KrVa46

Individual missions: Q & A

Hi,

Don't think there is a global topic yet on questions for individual missions like we have the "quick questions / quick answers" topic.

Since there are plenty of people with specific questions on a specific mission, probably best to group them here instead of creating new topics every time.

To keep things organized, questions could be made like this:

1. Target tank

2. Vehicle class

3. # of mission you have a question

4. your question

To start, I've got one:

1. STUG IV

2. Lights

3. Mission #10: 1000 spotting damage.  Remain undected

4. Pretty straight forward on the spotting requirement, but fussy about the "undetected" part.  Does this mean I have to be undected while my team mates do the 1000 damage based on my spotting and I can be spotted later on and actively participate in the battle?  Or do I have to remain undetected the whole battle?

Thanks,

I think the spotting mission requires you to stay stealth the entire game, not a 100% sure though.

OK, fun.  So this means that as soon as I get prokhorovka, malinovka, lakeville, ... I park myself in a bush.  When I have 1000 spotting damage I fall back and do shit anymore.  Or better yet, just suicide to make sure you aren't spotted by accident.  Since there is no win requirement it doesn't matter anyway ...

Good thing these missions are designed to teach you how to drive your tanks ...

[...]

Good thing these missions are designed to teach you how to drive your tanks ...

... straight into water.

----------------

1. Stug IV
2. HT
3.  Mission #7: participate in a successful capture of enemy base
4. Win battle through cap or finish battle with some cap points?

Win by capping.  Some cap points is not enough.

Same missions are there for the lights and meds.  Another prime example of teaching the potatoes good tactics ...

According to the about IM's you just need to remain unspotted until you do/spot the amount of damage required.

LOL, I thought his "the latter" reply refered to the SPG#2 question.  Where the latter is "remain undected the whole battle" ... :)

Anyone with experience on this perhaps?

1. Stug IV

2.  HT

3. Destroy one internal module or crewmember of enemy tank (win, survive)

- be in top 3 in damage (survive)

4. I've completed the main goal but I was in a separate battle when that battle ended, but I had a couple battles before that where I did critical damage to tanks and survived but wasn't awarded it. So is it 1 module and crew member or is it just bugged? 

1. Stug IV

2.  HT

3. Destroy one internal module or crewmember of enemy tank (win, survive)

- be in top 3 in damage (survive)

4. I've completed the main goal but I was in a separate battle when that battle ended, but I had a couple battles before that where I did critical damage to tanks and survived but wasn't awarded it. So ishe it 1 module and crew member or is it just bugged? 

nah its just because you are a jimbo skreb  jk  :D

but on-topic same things happening to me death,very annoying  >:| must be a bug me thinks

You probably didn't destroy 1 module or 1 crew, but multiple.  So no mission completion for you, you capatalist pig!! :)

But seriously, probably a bug.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if the above is true as well ...

Guess it could hinge on the definition of internal module? If internal is in fact a key part of that statement, tracks would not qualify. Gun and viewports could go either way. Maybe it refers to radio, engine and fuel tanks only?

Can someone explain how it is possible to complete these missions without playing arty? I do NOT play arty at all. Zero - zilch - Nimmer!

I understand it is possible to do so, just would like some clarification on how to. 

Can someone explain how it is possible to complete these missions without playing arty? I do NOT play arty at all. Zero - zilch - Nimmer!

I understand it is possible to do so, just would like some clarification on how to. 

You have to fulfil every primary and secondary conditions from HT, MT, LT and TD to complete the stage.

Guess it could hinge on the definition of internal module? If internal is in fact a key part of that statement, tracks would not qualify. Gun and viewports could go either way. Maybe it refers to radio, engine and fuel tanks only?

Internal modules: engine, radio, turret, ammo rack, fuel tanks, crew. 

You have to fulfil every primary and secondary conditions from HT, MT, LT and TD to complete the stage.

Well then, missed 2 on my medium list already - arty one shotted in both games...

nah its just because you are a jimbo skreb  jk  :D

but on-topic same things happening to me death,very annoying  >:| must be a bug me thinks

I got the primary task completed with one shot from an Is-3 on a T30 damaged track and killed radio man I did not live or win so no secondary.

