Scorpion_King

112 vs. T-34-3 vs. Jg.Tig.8,8cm. vs. T34

Which Tier 8 Premium tank?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank makes more money based on Unicum play and estimated rate of victory?

2. 2. Which tank can carry the hardest / most effectively?

3. 3. Which tank is more "fun"? (Assuming carrying and winning also partially counts as "fun")

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a pile of Gold burning a hole in my pocket... the 112, T-34-3, Jg.Tig.8,8cm and the T34 are tanks which I'm trying to choose from (I already own the IS-6 and FCM 50 t, thus they are not listed). I've heard good things and bad things about all of them, and keepbgetting conflicting answers about the tanks in-game, on the Official WoT Forums, and YouTube.

What I'm looking for: Credit earning potential, carry ability (doesn't have to be a one-man last stand carry, I just want to be able to consistently do well in battle) and fun. When it comes to the "fun" part, it doesn't have to be an amazing bundle of joy - simply a tank that won't drive me insane.

I appreciate all feedback and suggestions.

Thank you!

Scorpiany

13 answers to this question

I am confused as to why you have not listed the IS-6, as that tank is generally considered the best premium tier 8 around. It can carry, it can make a good stack of money if you limit the APCR spam and it is decetly fun to drive as it doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

BUT, from the tanks listed the 112 and T-34-3 are the tanks I would suggest you to go for. If I had to chose from those two, I would go T-34-3 because I already have an IS-6 and the 112 is just a slighty different/inferior IS6.

JgTig8.8: Is the best credit earner because the ammo cost is so low and it has great DPM but it is slow and if your team folds in on itself you can't react quick enough and will get surrounded. The JgTig88 is only strong when hulldown, as a lot of guns can pen both upper and lower plate. It does have prefferential MM, which is a plus.

T-34: Slow, doesn't have prefferential MM and has a derpy gun. On the plus side it has a strong turret and good enough pen to go through tier X's with gold ammo. You can carry in this, but it harder than the IS6/112.

112: Similar to the IS6 but with sacrifices the side armour for a stronger UFP and turret. Can be a beast when hull-down. Has the mobility to move around with decent freedom and a good punchy gun. Sadly it has HEAT as a premium round, and not APCR like the IS6. If you can hide your lower plate you will be able to bully all tanks you meet. It has preferential MM, which means you should be able to always do something.

T-34-3: Similar to the IS-6 and 112 but sacrifices some armour for mobility. Has a strong turret but shitty gun depression (-3), so it is not always easy to get hulldown. I think this is the most fun tank to play, because of the extra mobility, and close behind the 112 for best carry tank.

I find that the FCM is the best gold earner with platoon support. In heavier tanks it can help carry due to high pen + acc for those t9 games.

If you want all round carry and gold I agree with the above, get the IS-6.

T34/Lowe have no pref. matchmaking, bad for carrying.

Super P is ok but I feel IS-6 is much better in most situations simply due to speed.

112/china varient - similar to the IS-6 but uses heat (which sucks compared to apcr) you cant fire a lot which can be irritating also.

JT8.8 - slow massive target, you can get some awesome games but most of the time you are to slow to affect the games or carry effectivly due to no TD turret.

T-34-3 not played so no idea.

T-34-3 is the best option here, seeing as it's the only one that's fun (112 is also sort of fun), makes credits (T34 and JT88 make credits, but are no fun; 112 makes even less than the T-34-3, although both are quite poor earners), and can carry (again, down to the 112 and T-34-3, the T34 is too slow and has too little dpm, the JT is way too slow).

If I were you, I'd hold off until the next batch of T8 prems come out. The T-34-3 is not a great credit earner, and the 112 is probably going to get boring fast since it doesn't play that different than the IS-6. Neither fill everything you want.

I never found the T-34-3 to be a 'poor credit earner'; I can usually hit around 40-60k using food and minimal HEAT.  I'm not sure if Rexxie's opinion is based on comparisons to the Type 59s earnings-- the -3 is certainly worse than the Type in credit generation.

In your situation, with an IS-6 and an FCM already, I'm not sure you need any of those tanks.  The T34 is the only relevant crew trainer, and it's easily the worst of the four choices.  You already have a pref 8 that can carry (IS6) and one that is fun and makes a bunch of credits (FCM).

I'd avoid the JT88 and the T34 for exactly why Rexxie said-- they are NOT fun.  The 112 is redundant unless you really need a Chinese heavy tank crew trainer because you have an IS-6.  The T-34-3 could work, but if you don't already have some experience with -3 gun depression, you will probably find the tank EXTREMELY clunky.

My recommendation is to save your gold.

<snip>

If I were you, I'd hold off until the next batch of T8 prems come out. <snip>

^ I double this, there are pretty interesting candidates coming soon.

As for your listed tanks:

Rexxie pretty much covered the most important parts.

All that is left to add is my personal experience:

I also own an IS-6 and 50t.  I've recently bought a T-34-3 on new years discount.

I've chosen to play the T-34-3 over my other premiums since I bought it.

Why? Because it's a true medium tank with premium mm.  You can flex easily, also has decent turret armor and workable hull armor against lower tiers especially. This fact greatly increases your carry potential compared to other candidates.

Coping with the -3 gun depression and derpy gun actually puts a smile on my face, and keeps things interesting.

• ("Holy shit how did that one miss!" *second one ammoracks enemy* "adfasdfasdfa")
  • ("Come on come on hnnnngggggg swerve! reach! gnn!" *finally bears down the gun and pulls off the shot, meaty high roll* "yesssssssssss!")
  • (*3rd miss in a row, now enemy has escaped behind building and continues wrecking allies face* "welp, he is RNG's chosen one I guess")

Oh, the earnings are pretty good too. The difference is; with the fun factor, it feels hardly like a grind, which is nice.

