kunjuro

No free FV 4202 for you filthy capitalists!

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/16/no-free-fv4202-for-you/

Good job WG, good bloody job. Hype the fact that a tank will be replaced with a new one and owners will get a free tank... recant that statement a few months later after hundreds spend time and money grinding the line. Not that this was unexpected - but I had hopes :) Oh well. Here's to hoping the Action X is a decent replacement and worth the grind.

If that tank is not preferred matchmaking, it is absolute garbage.

If it DOES have preferred matchmaking, it's only mostly garbage.

Take a Centurion I and...

Lower the top speed.

Lower the HP/Ton.

Make it less accurate and aim longer.

Reduce the armor.

Lower the view range.

35kph @ 11.39 HP/Ton?  That's worse than the T34 (35kph @ 12.44).  What in the actual fuck?

Don't worry, they won't actually get this done for another 6 - 12 months.  You know, because hitting these capitalist deliverables is so HARD....................................................

I'd say that the joke's on you if you actually spent a ton of time grinding up a line you don't like based off an indefinite statement about the possibility of giving away a free premium tank.

Run-on sentences, ahoy!

Meh, I bought my FV two days after first leaks about its premium future. While FV is disappointing, VI-IX tier meds are pure fun (even Centurion I).

Bummer.  I started up this line when they confirmed they'd be replacing the FV.  Figured I could at least position myself to get there if they gave away the freebie but I was more interested in another good TX medium.

So no shock value in this announcement (which they could always change in the future because WG) and the only difference it makes to me is that I don't need to think about accelerating my grind.  Almost through the Comet. 

Hello everyone,

Russian channel WoT Fan brought a video with the upcoming tier 8 premium British MT, FV4202 (that will in the future be replaced by Centurion Action X, but don’t expect this to happen anytime soon).

The most important piece of news is… there will be no free FV4202 for current tier 10 FV4202 owners. Those, who have the FV4202 currently, will simply get it replaced with its successor. This channel is officially supported by Wargaming (it’s a sort of video outlet for WG RU), so yes, this is most likely legit. Well, shit.

The vehicle according to video has following characteristics:

Weight: 44,75 tons

Engine: 510 hp

Power-to-weight: 11,39 hp/t

Hull traverse: 40 deg/s

Maximum speed: 35 km/h

Hitpoints: 1400

Hull armor: 50/50/31

Turret frontal armor: 170mm

Viewrange: 390m

Gun: 20pdr

Penetration: 226/258/102

Damage: 230/230/?

Aimtime: 2,6s

Accuracy: 0,35

Elevation: -10/+20

Turret traverse: 36 deg/s

copy&paste from FTR.

Good old WG. Tell every one something repeatedly for 6 months straight, then do a total 180 at the last minute. If they hadn't said over and over what their plan was it wouldn't be an issue, but don't tell people you're going to do A and then change your mind to B at the last minute, ffs. I did dailies on that line starting from the Cromwell for 8 months, just bought the 4202 last night and the NEXT DAY you change your mind?

Good old WG. Tell every one something repeatedly for 6 months straight, then do a total 180 at the last minute. If they hadn't said over and over what their plan was it wouldn't be an issue, but don't tell people you're going to do A and then change your mind to B at the last minute, ffs. I did dailies on that line starting from the Cromwell for 8 months, just bought the 4202 last night and the NEXT DAY you change your mind?

Could you give one official statement where they said they will? Other then the SS "insider" bullshit.

Let's consider some facts:

Look at the british line

The FV is TX garbage.

The Cent 7, Cent 1, and Comet are pretty meh tanks.

The odds are that the Cent AX will be garbage simply by virtue of the fact that it's on a Centurion platform (The gun would literally have had to be a jesuscannon firing DU shells to make up for the shitty centurion platform).

Basically a lot of people went up a garbage line to get a garbage tank in the hopes of getting a garbage premium they could show off.

Sounds a bit like Apple iPhones.

Could you give one official statement where they said they will? Other then the SS "insider" bullshit.

Since when has WG ever given "official" statements on anything? FTR interviews with these guys said over and over they would at least do some sort of mission for it, for that matter maybe they still will. I watched this carefully before I did anything, I wasn't going to bother with a "maybe", I started on it when it seemed very clear they would do SOMEthing. You can scour FTR posts if you want, the implications are clear enough you can't blame any player for believing them.

I was debating going up the line on the off chance people would get the tier 8 for free.  However, upon looking over the stock grinds I'd either have to waste a lot of skirmish gold, or waste a lot of time.  Neither appealed to me so I just abandoned the idea.  

It's worth neither time nor money chasing after rumours, especially when the best payout you can hope for is meh to begin with.