CarbonWard

Individual Missions: A How-To Guide

Damn and blast. Have Incinerator 4 active, Himmelsdorf, in the T-34-1. Right at the start of the game I spot a full health IS-6 trundling across an opening, snapshot... lit him on fire. Okay, well, that's a good start.

I put four more shots into the rear end of that damn IS-6 (and several into the rear of a T34) and nothing doing.

:damn:

Damn and blast. Have Incinerator 4 active, Himmelsdorf, in the T-34-1. Right at the start of the game I spot a full health IS-6 trundling across an opening, snapshot... lit him on fire. Okay, well, that's a good start.

I put four more shots into the rear end of that damn IS-6 (and several into the rear of a T34) and nothing doing.

:damn:

Sounds par for the course. One time in the Type 59 I lit a fire on my first shot, then proceeded to kill two JT 88s from full health by shooting the after segment, damaging and then destroying both engines. No fire.

Seems like you get more fires shooting the side of a tank ~3/4 in (fuel tanks) than shooting the rear (engine)

Three of the shots, including the initial fire, were into the same (as best I could, it's a Chinese tank) area of the rear side, the last two directly into the rear. The shots on the T34 were direct ass shots though.

SerB is apparently displeased with me for some reason.

Three of the shots, including the initial fire, were into the same (as best I could, it's a Chinese tank) area of the rear side, the last two directly into the rear. The shots on the T34 were direct ass shots though.

SerB is apparently displeased with me for some reason.

You cannot reach t34 fuel tanks shooting it from behind, and getting engine fires with relatively slow shooting gun is very unreliable. Usually US heavies have fuel tank behind turret but front of engine so you gotta shoot it from side to sidehull just behind turret to get fuel tank fires.

http://www.headshotdomain.net/WoT-3D/data/model.htm?model=a13

Blue areas are fuel tanks.

Infact looking that old model, even hitting engine can be hard when shooting t34 from behind, if model is still accurate.

Edited by sahtila

http://wotreplays.com/site/2185260#fisherman_s_bay-sr360-m44

First HEAT round ammoracked an IS-6. That set me up nicely for the kill 2 +2 tier tanks mission... Thanks to @TheMarine0341 for the assist!

We should arty platoon a bit.  I still need to do that one as well as the platoon mission for 5k damage to heavy/TDs.  I actually did it yesterday solo but had the T-55A version of it selected :-D.

For clickers I'm down to SPG-15 for the T-55A and three more missions to unlock SPG-15.4.  The arty mission sets really are some of the easiest...

So, I've been trying to get incinerator for the T-55A for like 2 weeks. And, gods, isn't it the most frustrating of things.

Like, you have a great med game, but you can't savour it, because, no fire !

Or, you get a fire right of the bat, and you tell yourself "this is it! ok, ok, ok, ok, don't get too exited, breathe, breathe, don't get too greedy, but, dammit, gotta get shots at sides and rears hnnnngh", and even if you manage to find the fine line between going berserk and trying too hard to stay out of harm to preserve your chances, you *don't* get that second fire. And every shot you manage to land actually *sinks* your morale lower.

Or, you have that great fire that gives you loads of damage, but you couldn't care less, because game's pratically over and the chance you landed another shot, let alone a firestarting shot are bordering on 0 at that point.

Just what happened in my last game of the night, in the STB.  During cleanup, a far shot  on a 183 flew true. Yay, fire. Eh, guy doesn't have a fire exting ? Well, to each his own. Not the most deserved 1000+ damage, but I'll take it all the same. Well, not a bad game, but that's not *the  game* once again.

*loading garage*

CYaIxdf.jpg

Well, time to go to bed.

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum

So I've picked off the easy 260 missions.  In watching some other people pursue the 260, I've come to the realization that I will never get it.  Partly because I don't want to have to play specific tanks just to chase the missions and partly because I know how pissed off I'd get trying to get some of the RNG ones (based off my time in the T-55A missions).

