Luna

WINTER MODE HYPE

It's actually a disappointment how little winning even means. All of the missions are about meeting damage requirements, basically making a capfast an excuse to fuck all 20 of you over (unless you happen to complete it while inside the cap circle). Before I logged off last night, it seemed like everyone had already given up on w/l ratio and was just focused on shooting other tanks.

Win is pointless.This mode is about dmg and nothing more.

Yup, doesn't affect your stats either, so just disengage brain, YOLO like a motherfucker, do your damage for rewards, die, choose another tonk, profit.

Light tank is gr8 if you know how to play it. You can kite Mammoths all day because of their slow bullet speed. And it does surprising DPM, not to mention people tend to ignore you because you're only doing single-shots. It's easy to get 1700 damage. Only issue is Polar Bears blow you the fuck out, so stay away from those. LT is my favourite so far.

Doing the LT because I really need an LTTB crew. Yeah it's pretty worthless. I cant even turn on pubbie mode and get my experience from holding w and left click, I have to actually play. 1700 might be easy but its nowhere near as easy as 2500 in the HT.

Doing the LT because I really need an LTTB crew.

I need one, so that I can finally bring myself to put my LTTB crew on the LTW.

Though raising a US HT crew might be temptGODDAMMIT WG, YOU DEVIOUS CRACK-DEALING BASTARDS! already have way to many crews for my sake. :(

GODDAMMIT WG, YOU DEVIOUS CRACK-DEALING BASTARDS! :(

THIS. And "sadly" I'll be in Vegas next week.

THIS. And "sadly" I'll be in Vegas next week.

"AH! It's good to be far away from that stupid and pointless time and money consuming WOT, by being here, sitting all day at the slot macOH, BLOODY HELL, VEGAS!"

Won two in a row 3 vs 1 at the end.

Pubbies be pubbies even in this. The amount of 100-400 WN8 bobs that shoot gold ammo into the wall near spawn is mind-boggling.

Need ze supertoon though.

Crew XP Math

General things to note: 1500 XP + 1500 CrewXP = 3000 XP per crew member

** This amount IS doubled by "Accelerated Crew Training", i.e. your lowest crew member gets 6000 XP

** I assume the mission for 25 games is also doubled, thus the 50,000 crewXP becomes 100,000 crewXP for one of your crew members

** This effectively means that your crew members on average receive a 25% crew XP bonus (i.e. they receive 3750 XP for every game the mission is completed)

Platoon mission (15k damage done by platoon) - Not sure how hard or easy this will be?

------------------------------

Let's assume you play 125 games solo, completing the mission every time:

125*(3750 XP/game) = 468,750 CrewXP

5*(62,500 XP/25 games) = 312,500 CrewXP

Total = 781,250 CrewXP

Let's say you platoon enough times in that 125 games to complete the platoon mission 50% of the time:

63 * (6250 XP/mission completed) = 393,750 CrewXP

Combined with the individual missions, that will give you 1,175,000 CrewXP

*** Putting all this XP on a brand new female crew would give you almost 4 complete skills! Women OP.

1,175,000 CrewXP would take a new 100% crew (like the ones that come by default) to 90% on their third skill.

Total credit earnings:

125 * (10k / game) = 1,250,000

5 * (250k / 25 games) = 1,250,000

63 * (20k / platoon win) = 1,260,000

Total Credits Earned = 3.76 million credits

Re-training a crew from the same class (for credits) only loses 39k CrewXP.

Re-training a crew from a different class (for credits) only loses 64k CrewXP.

Special Math for training new commanders to their first skill:

If you wanted to train new commanders to get them 6th sense, you can put a more highly skill crew with a new commander - this ensures that the "Accelerated Crew Bonus" will always be applied to the commander.

It takes 210k CrewXP to reach 100% on the first skill.

