Scout_in_da_house

IM: Light tanks "guide"

Allrighty, finished the first 14 missions of the light tanks and can't be bothered to spam battle until I get Malinovka. Some descriptions are rather unclear, so I made a list of them and added info. Also added the tank/tier that I think is best for completing them, almost all of them are do-able in just one battle.

Mission #1 At lower tiers, your light tank can easily neutralize every other type of vehicles.

Dis is real hard.

• Main – Win the battle. Be among the top 10 players on your team by experience earned.
    Additional – Survive the battle.

Mission #2 One of the main objectives of light tanks is to spot enemy vehicles.
Something fast.

• Main – Be the first on your team to spot at least 2 enemy vehicles.

Mission #3 Light tanks should always be on the move. Knowing how to shoot precisely while moving is a great skill to have.
Luchs because that cannon is too easy, just drive a little forward and backward if you can't circle targets.

• Main – Cause damage to at least 3 enemy vehicles while on the move.
    Additional – Destroy an enemy vehicle while on the move.

Mission #4 Destroy the track of an enemy vehicle, thus immobilizing and exposing it to the fire of your teammates’ more powerful guns.

HE baby. VK28 is still one of my favourite lights. T49 would be nice, but has longer games.

• Main – Destroy the track of an enemy vehicle.
    Additional – The vehicles immobilized by you must receive damage.

Mission #5 On these battle levels, light tanks are becoming increasingly vulnerable to enemy fire. Do what light tanks do best—expose enemy positions—to achieve the best efficiency in battle.
You want quick battles, so Luchs/T37 for me.

• Main – Spot an enemy vehicle and assist your allies in destroying it.
    Additional – Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause damage to at least 2 vehicles spotted by you.

Mission #6 Light tanks are the eyes of your team. They help to spot the enemy and keep the enemy positions visible during the battle.
Used RU because I love it, would recommend t6-t8 lights because low tiers are pretty random.

• Main – Spot 2 enemy vehicles before they spot you.

Mission #7 Enemy artillery is a priority target for light tanks. If you destroy it, you will greatly increase the chance of victory for your team.
YOU HAVE TO KILL IT - LUCHS DOES NOT WORK
Try to use a tier 6 light for quick battles with a lot of arty in it. I think I used VK or T71.
First battle my stupid brain thought I had to let my team finish off the artillery so I drove circles for nothing. Second battle I killed one in the Luchs but for some reason mission was not completed (killed artillery may have been below tier 4 - yeah, it was a sturmpanzer).

• Main – Spot an enemy SPG and assist your allies in destroying it.

Mission #8 Surprise enemy base capture or attacking the enemy from the rear are great ways to turn the tide of the battle in your favor.
Low tier so you can abuse lemming trains and convince team to cap. Did mine in Luchs and took me two battles because team finished the last enemy at like 80cap pts. Platooning can help here.

• Main – Win the battle by capturing the enemy base. Earn at least 25% of the total base capture points.
    Additional – Do not receive any hits during the enemy base capture.

Mission #9 Damage caused with your assistance is the most important statistics for light tanks. If these statistics are high, that means you were an asset for the team in battle.
Low tier would be best suited to get it over with, get something quick.

• Main – Spot at least 2 enemy vehicles or destroy their tracks. 
    Additional – Use the following equipment: Coated Optics or Binocular Telescope.

Mission #10 Good concealment means a greater chance of survival in battle.
This mission... Camo net hurr durr!
Okay, I parked my light (RU) in a bush, kept spotting enemies, got over 3k assist damage but at one point I was the only survivor with 5+ enemies searching me, drowned myself before they could spot me. This one really promotes the trying to win mentality boys!
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SURVIVE THE BATTLE

YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMAIN UNSPOTTED THE WHOLE BATTLE - only the 1k assist damage has to be obtained while being a ninja

• Main – Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 1,000 HP of damage to vehicles spotted by you. Remain unspotted.
    Additional – Use the Camouflage Net equipment, and have a Camouflage that corresponds to the season.

Mission #11 The most efficient battle party for the light tanks is an SPG in the Platoon or a well-coordinated play with your SPG-driving teammates.
Platoon an RU/WZ with a CGC (thanks Tedster).

