IAmA_Tank_AMA

Are Individual Missions Even Possible?

I haven't been playing the E100 for a very long time and I've already had a few games that would have qualified for the 14k.

It's hard, but not impossible. I think there's a decent chance to score it within ~100 games.

If you get lucky you might even be able to farm it by first having a good game and leaving one very red player alive at the end and just messing with him until you think you've racked up enough blocked damage (or until he runs out of ammo, for extra lulz).

I got stuck on the arty mission (mt-7) for the majority of the day yesterday as I went more than half my games with no arty at all. Once I completed the mission, I went three games in a row with only a single medium on the other team.

8k damage blocked/dealt is too high for the new-ish players the Stug IV mission should be geared toward (see HT-15 on the stug campaign). That campaign includes helpful tips like "don't suicide scout," so clearly it's not geared toward a 10k purple, but rather a 3kish red/yellow. I talked to lowbies in various streams throughout the day that were baffled at that mission, and the 4k damage TD mission. "Minimum tier 4? I'd need a tier 10 to do this!" most of them would say. It shouldn't be a gimmie, but the first campaign in the set should at least be possible for a newbie with nothing more than a tier 7.

I haven't been playing the E100 for a very long time and I've already had a few games that would have qualified for the 14k.

It's hard, but not impossible. I think there's a decent chance to score it within ~100 games.

If you get lucky you might even be able to farm it by first having a good game and leaving one very red player alive at the end and just messing with him until you think you've racked up enough blocked damage (or until he runs out of ammo, for extra lulz).

That leaving the red player alive idea could actually work, but extremely situational 

That leaving the red player alive idea could actually work, but extremely situational 

To be honest all those missions are extremely situational.

One could also hope to encounter a fail platoon.

I remember fighting a IS in my 263 on Ruinberg. He was the last tank alive. I pushed him into a ruined building and trapped him. He literally couldnt damage me.

Now a tier 7 doing THAT much damage is unhelpful, but maybe if you got lucky pushing a tier 8 into the same spot and he's a baddie/has no gold....

i activate the missions and pick a tank for it, but I don't really actively try to do the missions in game.

I just play the game, and if I get it, I get it. A lot of these missions are mostly RNG anyways.

I'm thinking this is the best way to go if you want to keep your head and/or desk from breaking

I didn't know I had to "start" them individually. I fucking yoloed 6 times trying to be the first to spot 2 enemies...

Join the club :(

@ Strana it's tragic how many potatos hate platooning.

@ Strana it's tragic how many potatos hate platooning.

Not normally my cup of tea either, and it does seem to make the term "personal missions" a bit of a misnomer, but I can't countenance their hair on fire overreaction. Like, really, this is the last straw for you?

I've seen a lot of mediums on lately, what server are you playing on? I've noticed a lot more light tanks though, for sure 

US East.  My matches yesterday were mostly ~3 lights, ~3 arti, ~5 TDs, rest heavies and meds.  

i activate the missions and pick a tank for it, but I don't really actively try to do the missions in game.

I just play the game, and if I get it, I get it. A lot of these missions are mostly RNG anyways.

I gave the same advice, and try to follow it.  Not always successful.

Fortunately, the first (and I assume second) levels of the campaigns allow me to use things like the T67, which makes one branch of missions quite easy.  Shoot things without being seen?  T67.  Shoot things?  T67.  Shoot different things?  T67.  Shoot things a few times in a row?  T67.  

T67 in TD missions is like Martin Luther King on a Black History test:  Almost always the right answer.

Here is one of my older games, received 12.790 potential damage.

eio4gk.jpg

10k+ potential damage received is achievable reliably with IS-4 family of tanks (KV-4 and onwards). It might be a good choice to complete this mission.

Edited by Derathor

What are the best SPGs for these missions? I already have an FV304, but I doubt it can accomplish some of the Object 260 missions.

304, M40/43, ConqGC

There's a list of ideal tanks for each mission that someone put up around there. 

Not unreasonable to hit 8k blocked 6k dealt in an IS-7.

This.

Play IS-7, get a map with good terrain, flank enemy team hull down, farm damage/received, finish the mission. Since it takes in to account everything to get the total (damage dealt, blocked, received), hitting 14k actually isn't nearly as difficult as it sounds, if you're playing like a heavy. I definitely would suggest the IS-7 over the E100 for this.

304, M40/43, ConqGC

There's a list of ideal tanks for each mission that someone put up around there.

yep. You can also add the lefh18 for those who have it.

304, M40/43, ConqGC

Mind linking it? I couldn't find it myself.

Also, nobody seems to have a problem with the final light mission? 4K spotting/tracking? That's pretty darn steep tbh :/ And that's only the first one

Especially with all those high tier lights and meds with as much if not more view range and speed than you zooming around the battlefields :x

I just completed the HT-15 mission in my E100 - in my first attempt. Played on Karelia where the enemy won the hill within the first minute. I did 4k damage and only bounced a few shots (2k potential) but since I got killed I also received 2.7k damage and that put me above the limit. It wasn't even a particularly good game and given better conditions I would have been able to do more damage and block more - making the higher requirements attainable as well. It may take a while, but if you get the right map and matchup any stage of the missions are doable. Just wish for luck that the MM likes you enough to give you city maps for heavy tanks when you need it.

For the "Set someone on Fire", in meds, do you think T6 or T10 has the better chance?  

Rarely do I set anyone on fire, but now that I HAVE to it isn't going to well.  I've been LFP'ing every german I can find, and HESH'ing E100's in the rear...  (That produces funny results, let me tell you, when it doesn't pen 3 times in a row.  "WTF FV??? HE?? gold noob!!")