Sign in to follow this  
TheLovePanda

In Facist Germany Shell Aims You

Happened to me quite some times.

It happens often when you rush a shot, when you rotate turret and hull in same time and then you try to shoot at the edge of the tank.

I use server reticule. I also snapshot more than anyone else I play with, to the point that a lot of people have commented on it watching me play. I would never do it without server reticule. Turn that shit on, and learn to love it. It will not look right at first, but stick with it and youll get used to it.

This is some sort of client/server desync, where the server thinks you're turning your turret the other way around and then has trouble catching back up. Happens more often than you'd think.

Solution: Use combined regular + server reticle

Yeah, that's a server desynch, on the client your turret is turning one way, but on the server it was going the other way, probably something to do with camera and hull position.

Had this many times when i was playing, if you have server (or better, client+server) crosshair together you'll see it happening.

It's shenanigans like this that make me wonder why WG didn't go with a system where client-server synchronization relied on turret orientation, rather than pure point-of-aim -- it seems to me that, while we would experience more rubberbanding during normal play, we would experience far fewer desynched shots into building corners.  Since the rubberbanding would happen to the tank's aim point -- and not the client's point of view -- it would seem to be much less disruptive. Is there a downside to this alternative that I'm overlooking?

(I'm pretty sure the server started turning your turret counter-clockwise after your sudden ~180 viewpoint jump at 0:28, while your client's millisecond lead over the server led it to continue turning clockwise, and you turn your tank clockwise in favor of your client after that, compounding the problem.)

What happened is pretty simple.

Imagine a clock with you at the centre.

The enemy is at 12:00.

You have some lag leading to a small desync, the server thinks you have the turret pointed at 5:00, your client shows it at 7:00. To get to 12:00, the client rotates clockwise, the server rotates anticlockwise.

Now this isn't too bad most of the time, as although the client and server guns are rotating in the opposite direction, they will get there (to 12:00) at roughly the same time, throw in some aim-time and no-one is any wiser.

But then you turned your hull clockwise too. The speed that your client thinks your turret turns is increased so nearly double. But this decreases the gun rotation on the server to 0 as the hull and turret are rotating contrary to each other, so when you fire, the shot goes backwards.

Solution: As said before; Server Reticule.

Problem: This leads to things like this happening:

2ecd66q.jpg

Solution #2: Server reticule mod. This gives you both the client reticule and the server reticule at once.

You get the smooth client reticule, and know when the server is being slow or stupid.

I hope that's some kind of bad trolling...

Xen, we all here been discussing what SS and the red army considers cheats but I have never heard what do unicums actually consider cheat. What's the borderline? This weakspot autoaim mod is pretty much on the red line if not passed it imo.

Xen, we all here been discussing what SS and the red army considers cheats but I have never heard what do unicums actually consider cheat. What's the borderline? This weakspot autoaim mod is pretty much on the red line if not passed it imo.

I didn't see it the first time, watching on mobile yadda yadda. Watching it again it is pretty obvious.

I use mods, they are not inherently a bad thing;

I use XVM to give info that (most of it) should be in the vanilla client, like the actual stats of vehicles when crew skills are factored in.

I use a carousel mod to show more of ny tanks at once and provide a better tank filter

I have Binocs and cammo autoequipped on tanks that use them so I'm not always hunting through my 65 tanks looking for them when platooning

I use the server reticule mod...

To me though, this is crossing the line. But I'm not purple.

Maybe using this would get me there quicker, how much WN8 do you think it adds? I wonder if it leads shots too...

Aimbots are banned in most games for a reason.

All I noticed was the weakspot autoaim mod...

I didn't see it the first time, watching on mobile yadda yadda. Watching it again it is pretty obvious.

I use XVM to give info that (most of it) should be in the vanilla client, like the actual stats of vehicles when crew skills are factored in.

I use a carousel mod to show more of ny tanks at once and provide a better tank filter

I have Binocs and cammo autoequipped on tanks that use them so I'm not always hunting through my 65 tanks looking for them when platooning

Maybe using this would get me there quicker, how much WN8 do you think it adds? I wonder if it leads shots too...

WTF are you two on?

All i see is a player turning his tank and turret in suchs a way he fucks up the aim, and instead of waiting he snapshots, so the shell goes randomly, no aimbot

Not sure if trolling or...

All i see is a player turning his tank and turret in suchs a way he fucks up the aim, and instead of waiting he snapshots, so the shell goes randomly, no aimbot

So you don't see the flickering of the gun aiming at weakspots and track by itself? It's jerking pretty hard just after the first shot of the video. I'm not a denier since I'm here, but that mod gives shitloads of advantage imo. But since it's out there and people don;t mind it, why not I might download it myself and make my life easier.