Deusmortis

Weal or Woe: Tales From Individual Missions

Love them or hate them, missions are here.  With them come aggravating or exhilarating experiences too strange for fiction.  Let's share some:

LT7:  Spot an enemy SPG and assist your team in destroying it.

I knew from Scout_in_da_house's guide that this mission could be completed by destroying the SPG with no assistance from your team.  That was my intention going in.  I got several failing teams in a row that melted before I could even make a suicide run at the enemy arti.  Eventually got a match on Tundra in my RU.  As was commonly seen yesterday, each team had several lights.  I made an initial approach toward the brawling hill, but bailed when I saw it was unassailable.  Team was starting to fail hard once again.

I disengaged, and redeployed toward middle.  Ran right up into the enemy base, thinking that I could maybe kill the SPG, salvaging mission completion out of the inevitable loss.  Evaded the base camping heavy, and got into the back of the base having only been hit by a sniping T71.  Found the arti, killed it, and figured my task was done.  Thinking I might farm up a bit more damage, I traversed the entire map from east to west in order to get behind the enemy's successful west corridor push.  Also, east was still overrun, giving me no other way to go.

Pushed around and through, but the enemy had pushed on to base already.  Did a bit of peeking, and killed their capping E 75.  And then the IS-6...  50 100 charged me, but I terrain abused him for the kill.  A pershing, who had foolishly chosen to snipe in the NW corner instead of countering me, approached next.  He was in full SPG boner mode though, and was quickly consumed.  Somehow, we were now ahead.  A minute or two of cleanup later, the match which had been a certain loss ended as a win + mission completion.

MT7:  Kill the arti.

I was having a good run overall in meds.  Forgot how much I enjoy the E 50.  Of course, as soon as I get the mission to kill an SPG, I get a series of teams that win faster than I can get to the SPGs, or finish my kills after I lowroll a shot on target, or fail so quickly that no opportunity to find the arti exists.  I finally decide I will press the issue, abandoning good tactics in favor of completing the mission.  

I get Steppes, encounter mode.  3 enemy SPGs.  South spawn.  I delay for a moment, hoping the enemy meds will commit toward cap and leave me a path to the arti.  I work my way up the middle and encounter the enemy M41.  M41 was quickly thereafter reinforced by a (lol) MT25.  Cleaned them both up, but I knew my intentions were now known.  Pressed on anyway.

Got to the enemy base, and saw a 54/55 in the open.  Shot sails high, allowing him to escape.  Spot a second SPG behind the rails.  Shot rolls low damage, SPG takes cover behind the trains.  Now, an enemy 54E1 and Type 61 have moved in to engage me.  This is good for the team, as it means east side is abandoned.  It's bad for me, however, since it makes an arti run impossible.  I dig in, and do what E 50s do to bads.  I bully.  I draw shots into the strong hull.  They fail to swarm.  Eventually, I kill them both, as well as a 13 90 that joined in.  My team is cleaning up the east and west flanks.  Arti hunt resumes, but too many tanks have shots now.  

My suicidal middle arti rush results in 5 enemy tanks dead, enough damage dealt and blocked to have completed HT15, and precisely 0 SPGs killed...

Mission #5 On these battle levels, light tanks are becoming increasingly vulnerable to enemy fire. Do what light tanks do best—expose enemy positions—to achieve the best efficiency in battle.

• Main – Spot an enemy vehicle and assist your allies in destroying it.

Additional – Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause damage to at least 2 vehicles spotted by you.

Played this game:

X2Z1io8.jpg

Found out that somehow doesn't satisfy LT-5 mission requirements.

Quit trying.

My only tale of woe so far is completing two of the missions........but then realizing I forgot to hit the start button.  What a dumbass.

My win rate has gone into the dumpster since the beginning of the WZ mission.  Recent had been 58-59% for almost 4 months.  It's gone into a tailspin since people started tunnelvisioning the WZ and now the PM missions.  I am not to the "able to carry the majority of my matches" ability yet, and win by trying to be where I need to be, when I need to be there, and helping my team-mates.  It seems that is getting harder to do. And I am paying for it.

Said o7 to deus, got ignored, the feels

Played this game:

Found out that somehow doesn't satisfy LT-5 mission requirements.

Quit trying.

Yeah that is a fucking regarded translation fail. The mission is "help your team by destroying the arty" but the re-use "assist" which already has a clear game definition

CHAI_sniper, ebola_monkey, and myself were running through some of them last night. Had a match on Fjords (sr360 was on the enemy team, actually). CHAI was trying to get the MT mission for killing an arty, playing a bat. We cleared a path to their base, he heads out on to the arty shitlord peninsula they all sit on...and spots him just in time to see him drown himself. I think he played something like 15 matches before he finally got one.

An SPG on my team announced that damaging your own team counted towards individual missions.

So I BL-10ed him.

AWWWW HELL YES!!!! Time to teamkill my red pubbie arty and complete the missions :)

In all seriousness though, I hear these missions are bringing out the worst players and quite honestly I'm kinda scared about even playing tommorrow.......