• Main – Join a battle as part of a Platoon including 1 or 2 SPGs (or 1 light tank and 1 SPG). Enable your allies to cause at least 1,500 HP of damage to the vehicles spotted by you. Members of your Platoon must cause at least 1,000 HP of damage.
    Additional – Survive the battle. Win the battle.

Mission #12 Three small, fast, and well-coordinated light tanks in one Platoon? The enemy is going to have a very bad day.
! DOES NOT REQUIRE THREE TANKS PLATOON !
Finished it in RU with Tedster in another light. I didn't even make 2k spot damage (a little more than 1.9k)

• Main – Join a battle as part of a Platoon of light tanks. Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 2,000 HP of damage to the vehicles spotted by you.
    Additional – At least 1 member of the Platoon must survive the battle.

Mission #13 The higher the tier of your light tank, the more firepower you get, in addition to the speed, the view range, and good concealment.
Anything really, tier 6 probably would be best for quicker games if you don't succeed in the first battle.

• Main – Destroy an enemy vehicle that is the same tier as your vehicle or higher.
    Additional – Cause at least 500 HP of damage.

Mission #14 The higher your battle efficiency, the more experience you will get after the battle. Show them what your light tank is capable of!
T37, finished it with RU because I didn't check the requirement before entering battle.

• Main – Finish the battle as the top player on your team by experience earned.
    Additional – Win the battle.

Mission #15 It’s time to show the enemy what a real light tank can do!
Still doing it, cycling RU and WZ until I get malinovka.

• Main – Assist your allies in causing at least 4,000 HP of damage by spotting enemy vehicles or destroying enemy vehicles’ tracks.
    Additional – Spot an enemy vehicle or destroy its track. This enemy vehicle must consequently be destroyed.

Damage caused with your assistance is the most important statistics for light tanks. If these statistics are high, that means you were an asset for the team in battle.

Lol... 

For LT6, how does it work? Do the enemies have to have not been spotted before? Can you yourself be spotted by them at any point?

No idea, you just play the battle as you normally would in a light tank. I suppose you can be spotted by them later (for example you drive into their view range and shoot). You'd probably want to avoid tier 8 lights as they meet things with more vision, but I've been having ridiculous MM in them too.

Lol... 

It's copied from ftr... :)

My overall impression is that these missions are quite good really (at least for the light tanks). You can play them carefree, make credits ridiculously fast (most missions are just one battle) and they make you use your map and keyboard.

Battles seem to be much more fun with these missions, pace is much higher and there's less camping. The kill stealers are all online though.

Update, finished mission 6 after many hours of not knowing how2play light tanks.

The worst game I had today, was the one I finished it in. Alright kthxno, time to not play for a week now.

Question: I heard somewhere that you need Tier VI and up for these missions, but here you say that you used the Luchs for a bunch of them?

Or is it only the StuG IV that you can use Tier IVs for?

I have a fully kitted-out ELC AMX that would wreck most of these missions, provided I could use it.

"guide" the main intention was to clear up things that I found very confusing myself. If there are other things unclear and people have an answer to it, I'll add to OP of course.

"guide" the main intention was to clear up things that I found very confusing myself. If there are other things unclear and people have an answer to it, I'll add to OP of course.

Thanks man! I'm having a ball with the missions atm!

also dat youtube.

Subbed.

So........am I not understanding LT-5 mission?  Because I really thought this one would count...

X2Z1io8.jpg

JhdD2Sg.jpg

I mean, I spotted the tanks and I got damaged assisted.  The AT-15 I even got assisted spotting and assisted detracking?

So........am I not understanding LT-5 mission?  Because I really thought this one would count...

X2Z1io8.jpg

JhdD2Sg.jpg

I mean, I spotted the tanks and I got damaged assisted.  The AT-15 I even got assisted spotting and assisted detracking?

Just unlocked (and tried to do) this mission myself. Got 1800 spotting damage, and some dinky ~50 track damage, killed 3 tanks, and did ~1300 damage on my own in my ELC AMX.

Didn't get the unlock.

This means that this mission requires your teammates to KILL a tank that is being spotted by you and only you. Pretty crappy design IMO. 1800 spotting damage, but no one finished my targets, so I had to do it for them.

