Paaranoja

SilentStalker sure does hate us

Oh right, its the wotlabs community that should apologise for saying bad words abot cheat distributor that uses his influence to spread lies and ridicule skilled players at every chance he gets.

No but disparaging him wont help either. I'd appreciate if FTR posts Labs articles for the sake of making them more public. And you know, the wiser head gives in...

You'd have to contact the wot-news guy, and SS could dox you, just like the troll, if you did that.

I couldn't care less, I can gif him that info myself :verysmug:

You would all do better if you just mind your own business, helping others to get better in WoT and fuck anything that some random guy writes on his blog. Still, there is that much flame going on about it. And before you tell me "ahmagad, random pubbie called me a hacker because i was purple that must be from evil FTR thingy!!!!!" - so what? Its internet, why you get offended so much.

So, if CNN and BBC publish that you are child molester you should not get offended much, it is just internet, right?  8)

The rest of the forum consists of articles, vehicle discussions, game mechanical discussions, cat gifs, replay reviews, tips and tricks, more cat gifs, map/game analysis, mathematical discussions and then finally some furry and anime sprinckled in for diversity.

You forgot Taylor Swift gifs

Also why is the pic at the end no gif? D:

So Ive just found out about this thread on ftr comments (unsurprisingly) and all i have to say is - you just care too much about something you cannot do much about. You would all do better if you just mind your own business, helping others to get better in WoT and fuck anything that some random guy writes on his blog. Because lets face it, the "cheating" article was bullshit and clearly a mistake, but did it really change anything? If it did, you wouldnt even notice anyway. Still, there is that much flame going on about it. And before you tell me "ahmagad, random pubbie called me a hacker because i was purple that must be from evil FTR thingy!!!!!" - so what? Its internet, why you get offended so much.

You clearly didn't take the time to read this thread.

The issue isn't people are calling us cheaters and we're getting poopy pants,

The issue is that now bad players think that the only way to play like a unicum is to cheat, and so they no longer believe they can get good just by working hard and trying to get better, so now bad players don't feel any reason to try to improve because they'll think anyone better than themselves are just cheaters.  Don't you see?  This hurts the game.

I needed to register just to post into this thread. Obviously, SilentStalker is doing a very good job for a long time, all just in his free time and there is a good reason his blog is widely recognized. He is doing a great service for the community, checking out various forums and being in contact with supertesters, developers, staff, etc. and bringing every piece of info he can find to the world.

Yes, I might agree that some of his posts are semi-accurate - hell, it's a LEAKS blog, therefore you need to treat it that way. One of the things he does is also "shaming". Yes, it might not be the best thing to do, but he does it and usually is correct - accused people are usually really found guilty. But in the end of the day, you need to realize it is still just LEAKS blog - none of the info is to be 100% trusted.

Most of you are angry at SS and don't recognize the huge job he is doing for the community, because he has offended you, or directly shamed you. I can tell you I'm reading every single article he writes and comment on most of them. I have never had a single concern connected to him.

If there is a post that shames you directly (as OP stated), accuses you of cheating - I trust SS to the point that he didn't make the stuff up, but many people were reporting you, because they had an issue with you. While it might be just hating on unicums, there usually is some kind of evidence as well. What you can and should do, if you don't feel guilty of what have you been accused, is to write him an e-mail and explain everything in a humble manner. I can see from your posts here and bans on his blog, that you failed this point terribly and probably started shaming and swearing at SS - exactly as you do in here.

You need to realize that your feelings of being offended by SS are most likely only YOUR problem, because you failed to have a humble conversation with him, or are simply too jealous that he has the most successful WoT blog and you don't.

I know that every coin has 2 sides, but I must say I find SS responsible and from what I've read on here, most of you just disrespected/offended him first and that is the reason you yourself feel offended. Please do me a favor and try to take this post not as an offense, but as a suggestion to revise your actions and maybe find a problem also in yourself, not just in SS. I know it's hard to admit a mistake, but if you want to be that greater person you all feel to be over SS, you need to do it.