To start, I've got one:

1. STUG IV

2. Lights

3. Mission #10: 1000 spotting damage.  Remain undected

4. Pretty straight forward on the spotting requirement, but fussy about the "undetected" part.  Does this mean I have to be undected while my team mates do the 1000 damage based on my spotting and I can be spotted later on and actively participate in the battle?  Or do I have to remain undetected the whole battle?

Thanks,

Nowhere in the requirements does it say you have to survive/win?  Simple:  Get the 1k spotting damage while undetected, go and drown.

Seriously, I dislike these missions because it promotes bad play.

The way i did it, was just shot 2 HE rounds as my first shots in the VK72, then played the rest of the match normally. Actually got lucky that the first thing i ran in to was a WT...1k damage in the bag, first shot.

IDk what exactly I destroyed, but I think a couple HE rounds from a large caliber gun is a safe bet that you'll at least knock out a crew member.

Must you complete EVERY secondary mission to get the extra token, or only the 15th secondary mission? Because the latter is what it looks like to me, merely judging from the missions tab.

Okay, my plea for help:

StuG IV, Medium, MT-9: The Incinerator.

Setting tanks on fire is always a nice, but seemingly random event, for me.  I've never paid attention to which tanks burn easier than others, or if what I set them on fire matters.

What medium tank would be optimum for completing the mission in the fewest tries?  High alpha guns (DERP on the M4?, T20's top gun?) vs. pew-pew (Cromwell?)?  Maybe more importantly, are there certain tiers to play in that may have tanks that burn easier than others?  I have mediums up as far as the Pershing, Comet, T-54, and Type 58.

Okay, my plea for help:

StuG IV, Medium, MT-9: The Incinerator.

Setting tanks on fire is always a nice, but seemingly random event, for me.  I've never paid attention to which tanks burn easier than others, or if what I set them on fire matters.

What medium tank would be optimum for completing the mission in the fewest tries?  High alpha guns (DERP on the M4?, T20's top gun?) vs. pew-pew (Cromwell?)?  Maybe more importantly, are there certain tiers to play in that may have tanks that burn easier than others?  I have mediums up as far as the Pershing, Comet, T-54, and Type 58.

Some general guidelines:

- From my ~8k experience, Russians and Chinese get lit up the most: flank and aim for the rear of the tank.

F[ x x x x x x x ]B <-- assuming that's the side view of the tank, with F and B representing front and back respectively, aim the general area where I bolded the two x's.

- You can look up module damage statistics for every tank gun (just Google around). In general, higher alpha damage guns do more module damage per-shot, but of course have a longer reload. The best thing to do is to find a high DPM gun with above-average alpha, such as the T-34-85. Slapping people for 160 damage per shot with a ~5 second reload is quite nice indeed.

- Some tanks have external fuel tanks right on the tank (generally near the rear). Aim for those if possible.

- Deadeye perk increases module damage chance: if you happened to train some medium with this perk, try and use it to get the fire started. Note: you need 100% in the perk for it to work.

Of course, this is one of those RNG-related missions, so it all depends on how lucky you get. But you can maximize your chances by playing lower-tier tanks (where you generally have more room to manuver) and flanking and aiming for side / rear shots on Russian and Chinese tanks. Good luck!

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/17/ims-mission-exploit/

Lovely, SilentStalker teaches the masses how to screw up our game even more.

Besides, got one myself:

1. Stug IV
2. LT-7
3.  Mission #7: Spot an enemy SPG and assist your allies in destroying it.
4. Destroy it yourself (which helps your allies) or help your allies into destroying it?

From my testing it could be the first (destroy it yourself) because when I spotted an enemy T92 and my allies destroyed it (I got 500 hp spotting dmg), the mission did not complete.

For LT7, you need to spot the arty, damage it yourself, and it must eventually die (doesn't matter who kills it).

I tried spotting for my arty to kill, and the mission did not complete. The second time, I spotted and damaged it, I died, and quit to garage. Nobody else shot at that arty for that period it was lit, but it was killed subsequently and I got the mission done.