I spent some time looking at the lower tier missions and realized that there are a lot of missions with easy secondaries that I never got the first time around.  I took a look through and estimated ~3 million credits that can be "easily" gotten - just activate the mission, play normally, and you'll probably get it in 1-5 games.  So I intend to spend some time getting those credits rather than chasing 260 missions for a little while.  I picked up ~400k in the last day.

Well done - no mean feat. Under 1000 T55As on NA.

Well done - no mean feat. Under 1000 T55As on NA.

Really? I know I've seen links in the past with tank numbers, any idea where to find those?

Also, been beating my head against a wall for awhile now with MT9.4 (last MT mission I need other than 15). I've been cycling through an E8, Cromwell, and T69 for this mission, and just can't seem to get it done. Any recommendations?

Really? I know I've seen links in the past with tank numbers, any idea where to find those?

Also, been beating my head against a wall for awhile now with MT9.4 (last MT mission I need other than 15). I've been cycling through an E8, Cromwell, and T69 for this mission, and just can't seem to get it done. Any recommendations?

I am basing my estimate on the numbers reported by http://en.wot-life.com/na/serverstats/ for T55A players. Scroll down and check out the the WN8 ratings by tank. The T55A and O260 lead the pack and the number of battles and the number of players with the tank are noted.

I meant to reply - I am still on the T55A - on MT15, TD15, HT12, SPG12 and LT14. So you are way, way ahead of me. If MT9 is the kill two tanks 2 tiers higher than yourself I recommend going with a big alpha medium so that you can steal the finish on bigger tanks. 

And spam the gold.

I thought that was the "light two fires on tanks a tier higher"...

Whatever, it's the stupid fire mission I'm stuck on.

Edit: though according to wotlife there's only 499 t55as and 64 obj260s on the NA server, so if true I'm a little less frustrated. :D

Edit two: After watching the QuickieBaby video on that mission, I think I'll ditch the T69 for it and just grind the Cromwell/E8 that I've got

Edited by HLS30

According to this thread the A43 is superb for that mission (amongst others):

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/21787-comprehensive-“best-tank-for-mission”-list/&page=3 

Edited by Birkovic

Well, just got two fires on a KV-3 with my Firefly.  Mission wasn't active.  Not really upset to be honest.  Not trying is wonderful!

Also, if you have any missions to kill TDs you want to be playing right now.  Last game had 14 Scorpions because of the stupid rental thing.  If I had a Tier 5 arty I would get the "Kill 2 tanks +2 tiers" mission pretty damn fast...

Well, just got two fires on a KV-3 with my Firefly.  Mission wasn't active.  Not really upset to be honest.  Not trying is wonderful!

Also, if you have any missions to kill TDs you want to be playing right now.  Last game had 14 Scorpions because of the stupid rental thing.  If I had a Tier 5 arty I would get the "Kill 2 tanks +2 tiers" mission pretty damn fast...

Ugh, still waiting on that two fires mission. I'm not trying, but I keep getting double fires, just not on higher tiers! It'll happen eventually. Having got SPG-15.3 I'm now pounding out the SPG missions. Really the missions I'm stuck on right now are "Kill 2 heavies +2", "Do 5x your HP" and the double fire...

I'm on the fence about that...

I need to get 2000 damage to TDs for TD-15.2, so going for tier 7s seems...less than ideal.

What tank should I try playing to take advantage of the rentals?  T69?

Ugh, still waiting on that two fires mission. I'm not trying, but I keep getting double fires, just not on higher tiers! It'll happen eventually. Having got SPG-15.3 I'm now pounding out the SPG missions. Really the missions I'm stuck on right now are "Kill 2 heavies +2", "Do 5x your HP" and the double fire...

5x HP in TDs I didn't find hard. Hellcat with a 90mm and play aggressive is how I did it. Didn't even realize I had it till the end of the game

5x HP in TDs I didn't find hard. Hellcat with a 90mm and play aggressive is how I did it. Didn't even realize I had it till the end of the game

I've got close twice in the last week, just 1-2 shots short.