HawkT1

missions having a negative effect

Im abandoning missions

they are making me do stupid things ive played 50% missions this morning and 50% normal

guess which i did best with!!

Both my wr and wn8 have suffered with missions so screw them!

Thanks for teaching me core mechanics of the game, I seriously had no idea how to play until I read this post!

You play for missions rather than playing to win/deal damage? No shit your stats will suffer.

Yep ive learnt the hard way

however it seems many do

Since most people are just poking fun rather than actually... helping, I guess, i'll offer assistance. You can just activate the mission and promptly ignore it and wait for the thing it needs you to do to come up in normal play and you'll end up doing your missions with the same results. If you are trying to grind missions hard, yes, it will affect results.

Since most people are just poking fun rather than actually... helping, I guess, i'll offer assistance. You can just activate the mission and promptly ignore it and wait for the thing it needs you to do to come up in normal play and you'll end up doing your missions with the same results. If you are trying to grind missions hard, yes, it will affect results.

So much this. Remember the KEY GOAL is still to WIN.

What Pompous said.  Click start on the mission and then just play the game.  Play well and the missions will handle themselves.

Considering the average skill level of a potato, I really don't get this IM missions ruining games thing.

As if there needs to suddenly be a crutch as to why shit players play shit? As if that tomato who yolo'd a scout is gonna contribute if he wasn't going for that particular kill? Lel.

Reminds me of the 'x3 weekends ruin WR cos all the potatos come out' malarkey.

The amount of suiciding has increased dramatically. Must deal dmg 1st, must spot enemy before they spot me. Etc ect.

Yesterday had a SU101 just suicide through middle of Prohorovka as he said he had to deal dmg 1st. He died in about 10 seconds after crossing the ridge, he seemed pretty happy as he put 1 shot into a scout.

Since IMs started, my WR has gone up by 0.55%

Mainly because after two STUPID yolo runs, I decided to ignore the missions during battles, and be pleasantly surprised by a blank box and two buttons afterwards (no, I haven't updated xvm yet)

The most prominent effect I see is an increased influx of artillery but that might be just my own perception and not based on facts. Apart from that I have stopped platooning with a few people from my clan who seem desperate to finish missions by yoloing and when in doubt, finish the mission rather than win the battle.

Im abandoning missions

they are making me do stupid things ive played 50% missions this morning and 50% normal

guess which i did best with!!

Both my wr and wn8 have suffered with missions so screw them!

I'm feeling it

That's pretty much what I've had to do and go back to just running the lines and types I want to work on.  WN8 has especially taken a beating in this as I actually trotted out some lights and arty to my infinite regret...

Edited by BrianHorrocks

The most prominent effect I see is an increased influx of artillery but that might be just my own perception and not based on facts. Apart from that I have stopped platooning with a few people from my clan who seem desperate to finish missions by yoloing and when in doubt, finish the mission rather than win the battle.

Missions reduce playability of the game, as arty is no fun, and suiciding teammates are no fun. I'm sure Wargaming is oblivious as usual to the actual problems affecting this game, but they're soaking money out of it. I don't see these missions to have any good attached to them, so as far as I'm concerned, I'll just go do stronkholds where I know my team is competent and I can actually enjoy the game. At this point I'm not sure about everyone else, but this is getting out of hand. Hopefully it will blow over within 3 months and pubs can go back to the way they were.

I have a mod which makes all missions active by default and keeps them active so I play tanks without worrying. If I finish the Stug4 mission like this, maybe ill actually try for the others....

I have a mod which makes all missions active by default and keeps them active so I play tanks without worrying. If I finish the Stug4 mission like this, maybe ill actually try for the others....

Link?

thanks for the feedback, ive got the mod install now (its in aslains pack) so im going forget the missions and just have fun winning, i did get my recent up to 51% but its took a beating

thanks for the feedback, ive got the mod install now (its in aslains pack) so im going forget the missions and just have fun winning, i did get my recent up to 51% but its took a beating

And it's always a pleasant suprise to suddenly get 75k extra credits.

So many peoples seems to forget that thing (or they just don't know):

No time limit for the missions. Because of that I just play normally. One time I'm gonna get a game where I'll succeed a mission. Until then, stats are still alive and growing. U know, peoples rushing field on Malinovka with heavies..... BL-10 likes this.

I don't get this.  Why not just play to play well and then enjoy a little bonus when the way you play happens to line up with whatever WG wants you to do?

I don't get this.  Why not just play to play well and then enjoy a little bonus when the way you play happens to line up with whatever WG wants you to do?

Mostly true, but some missions will never be completed that way. For example platooning with arty (light tanks and arty). Who would do that, if not especially for the mission? Or who would put a camo net on their scout?