warrends

How the Refer-A-Friend program really works

Been trying to figure out how to get a buddy back to the game as a recruit. He's got a tier 5 so halfway(-ish) to that tier 10. Now I find out that he can never be a recruit as a returning player. A post from someone asking support how it works:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/402080-refer-a-friend/page__st__320__pid__8484743#entry8484743

From the player asking the question of support:

To be a recruiter, I needed to have at least 1 battle between 09/14/2014 and 11/16/2014.

To be a recruitee, I needed to have 0 Battles between 09/14/2014 and 11/16/2014.

From WG support:

You are correct regarding the stated time windows. There is no rolling calendar currently implemented.

Absolutely amazing. The stupidity there is just tremendous.

WGs incompetance continues to astound me

I don't understand how this is WG incompetence; if they allowed accounts that only recently became inactive, they would see players stop playing (and therefore paying) for the sole reason of getting the tank... they want players to join (or come back)... not quit.  

Purely from a business standpoint, it is the right move from WG.  

It is the right business move, but it is so poorly phrased that it leaves the impression of something else - which is bad costumer relations or whatever you want to call it. 

But this is both good and bad news as I now don't have to wait for my friend to have been inactive enough for me to invite him again - but it means I don't have anyone that can give me the reward tank quickly. Oh well, guess I will have to reroll if I want that tank.

My guess is that they will reset the list now and then to spark some interest, but Twix has it right from a business standpoint.  As for the wording, this is WG and we know how well their proof readers and translators work.

I tried twice to figure out how the steps for referring worked, failed both times.  As usual their English instructions were completely useless.  I gave up as it was too painful.

I don't understand how this is WG incompetence; if they allowed accounts that only recently became inactive, they would see players stop playing (and therefore paying) for the sole reason of getting the tank... they want players to join (or come back)... not quit.  

Purely from a business standpoint, it is the right move from WG.  

This only makes sense if players know beforehand. I think most people aren't under the impression the refer-a-friend thing doesn't have a rolling date.