Only two possible explanations I can think of

1. You didn't spot the enemy vehicles while they were killed (I'm fairly sure that is always the case when I spot them).

A useful trick to be certain it is your spotting damage is drive up to them, circle them and proxy spot them in the process.

2. Bug, I've once played two different classes and missions in two different battles. Mission requirements were fulfilled but only one completed. Later on, I had the same scenario but both missions did complete. WG I guess.

LT-8 is not easy at all. I've had some great games in my VK and Type 64, but capping is not something you can force.

Maybe I'll have to re-buy my Luchs or...some other light at tier 4.

Either that or just drive my Duck straight at the enemy.

55nyib.gif

LT-8 is not easy at all. I've had some great games in my VK and Type 64, but capping is not something you can force.

I've been contemplating triple light platoon cap rushes, if I can get my friends to go along with me.

Mission #10 Good concealment means a greater chance of survival in battle.

This mission... Camo net hurr durr!

Okay, I parked my light (RU) in a bush, kept spotting enemies, got over 3k assist damage but at one point I was the only survivor with 5+ enemies searching me, drowned myself before they could spot me. This one really promotes the trying to win mentality boys!

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SURVIVE THE BATTLE

• Main – Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 1,000 HP of damage to vehicles spotted by you. Remain unspotted.

Additional – Use the Camouflage Net equipment, and have a Camouflage that corresponds to the season.

Just finished this mission after at least a dozen tries.  The few times I was on maps that I knew where the bushes to camp were, other lights would go yolo'ing passed me and steal all the assisted damage.  I had one game I didn't move and was certain I had 3k+, and ended up with about 500.  So bad.

_YOU CAN BE SPOTTED_ and still complete the mission ... I camped the 0-line on Fisherman's Bay and watched light after light yolo passed me and die, and I was certain I didn't get any spotting.  Towards the end of the match I figured I needed to at least get some damage out of the game, so took a couple shots (and was detected) on their last remaining heavy, then went after their arty.

Mission completed, and even got the ~$35k bonus (after spending way more than that putting 7 day camo on a bunch of lights).  So I'm guessing you only need to do the 1000dmg spotting while unspotted.  I was only lit at the end of the game, but I bet I could have been lit prior and it would have counted.

For the final mission platoon with arty or tds with poor camo, like my 420 view range jpe100. The light can yell out targets on ts3 and the platoon mates can help deal out that assist damage. I helped a friend finish it on redshire and our toon was Bullydog, jpe100, and ConqGC.

I scraped the 1k damage unspotted mission the same way. I lit the middle in swamp and had a 268 swat things until some prick in a WZ131 decided to donut around the middle and take my assistance.

Mission #15 It’s time to show the enemy what a real light tank can do!

Still doing it, cycling RU and WZ until I get malinovka.

• Main – Assist your allies in causing at least 4,000 HP of damage by spotting enemy vehicles or destroying enemy vehicles’ tracks.

Additional – Spot an enemy vehicle or destroy its track. This enemy vehicle must consequently be destroyed.

For this high tier Prokhorova/Fiery Salient is excellent. At start rush E1 bush and hope to get there unspotted. Then later or if forced to move go active spotting middle for friendly clickers/hill snipers which can net some nice spot damage. And at end game rush corner to spot enemy arties for some more assists.

Edited by sahtila

I'm having major difficulty with the scout for 1000 damage unspotted. Getting pubs to shoot at things, and while never being detected, is proving painful. Any tips/recommended scouts? I have 59-16, Type 64, 13 75, Luchs, and T37. None with Sixth Sense, though the T37 will have it in about 5 more battles.

Edit: Nevermind. Literally the round after I wrote this, I kemped bush in malinovka for 1700 damage. Which seams impossible, as the team only got 5 kills in total. Nobody wanted to go hill....

Lt-10 stalled me for awhile, couldn't get the right map. Finally achieved it on Westfield with a 1390 going the super pub way and lighting for mediums camping bridge.

4k spotting damage and wasn't lit the entire match. At one point I lit another 1390 at a range of 150m and he didn't light me back. Binocs and camo net ftw