Intumesce

T-54 ltwt. Fanclub

Currently this is my favorite tank and managed to get my 3rd MoE in it. It's got a semi workable turret, it's nice to bounce the occasional shot when hull down

I hull down all the time to make myself smaller, but I'm typically surprised when I bounce non-light tanks.  

I really liked the LTTB, it was with great trepidation that I sold it to buy the LTWT.  Wow, 10 games in and I'm thinking this may be the best tank in WoT.  I actually told my platoon-mates last night "you guys hold this, I'll go kill that M103" and then went and did it.  Sheesh.

I can also see this as being a great tank to farm Pasuccis medals in.

I recently purchased the T-54 Lightweight and it feels like it has the derpiest gun I've veer had on a light tank.  Fully aimed shots at stationary targets under 250 meters away keep missing over and over and over and over and over and over again.  I've had quite a few battles where my hit percentage is under 35%.  I have a 3 skill crew in it and a rammer, V-stab, and optics for equipment.  Is this one of those tanks where you are required to run food or BIA for it not to suck?  It feels like a KV-2 gun compared to my Type 59 and T-44.  So what's the secret to being able to hit something with this gun?

It's one of the disappointing things about the 54lt - from the lttb to it you lose DPM, pen for tier, accuracy, aim time, shell velocity, mobility, jousting stick looks, but gain a turret, gun handling and some hit points.

34 minutes ago, Bavor said:

I recently purchased the T-54 Lightweight and it feels like it has the derpiest gun I've veer had on a light tank.  Fully aimed shots at stationary targets under 250 meters away keep missing over and over and over and over and over and over again.  I've had quite a few battles where my hit percentage is under 35%.  I have a 3 skill crew in it and a rammer, V-stab, and optics for equipment.  Is this one of those tanks where you are required to run food or BIA for it not to suck?  It feels like a KV-2 gun compared to my Type 59 and T-44.  So what's the secret to being able to hit something with this gun?

If you think that's derpy on a light you haven't played the 1390 or T49.

16 hours ago, engineered said:

If you think that's derpy on a light you haven't played the 1390 or T49.

The 13 90 actually hits stuff when I aim.  The T-54 Lightweight seems to send 90% of its shots nowhere near where I aim when I'm sitting still firing at another tank sitting still, but if I auto aim and fire on the move everything hits.  Its frustrating when I take the time to aim a shot and it misses over and over again.

Maybe its a streak of bad RNG, but the gun doesn't feel like it has the claimed accuracy.  It feels more like an 122mm when I take time to aim a shot.

I'm not saying that the gun can't be derpy at times, but I do think that you guys might be getting a bit carried away. In my (limited) experience you need to play a number of games in a row to get adjusted to the tank, like on a large number of other tanks.

Have you tried running BIA and rations? (I've haven't yet)

12 hours ago, Birkovic said:

I'm not saying that the gun can't be derpy at times, but I do think that you guys might be getting a bit carried away. In my (limited) experience you need to play a number of games in a row to get adjusted to the tank, like on a large number of other tanks.

Have you tried running BIA and rations? (I've haven't yet)

I've tried 8 battles in a row and all 8 it felt like the deripest gun I've ever experienced on a light or medium when fully aiming shots.

I have a girl crew in it with SOS, but I haven't tried running it with food.

Just curious what setup people run with food, I'm about to attempt LT-15 with it. I personally haven't noticed any fires with AFE despite frontally mounted fuel tanks so Repair/Med/Food or Repair/AFE/Food+ JOATs?