I had bought an IS-6 when it was still cool to play. I hate it with a passion now, but with that being said it is still a beast and is a great carry tank. I have played the 34-3 briefly it is.... fine but far from actually being fun. I made decent credits and the heat makes it so you can pen things you need to. However i was gifted a 112 and the thing is a dream to play. It has view range and that is one of the things i loved the most about it; most tanks are gimped in some sort of way in that department, the 112 is not. It is decently fast for its armor layout, the alpha is good, the gun is derpy but you're a heavy so you can afford to play slow if need be. I would say i you had to buy something the 112 is the clear choice.

The T34 and JT88 are neither carry tanks nor actually any good except for that one in million chance where that DPM in the JT saves the game or your gun depression on a hill completely wins it for you in your T34. I notice you didn't mention the Super P, i prefer it over all of the tanks you currently have and have mentioned. currently sitting at 71% in it with at least 70% of games being solo. I absolutely adore the thing. It's AP round is good enough and its APCR is god like for what it faces. It wasn't an option but i wanted to throw it out there either way.

You could always wait until the next OP patch of tanks come out but if you cannot the 112 really shouldn't let you down.

I had bought an IS-6 when it was still cool to play. I hate it with a passion now, but with that being said it is still a beast and is a great carry tank. I have played the 34-3 briefly it is.... fine but far from actually being fun. I made decent credits and the heat makes it so you can pen things you need to. However i was gifted a 112 and the thing is a dream to play. It has view range and that is one of the things i loved the most about it; most tanks are gimped in some sort of way in that department, the 112 is not. It is decently fast for its armor layout, the alpha is good, the gun is derpy but you're a heavy so you can afford to play slow if need be. I would say i you had to buy something the 112 is the clear choice.

The T34 and JT88 are neither carry tanks nor actually any good except for that one in million chance where that DPM in the JT saves the game or your gun depression on a hill completely wins it for you in your T34. I notice you didn't mention the Super P, i prefer it over all of the tanks you currently have and have mentioned. currently sitting at 71% in it with at least 70% of games being solo. I absolutely adore the thing. It's AP round is good enough and its APCR is god like for what it faces. It wasn't an option but i wanted to throw it out there either way.

You could always wait until the next OP patch of tanks come out but if you cannot the 112 really shouldn't let you down.

JH,

What's so grating about the IS6 for you? Just repetitive soviet heavy play style?

I just picked it up and haven't had a chance to play it yet. 

The next patch seems fairly distant as of now, and I should be able to make up the Gold via. Skirmishes before then, so I'm not too concerned about that. You mentioned the Super Pershing - could you give me more information about it? Most people seem to think that it's very under-performing, and it is quite riddled with turret weak spots.

Also, on average how many Credits did you make in each of those tanks? (Wins, losses, good battles and bad battles all blended together into one average?)

Thanks for your help so far everyone!

I personally own the T-34-3, Jt88, T34 and have tried the 112 on the test server. Credit making wise I would say the JT88 definitely earns the most. However, due to it's utterly terrible speed and mobility it's hard to carry in it (atleast for me). T34 is really nice as long as you have a good team. If your team is completely trash and you get overwhelmed you are pretty much screwed. This is even worse in a tier 10 situation as it does not have limited MM. I would highly suggest between the T-34-3 and the 112. Both reward good game play with handsome rewards. The T-34-3 is definitely more fun to play simply due to the mobility and solid turret armour. However, due to your absolutely terrible accuracy and gun depression it can get frustrating at times. Also, I find the T-34-3 a little on the squishy side to be able to carry games. The 112, while slower than the T-34-3, offers excellent frontal armour, solid mobility combined with an impressive -6 gun depression. Even though the gun is the same and the accuracy is similar I feel that the 112 can hit its targets more reliably and the chassis is just more solid. Overall, I would suggest either the 112 or the T-34-3 and leaning on the T-34-3 because I am a medium tonk driver.

Off topic but you should have picked up the WZ-111 while it was still available. IMHO it's currently the best T8 heavy premium tank in the game (excluding the FCM 50T).

Just join the test server and try them.

You can at least get an idea of the mobility and gun handling. Everyone is spamming 100% prem ammo though, so ignore the tanking capabilities.

Other than that i agree with the rest and wouldn't buy any of them.

I personally own the T-34-3, Jt88, T34 and have tried the 112 on the test server. Credit making wise I would say the JT88 definitely earns the most. However, due to it's utterly terrible speed and mobility it's hard to carry in it (atleast for me). T34 is really nice as long as you have a good team. If your team is completely trash and you get overwhelmed you are pretty much screwed. This is even worse in a tier 10 situation as it does not have limited MM. I would highly suggest between the T-34-3 and the 112. Both reward good game play with handsome rewards. The T-34-3 is definitely more fun to play simply due to the mobility and solid turret armour. However, due to your absolutely terrible accuracy and gun depression it can get frustrating at times. Also, I find the T-34-3 a little on the squishy side to be able to carry games. The 112, while slower than the T-34-3, offers excellent frontal armour, solid mobility combined with an impressive -6 gun depression. Even though the gun is the same and the accuracy is similar I feel that the 112 can hit its targets more reliably and the chassis is just more solid. Overall, I would suggest either the 112 or the T-34-3 and leaning on the T-34-3 because I am a medium tonk driver.

Off topic but you should have picked up the WZ-111 while it was still available. IMHO it's currently the best T8 heavy premium tank in the game (excluding the FCM 50T).

And apparently the last one to get pref MM.