In 25 games:

25* (6000 crewXP/game) + 100,000 CrewXP (25 game mission) = 250,000 CrewXP

OR

Just use the commander when you complete the 25 games mission:

2* (6000 crewXP/game) + 2* 100,000 CrewXP (25 game mission) = 212,000 CrewXP - and your first skill completed!  Edit: Confirmed the ACT crew member receives 100k XP.

TL;DR - You should be able to get a new commander with 6th sense in 2 games!

In the few games I played today, it seems like battles are pretty fast.  Especially since the second you complete your damage requirements you can just die quickly and move on to the next.

The CrewXP looks like a decent chunk, although it will be tougher to concentrate it on just one crew.  Getting your damage and completing the mission is pretty quick, but several of the battles I played today took fairly long to finish.  It's much more efficient time-wise to just get your damage, die, and enter the next fight with another tank.  This will spread the xp out quite a bit.

However, if you really want to focus XP on just one tank in particular, you can make sure to complete the 25 game missions with that particular tank - that focuses over 300k on one crew in just a few games.

Personally I plan to play primarily the light and heavy tank.  I'm currently playing through the LTTB so I'll transfer that crew to the Arctic Fox and then it will automatically be transferred back to the LTTB at the end (a sweet deal for a cheapskate like me).  Not sure what I'll do for the Mammoth - might just get my 4th skill on the E5 crew.

Thanks dual, looks like a very good crew training event, as well as free xp event (for those like me who really want to freexp to a decent arty for missions.)

It's OP at crew training, this is the crew it came with after 45 games:

fMMvlSn.jpg

omg, time to play that and only that for the next few days.

Wow, excellent maths work for us lazy bums, have a +1.

Fortunately the games are short too. For a low battle count player like me this event looks great. I should be able to stack up a bunch of skilled crew members in a few days' time.

After around 35 games, I got 1 full skill and around 65% on the next, so things are looking good. Total credit income was something like 500k, although since I was playing the light tank and healed occasionally, I didn't make as much as I could. I cant imagine doing this much longer than long enough to get my 2nd 250k credit/50k xp mission completed, though.

After around 35 games, I got 1 full skill and around 65% on the next, so things are looking good. Total credit income was something like 500k, although since I was playing the light tank and healed occasionally, I didn't make as much as I could. I cant imagine doing this much longer than long enough to get my 2nd 250k credit/50k xp mission completed, though.

Was that with completing the platoon mission regularly?

Cheers for working the numbers dualmaster333. Just one question though, are you sure you're not double counting the accelerated training bonus? In your first line you say all crew members get double XP (all crew get 1,500 crew XP plus 1,500 tank XP) and then you say ACT doubles that. Are you sure that's the case?

Even if it's not I think I'll rotate all my non-first skill commanders through to get 6th sense anyway.

Was that with completing the platoon mission regularly?

I was wrong, sorry. Logged in to make sure, I'm actually only at 47% on the second skill (57% on the guy that got the advanced crew training bonus). But yeah, that's with the platoon mission. Just as a note, with a purple platoon we were getting 15k damage a game for the toon mission every game. Its fairly easy, but important that you only bring 1 light tank player.

Cheers for working the numbers dualmaster333. Just one question though, are you sure you're not double counting the accelerated training bonus? In your first line you say all crew members get double XP (all crew get 1,500 crew XP plus 1,500 tank XP) and then you say ACT doubles that. Are you sure that's the case?

Yes, the crew member receiving the ACT bonus gets 6000 XP.

Just as a note, with a purple platoon we were getting 15k damage a game for the toon mission every game. Its fairly easy, but important that you only bring 1 light tank player.

Good to know!  I might have to stop being anti-social to bring in some more XP.

So we get to keep the crews at the end?

Or should i be putting one of my crews in?

When 9.6 comes out the crew will be freely retrained to E5 / Foch 155 / LTTB. Don't panic when the event ends and your crew doesn't retrain yet.

I've found the Arctic fox to be quite easy to play when soloing. You only need to do 750 damage and with the speed you can easily flank around the enemies and shoot them in the back. I've had a couple of 5k dmg games - quite hilarious little machine :P