Again, if I'm completely wrong, I would love to hear why - without disrespect and shaming, but in a constructive and humble manner. Thank you. 

So what are your thoughts on the doxxing incident? He has already done this twice now and in his own words from the past he thinks it is wrong, yet has done it again because the target was in the wrong. In the first case it was a wg employee and in the 2nd case it was a troll that was already banned from the ftr and couldn't comment on ftr anymore. So is SS allowed to dox someone because they sent him two emails about ftr, even though SS finds the practice wrong? Maybe he changed his mind about the whole thing since 2013 when he said, "posting personal stuff on the internet is extremely dangerous, as that person might be literally done for life. I don't want that, no one deserves that, no matter what they did." But i don't know, he never addressed why he didn't take down the doxxing, only that no one forced him to. 

So Ive just found out about this thread on ftr comments (unsurprisingly) and all i have to say is - you just care too much about something you cannot do much about. You would all do better if you just mind your own business, helping others to get better in WoT and fuck anything that some random guy writes on his blog. Because lets face it, the "cheating" article was bullshit and clearly a mistake, but did it really change anything? If it did, you wouldnt even notice anyway. Still, there is that much flame going on about it. And before you tell me "ahmagad, random pubbie called me a hacker because i was purple that must be from evil FTR thingy!!!!!" - so what? Its internet, why you get offended so much. Let me be clear, I dont really like silentstalker that much, he can be pretty lame and sort of an ass sometimes, but in the end, his work makes up for it. So why would you add oil to the fire by hating him here. Just let him be. (I agree that doxxing is definitely not a good thing, but when somebody is too stupid to troll, then its his fault in the first place anyway.)

Just a general thought that came to my mind while reading the discussion - some of you take the ratings, numbers and other stuff too seriously. In this thread (for an outside reader) its basically unicum this, unicum that and look at me how well i can shoot pixel tanks! And the most funny thing is, that the people that are the loudest and saying how everybody hates on them because they are "unicums" are guys with rerolls or 2100 WN8. I mean, i dont give a damn number one about your rating, but if you want to be elitist, you should damn better have something to back up that kind of attitude.

Actually I really like some of the threads here, since this is basically the first time I came here, and I would probably even visit the site more in the future, but if you all just drop those hatred threads and focus more on the useful side of the forums, like the guides, helping others etc, this site would certainly get a better reputation and who knows, some of the articles could even be featured on the most evil wot blog that man has ever seen (read ftr). Im just saying, that if you want to be the "grown ups", start act like it. What about starting a thread named "Lets make our best guides featured on FTR!" - because it would actually help people (lets face it, the arty guides were a joke :D). I know its easy to generalize and not all of you here were like it, but now all of the people get to know about this site would probably be this thread. And its not giving wotlabs and its community that good of a reputation :)

So that is a point of view of a random guy who came here for the first time. Just think about it, and if you disagree with me, feel free to, but without the elitist and douchebag attitude some of you have towards ftr/silentstalker/whoever. See ya.

This thread was created on the 15th of January of this year and the FTR blog has been around long before that. Arty hate was a problem, but has now been confined to its own thread. Two threads of contained hatred and the rest is either random stuff or helpful. The useful side of the forums seems to be the one focused on. 

I think that the public image disparity is the problem. Those who go to the general forums see a lot of unicums who are assholes to the lower skill level players on the general forums. Unicum= elitist assholes, Wotlabs=lots of unicums, ergo wotlabs=lots of elitist assholes. Wotlabs gets publicity for their opinions of topics they rage about, ergo elitist asshole reputation verified.

SS seems to be a excellent resource to the lower average skill on general forums. His asshole behavior off his site is buried out of sight in long forum posts read only by dedicated forum masters, usually those who spend more time dedicated to the game and therefore more likely to be on wotlabs. He implies that unicums are cheaters, wotlabs rages, publicity is gained, general forums have elitist asshole reputation confirmed again.

