CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

why?  it trades EVERYTHING for alpha.  

Because 85 damage a shot against tier 8s is criminally bad (also the ballistic properties of the 57mm leave something to be desired at range).

The 76mm is basically identical to the American 76mm M1A2, which is fine. I have the T-34 for 57mm fun.

Because 85 damage a shot against tier 8s is criminally bad (also the ballistic properties of the 57mm leave something to be desired at range).

The 76mm is basically identical to the American 76mm M1A2, which is fine. I have the T-34 for 57mm fun.

The bigger question, Strana, is which one is better to go for incinerator? Wouldn't the 57 with its higher RoF mean more chances to roll for fire?

The bigger question, Strana, is which one is better to go for incinerator? Wouldn't the 57 with its higher RoF mean more chances to roll for fire?

Against engines, yes.

Against fuel tanks, probably not. Markedly lower module damage (76 vs 105), may require an extra damaging round (which, with only 45% chance to damage, means average of extra 2.22 impacting rounds to get 1 damaging round).

Its lot easier to go for engine than fuel tanks hits as fuel tanks locations are really varying between tanks. Some have fuel tank in side sponsons up (Tiger), some have one even front hull (russian meds like T43), US tanks often have fuel tank between turret and engine, some german have fuel behind engine far back of hull etc. So easier just take high RoF gun and spam engine area. Even when going for fuel tanks, small guns take maybe one hit more to kill fuel tank but then they shoot LOT faster than bigger guns. Especially as shooting engine area can also give chance of hitting both engine and fuel tank with same shoot, so more chance rolls.

Did look for this missions also high alpha meds (china 122mm etc) that could possibly one-shot enemy fuel tank but afaik there is no medium with high enough module damage value compared to typical target fuel tank healths, especially as 260 mission needs target be higher tier. And if big gun cannot one-shot fuel tank then its all the way worse compared to small gun. Tried also Centurion 7/1 with HESH , zero succeess as tier 10 targets and slow reload on slow tank was really bad recipe.

Edited by sahtila

Its lot easier to go for engine than fuel tanks hits as fuel tanks locations are really varying between tanks.

From the wiki:

There are two ways the enemy can set your tank on fire.

• If your fuel tank's hitpoints reach zero, your tank automatically catches fire.
  • Each time your engine gets hit, there is a chance that your tank catches fire. This chance depends on the engine and is displayed on the engine module's properties in game or here on the wiki. Note that the transmission counts as part of the engine but hits to the transmission do not cause fires.

So a zero hp fuel tank always catches fire, a zero hp engine do not.

Both modules have a 45% damage chance as Strana said. So the actual chance for a engine fire is something like 0.20 * 0.45 for low tier tanks, or about one fire every 11 shots. 

I don't know the module hp for fuel tanks and engines, but the chances for fuel tank fires given equal hp are much higher. Most targets are dead before you fired 11 shots unless you fire some very low alpha guns.

You don't need to damage the engine to light a fire, but the significantly greater chance to cause damage than light a fire means the probability of lighting one without damaging the engine is quite low. Also, both preventative maintenance and auto extinguishers reduce engine fire chance, whereas the only thing for fuel tanks is the HP mod (which nobody uses).

I maintain that the mid-tier 75-77mm guns hit the best balance of rate of fire, module damage, target flammability, and not killing things in too few shots. Makes for decent chances against both engines and fuel tanks.

Pompous in WZ-132 - http://www.vbaddict.net/download_replay/pompous-na-002bb653cb4341b70c06466779c09613/siegfried_line-china-wz_132-20778258651728142

Me in Object 261 - http://www.vbaddict.net/download_replay/stranamechty-na-e92bf60e191e9d03157b0147e3e4f1a1/siegfried_line-soviet_union-object_261-20778258651728142

Ledif gets countered very early on, so Pompous does the mission with half his fire support out of order.

Edit: Here's the match immediately before that one where Pompous fulfilled the primary requirement but did not survive for the secondary.

WZ-132 - http://www.vbaddict.net/download_replay/pompous-na-002bb653cb4341b70c06466779c09613/malinovka-china-wz_132-21488070716868144

Object 261 - http://www.vbaddict.net/download_replay/stranamechty-na-e92bf60e191e9d03157b0147e3e4f1a1/malinovka-soviet_union-object_261-21488070716868144

Ledif does not die early on this one and shoots things.

Also FWIW, this was the game before the pictured match as well. Didn't end up surviving because Ledif got an extra reset I needed him not to before I could tell him to just shoot something else instead. So instead of getting capped and surviving, we got killed out and I lost the secondary :( Sadboiz.

fewQOfx.jpg

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/pompous-na-002bb653cb4341b70c06466779c09613/malinovka-china-wz_132-21488070716868144

lol, getting countered worked out then!  he coudln't mess it up again! ; )

Edit:
whoa, being permatracked by the KV-5 must have been nerweracking!

Edited by weesh

That reminds me, I did LT-15 in a T37 failtooned into a tier 10 match on Live Oaks. It would've been all fine and dandy if I didn't get erased off the face of the earth by a Jagdpanzer at the end. But oh well.

Realistically, JPE100, Waffle E100, E3, 263 are probably those which are most consistent with the TD15 missions. The nerf to the E3 has seemed pretty huge, but I dont have one myself only going off of what I have been told. 

Got a JPE100: First game:

vEmJEK4.jpg

Job done :)

Edited by Birkovic

Killed two tier 8 HT's in my KV2 with honors, was one heckuva game, including splashing underneath an ISU 152 to set him on fire for nearly 700HP!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2162805#redshire-themarine3_5-kv-2

MT 15.3 with honors in the A-43

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2155600#murovanka-themarine3_5-a-43

FUCK. YES!!!

Congratulations!
For successful completion of personal missions you receive the following rewards:
Credits added: 250,000
Bunks added to the Barracks: 1
Recruits: Brigadier-chef Lefebvre (Gunner, AMX 13 90, 100%) 

Mission completed! Reward:

Vehicles added: T 55A (100% crew)
Slots added: 1 

Buy MAUS. 2nd game, block 6.6k, deal 4.6k, and take 2.7k

FUCK. YES!!!

Congratulations!
For successful completion of personal missions you receive the following rewards:
Credits added: 250,000
Bunks added to the Barracks: 1
Recruits: Brigadier-chef Lefebvre (Gunner, AMX 13 90, 100%) 

Mission completed! Reward:

Vehicles added: T 55A (100% crew)
Slots added: 1 

Buy MAUS. 2nd game, block 6.6k, deal 4.6k, and take 2.7k

Gratz!