the derpy gun handling limits it. Below tier 9, though, only the Roomba is a good candidate, and that needs 7 shots at minimum. Heck, I got the 2K version with the E-25, despite it needing 15 shots to rack up 2K.

Edited by sr360

To be perfectly honest, it should be doable even in the Jagdpanther with the 105mm gun - 10 full shots and you're set (and with that thing's DPM, you fire 10 shots like they're nothing)

As you said, the main problem is getting off those shots unspotted - and with all the nerfs & map changes, I feel like kicking puppies

Edited by Fedaykin89

To be perfectly honest, it should be doable even in the Jagdpanther with the 105mm gun - 10 full shots and you're set (and with that thing's DPM, you fire 10 shots like they're nothing)

As you said, the main problem is getting off those shots unspotted - and with all the nerfs & map changes, I feel like kicking puppies

There's a world of difference between "doable" and "easy".

It is "doable" to bounce 3x your HP in the Conqueror-- one of the guys in my clan did it. But in the VK4502B? It's easy.