I needed to register just to post into this thread. Obviously, SilentStalker is doing a very good job for a long time, all just in his free time and there is a good reason his blog is widely recognized. He is doing a great service for the community, checking out various forums and being in contact with supertesters, developers, staff, etc. and bringing every piece of info he can find to the world.

Yes, I might agree that some of his posts are semi-accurate - hell, it's a LEAKS blog, therefore you need to treat it that way. One of the things he does is also "shaming". Yes, it might not be the best thing to do, but he does it and usually is correct - accused people are usually really found guilty. But in the end of the day, you need to realize it is still just LEAKS blog - none of the info is to be 100% trusted.

Most of you are angry at SS and don't recognize the huge job he is doing for the community, because he has offended you, or directly shamed you. I can tell you I'm reading every single article he writes and comment on most of them. I have never had a single concern connected to him.

If there is a post that shames you directly (as OP stated), accuses you of cheating - I trust SS to the point that he didn't make the stuff up, but many people were reporting you, because they had an issue with you. While it might be just hating on unicums, there usually is some kind of evidence as well. What you can and should do, if you don't feel guilty of what have you been accused, is to write him an e-mail and explain everything in a humble manner. I can see from your posts here and bans on his blog, that you failed this point terribly and probably started shaming and swearing at SS - exactly as you do in here.

You need to realize that your feelings of being offended by SS are most likely only YOUR problem, because you failed to have a humble conversation with him, or are simply too jealous that he has the most successful WoT blog and you don't.

I know that every coin has 2 sides, but I must say I find SS responsible and from what I've read on here, most of you just disrespected/offended him first and that is the reason you yourself feel offended. Please do me a favor and try to take this post not as an offense, but as a suggestion to revise your actions and maybe find a problem also in yourself, not just in SS. I know it's hard to admit a mistake, but if you want to be that greater person you all feel to be over SS, you need to do it.

Again, if I'm completely wrong, I would love to hear why - without disrespect and shaming, but in a constructive and humble manner. Thank you. 

The guy is a racist, homophobic piece of trash.

I think that the public image disparity is the problem. Those who go to the general forums see a lot of unicums who are assholes to the lower skill level players on the general forums. Unicum= elitist assholes, Wotlabs=lots of unicums, ergo wotlabs=lots of elitist assholes. Wotlabs gets publicity for their opinions of topics they rage about, ergo elitist asshole reputation verified.

SS seems to be a excellent resource to the lower average skill on general forums. His asshole behavior off his site is buried out of sight in long forum posts read only by dedicated forum masters, usually those who spend more time dedicated to the game and therefore more likely to be on wotlabs. He implies that unicums are cheaters, wotlabs rages, publicity is gained, general forums have elitist asshole reputation confirmed again.

Bad players will always be upset at good players, there isn't really a way around that unless you figure out a way to seperate the human mind from the human ego. Think it through, really: Do you feel sorry for Donald Trump when he cries about how he can only make 110 million dollars this year due to marginally higher taxes, when he made 120 million last year? Objectively, he lost 10 million dollars but in relative terms it's not like 110 million will put him out of his home. Sad for Donald, not so sad for you, me and public schools or whatever may benefit from that money.

Same goes with red vs purple: Why does the 3000 wn8 72% player get to sperg out and go mad when he will win the next 5 battles anyway and Joe Red will lose at least 3 of those? Mr Purple gets to be awesome all the time and for Joe Red it's once every 30 battles. Even other reds won't give a shit what some 500 wn8 45% says but they perk up when Mr Purple speaks, even if they don't want to admit it. The main difference between WoT and the typical PvP game, though, is that people like SS successfully cultivate an attitude of stagnation and shaming good players, rather than suggesting that people should pay attention to their efforts. One thing that has always mattered in PvP games is that you don't have to like whoever is top of the list but you better listen when he speaks of how to get better and what the issues with the game are. Don't get angry that he sometimes acts like an asshole, get better and knock his ass off the throne. If you think he's talking bullshit, study the mechanics, improve your skills and then slap his shit in-game and in forum debates.