The good news is that this is just like a patch rush, it will die down in like 2 months, as pubbies figure out mentally that "WELL SHIT, I'm not good enough to get these missions done."

AWWWW HELL YES!!!! Time to teamkill my red pubbie arty and complete the missions :)

In all seriousness though, I hear these missions are bringing out the worst players and quite honestly I'm kinda scared about even playing tommorrow.......

The good news is that this is just like a patch rush, it will die down in like 2 months, as pubbies figure out mentally that "WELL SHIT, I'm not good enough to get these missions done."

If people try do to primary+secondary missions as the situations come up in-game it would be a good thing. But as folks have figured out the secondary mission really doesn't matter (and seem to want to get through these as fast as possible so the yolo is strong atm) it's a giant shitstorm.

Zo8woNS.jpg

113: pushes to hill, gets insta-nuked

JPE: Sits in base, gets insta-nuked

AT-15: Sits in base, gets insta-nuked

AMX 50-100: Tries to get the scout dug out, gets insta-nuked

704 is shooting HE trying to damage modules. Gets nuked

T-32 knocks over trees, watch him get wrecked for 1400 health by cancer

Bulldog suicides trying to dig out the scout. 

Our arties cant hit shit cause they just dont have the time. The STB and I are 1 vs 8. 

Sigh.

The LTTB gets 7.3k spotting, T49 gets 2.2k.

Map is malinovka... fucking fuck hell

If people try do to primary+secondary missions as the situations come up in-game it would be a good thing. But as folks have figured out the secondary mission really doesn't matter (and seem to want to get through these as fast as possible so the yolo is strong atm) it's a giant shitstorm.

If I understand it correctly, the secondaries DO matter. In fact, completing all the secondaries eliminates the need to do an entire class, such as SPG's, provided you get all the secondaries an all 4 of the others.

If I understand it correctly, the secondaries DO matter. In fact, completing all the secondaries eliminates the need to do an entire class, such as SPG's, provided you get all the secondaries an all 4 of the others.

From what I can tell in the campaign UI you only need to do the secondary objectives for the <class>.15 mission. From what I recall (at work so can't double check) the reward for which being (primary: 4 tokens + female crew, secondary: 1 token).

From what I can tell in the campaign UI you only need to do the secondary objectives for the <class>.15 mission. From what I recall (at work so can't double check) the reward for which being (primary: 4 tokens + female crew, secondary: 1 token).

I saw a comment that the secondary wasn't available unless the other 14 had also been completed. I would not rely on that until you have concrete information to that effect.

I saw a comment that the secondary wasn't available unless the other 14 had also been completed. I would not rely on that until you have concrete information to that effect.

That would make sense.... otherwise there's little reason to retry the missions to upgrade the completion status. I've been trying to get "with honours" so it's not a huge deal but imagine the tears will be real when yoloers figure that one out (if true).

I might just do all of the lines (at least for the StuGIV) if that means you can get an extra crew because they are awesome sauce.

I'm kinda scared about even playing tommorrow.......

I solo'd LT1-7 last night in my Type 64 and T71, was doing over 3K WN8 (cause lol light tanks) and close to 70% WR...so don't be too scared, if I can do that you should be fine.

Yeah, doing the missions in order sucks.

Have to give props to LordFozy(?) and a couple of platoon members that helped my get the arty damage + unspotted mission in Himmelsdorf :) Went 1/2 line and they controlled it so no threat there, solid win too.

Tried doing TD 7 and was failing hard at it because I don't do well sitting back sniping. You have to kill a tank before taking any damage, and to me that says sit back and camp. My E3 just was not working that mission for me, so I decided to play something a lot softer and lower tier, and hopefully pull something out of my hat. End up with this game instead: 

DiGvFVU.jpg

Tried doing TD 7 and was failing hard at it because I don't do well sitting back sniping. You have to kill a tank before taking any damage, and to me that says sit back and camp. My E3 just was not working that mission for me, so I decided to play something a lot softer and lower tier, and hopefully pull something out of my hat. End up with this game instead: 

Did it in the OBJ 704... obliterated some poor scout in the middle of Fjords...

I have been turning on the individual mission for the tank class I am playing, but I don't read it. If I accomplish the mission by chance, great. I feel like it will turn me into an idiot if I even glance at the mission.

Remember the Monty Python sketch with the joke that would make people die laughing? A platoon of soldiers would each get a placard with one word of the joke. They would then line up in the proper order and show the joke to the enemy, who would die laughing. The punch line was that a friendly soldier once accidentally saw two of the words together. He was in the hospital for three months.

Don't even start to read the individual missions.

I watched QB do it on his stream last night. He fired three times then sat in the cap. "These missions totally encourage good play right guys?". Yeah more or less QB, more or less.

This pieces of shit last how long? Because playing solo for their duration it's just sucidal, once every 50 battles you might have had a semblance of teamplay, now, thanks to WGs eternal wisdom that's out of the window.

This pieces of shit last how long? Because playing solo for their duration it's just sucidal, once every 50 battles you might have had a semblance of teamplay, now, thanks to WGs eternal wisdom that's out of the window.

for ever....