Wotlabs is a place where people can (and usually do) improve because it follows the typical PvP game trend of self-improvement and gathering a repository of resources in the form of guides, replay packs and an open environment where anyone can show up for advice and discuss mechanics and the meta. This rubs the self-entitled the wrong way because effort is for turbonerds who totally don't have a life anyway and they get lucky all the time. From my own experience, I can say that when I occasionally watched some youtube vids and replays back in my low-green days, my focus wasn't at all on what I should have looked at like map positioning, enemy placement, timing etc., it was straight up looking exclusively at what happened at the center of the screen. Thus, when some Tiger driver managed to beat an IS and a KV (back when it had the 152mm derp) I was thinking "that's lucky, why didn't they rush him?", rather than "how did he force his advantage?"

PvP oriented people don't take kindly to that kind of statement, as it implies a lot of luck with no effort and thus they appear "elitist" to the self-entitled instead of simply being realistic and practical. For self-entitled players, it is much much easier to rally behind SS when he says unicums are nazis/cheaters/Insult of the Month and that good players are really just a bunch of meanies on their high horses made of luck and RNG.

Out of morbid curiosity, did anything ever come of that mod SS was going to put out that autoreported people?

C33LZMp.png

Bonus content: 7RKwTuQ.png

Links where SS is homphobic plox

i want proof for when i post in FTR comments

You might want to find the exact article it came from though.

I think Canadiantrex knows more about this.

It used to be good, and the translations/leaks still are. Everything else is trash/boring and his influence on the commuinty has gone to his head and ue now abuses it far more than he should be (which is to say, not at all)

This thread was created on the 15th of January of this year and the FTR blog has been around long before that. Arty hate was a problem, but has now been confined to its own thread. Two threads of contained hatred and the rest is either random stuff or helpful. The useful side of the forums seems to be the one focused on. 

Yeah, fair enough. Though, what are the threads that typical ftr reader like me get to read first. Yeah, you guessed right. Dont get me wrong, I am a unicum myself (although its just a label), but at least on EU server the general opinions on the unicums is that they are just a bunch of elitist assholes. And sadly, this thread doesnt prove that wrong. Which makes me sad, because I agree with most of the topics like arty, corridor maps etc etc. But it gets all buried under the pile of hatred that everybody see first. And if I was an average Joe Tomato and somehow came up to this thread, I would surely not continue to dig up the good stuff like the guides etc. I dont try to hate on anybody here, just saying that this thread doesnt do anybody any good, at least in my opinion.

Yeah, fair enough. Though, what are the threads that typical ftr reader like me get to read first. Yeah, you guessed right. Dont get me wrong, I am a unicum myself (although its just a label), but at least on EU server the general opinions on the unicums is that they are just a bunch of elitist assholes. And sadly, this thread doesnt prove that wrong. Which makes me sad, because I agree with most of the topics like arty, corridor maps etc etc. But it gets all buried under the pile of hatred that everybody see first. And if I was an average Joe Tomato and somehow came up to this thread, I would surely not continue to dig up the good stuff like the guides etc. I dont try to hate on anybody here, just saying that this thread doesnt do anybody any good, at least in my opinion.

thats why these types of threads dont usually last long - this is one of the longest lasting in a while

My post on FTR's Facebook page: (Won't edit anything, at all. This post can be seen in the entry about the 3.2.2015 Q/A post).

I find it funny how you have "Edited" the title of the WoTLabs post you are referring to, from "SS sure does hate us" to "We hate SS".
Now, I speak strictly for myself here, not as a member of the WoTLabs community.

I do not hate you. You haven't done me any personal harm (Other than maybe insulting my ancestors with your less than nicd views about Italy). Hate is a strong word.
I do, however, dislike many things about the things you express, ans the way you express them. I feel this is the case of many, many of those who disagree with you.

Personally, I do not mind many things. I do not mind your hatred and racism, that you have expressed against many (Notably, Romanians, Gypsies, and for what I've heard also Poles among others). I do not hate these groups, because I know that there are good and bad people among all groups. I also believe people has the right to hate whoever they damn please, as long as they aren't actually hurting anyone. If you think I should be sent to an extermination camp, I wish to know it. I want to live in a world in which you have the right to tell me that you wish I was sent to one. Words shouldn't hurt us anyway.
I do not mind your hatred for homosexuals and transsexuals. Same case as before, words are just that, even if I do not agree with them.
I do not mind your seemingly ultranationalist view. You have the right to think yourself superior to everybody else or to think your nation superior to every other nation. I actually agree that a certain messure of nationalism is needed for the correct development of all nations. I do not hold your opinions against you even if I feel they are many times wrong or naïve. They are just that, opinions.

I do not mind your hatred for great players. From a perspective of mediocrity, it is easy to hold a grudge against those better than you. I was there at some point, but then I learned better (And the AMAZING community over at WoTLabs taught me this). I believe your displeasure for those superior to you in an online game, and your suspicion of their, let's call it "Legitness" comes not from stupidity or malice, but from ignorance. And as I believe this, I can not mind it, because ignorance you can fix. I am a proof of this. I know myself ignorant of many things, and I fight every day to be a little less ignorant. I am convinced you too could follow the same path if you wanted, because I am pretty sure you are not stupid.

Now, what I DO mind? I do mind your hipocrisy, and your lies.
You have plenty of times acted as a political correctness warrior, while at the same time trying to hide your hatred and your grudges against people, communities or nations.
I feel this is wrong. As I said before, it's not your hatred thst bothers me, it's your unwillingness to admit it, and your hipocrisy when it comes to pointing at other people's hatred, that bothers me.
In the same way, that it bothers me that you claim to wage a war against unfair play, while at the same time willingly distributing material that will cause unfair play among your community, or even going as far as advising your community on how to better complete IM's by suiciding in artillery, or wanting a mod that automatically reports people YOU dislike, or choose based on your own prejudice and at your own discretion (Which, let's be honest, is also unfair. In Law, you do not prosecute a person for the same crime more than once, which is what your mod intended to do. Report over and over again the same person for one offense).
Also, doxxing people... That's a no-no. You wouldn't like if somebody that disliked you did that to you, nor would I... Not even getting into the discussion of whether that is legal or not.

I understand that you may resort to these yellow press-ish actions to get more traffic for your website. I know scandal buys clicks, but I believe your blog has the potential to not need such tactics to do well.

Take this as you may. Feel free to address it if you wish. Just remember, I represent myself and only myself when I say this.
I have given you the benefit of civility and reasoned speech, something that I admit not all have done. I want to believe that this may be the right way to address this issue, and that it can be done like civilized grown ups.

Also, long wall of text is long.

All in all, I wish SS would stop being a hypocrite. It's really the only problem I have with him. The rest of the issues I see with him, are easy to fix if there was any effort put into it. Hypocrisy on the other hand is a much different issue, much deeper than ignorance or malice and, in my opinion, even worse than stupidity (Which I do not think SS is).

Edit: Edition and formatting is terrible. My apologies.

Edited by FlavioB

I'll put my hand up and say i'll gladly throw 5 quid every month to someone who can do this.

Just think about it, potentially unlimited money!

Somebody needs to make a gif of that.

UUUULIIIIIIMMMMMIIITED MMMMMMOOOONNNNEYYYYYY!!!!!

Sam Jackson / SS gets hurled out the window.

Ok the countdown has started. Let´s see if this doxing get removed. :D  I will check it every day from now on :P

Ok more than 7 days have passed and nothing happend. The Patreon mail seemed to be a appeasement gesture for internet moaner. :/