Sign in to follow this  
StranaMechty

T-34-3

26 posts in this topic

Alright, so a supposed Supertester has posted some stats for the current iteration of the T-34-3 Chinese tier 8 premium medium on /r/worldoftanks. I will quote.

I heard you guys like any extra info you can get. First let me post some stats and excuse me if I make some mistakes in my English because I am Russian. Sorry if any of this was posted already.

Gun 122mm D-25TA acc 0.46 shoots 4.17 times a minute 3,4 aiming time average penetration 175/300/61 damage 390/390/465

Hull armor 90/50/50

Turret armor 190/120/60

Turret Traverse speed 46

Traverse speed of tank 46

View Range 380

Tiers it gets thrown to : 8, 9 and 10 too.

My opinion about tank-it is a poor mans type. I only played 8 games in it though. The gun depression SUCKS. It is a lot worse than on type and it is worse than it was on private test server too. The mobility of tank is good. Armor is kinda bouncy but you should not count on it. Gunner and driver die very often. Every 3-4 front hit on me kills one of them. Didn't like it very much overall. By the way it was added to our accounts only today despite the news saying it was added a week ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/1i5u72/leaking_some_info_about_343_and_other_things_from/

Compared to the T-34-2, it has +20mm frontal hull armor, turret face is +10mm, view range identical. Standard Chinese 122mm HEAT setup, but with slightly higher rate of fire and slightly better accuracy than the T-34-2. Traverse rates identical.

The kicker, though, is that it doesn't appear to get preferential matchmaking like the Type 59.

Edit: You can also see in that thread CatStalker of WGNA talk about how leaks are bad. I find it hard to agree.

It looks to be a bit better than the 34-2, but that (in my opinion, at least) is like saying it's a slightly taller midget. I did not enjoy the 34-2.

I did not play the T-34-2, because I have enough experience with this game now to read the hard and soft stats of tanks and determine what I will enjoy. And I would not enjoy either the T-34-2 nor -3!

Waiting to see about the 112 though. 

You can also see in that thread CatStalker of WGNA talk about how leaks are bad. I find it hard to agree.

The only reason i agree with WG on this is that people get bitchy about anything, let's assume that for some reason they come up with a tank that has -20 gun depression for testing purposes, say this info gets leaked, some people will be so excited about this(including me)so much that if they(WG) decides to "nerf" it to something around -12, these guys will go nuts on the forums crying and begging.

On the other side tho, i believe that WG should/could show more of what is being tested, this however "forces" them to deliver what they showed, we can see this with second german TD line, lots of people have been waiting this for who knows how long.. WG sure has a reason to not release them, testing, balancing, modeling or as simple as they just don't want to.

Given their history of terrible ideas that "accidentally" make it on to the test server (E-50/E-50M depression, Super Pershing armor, etc), I don't trust Wargaming with secrets.

Watching the video has actually piqued my interest (was not interested at all previously).  I will have to try it out on the test server to see how it plays.  

I'll most likely be selling my Super Pershing for 7200 gold and I'm also hoping to get about 12k gold from the TD anniversary marathon.  It's enough that I could buy 2 tier 8 premiums.  Sadly, I don't find myself too interested in what's currently available.  I'll have to see how the T-34-3 and 112 turn out.

Any testers here confirm that these Chinese tanks get preferential MM? It was said in a WG 8.8 video that they will not see T10s. I decided on the IS-6 because of the MM, but now I might go back to the Chinese prems! Thanks in advance.

Any testers here confirm that these Chinese tanks get preferential MM? It was said in a WG 8.8 video that they will not see T10s. I decided on the IS-6 because of the MM, but now I might go back to the Chinese prems! Thanks in advance.

they do get pref MM, MM chart has been posted

I don't see the point of making a new topic. So I am just going to highjack this one for my questions.

Do you guys think the T-34-3 is worth the price tag?  Not interested in 112 seeing how I have an IS-6.

How is the earning on the -3?

As someone who doesn’t own the type 59. Would it be a good buy to run with type 59 platoons when they come up?

not really worth the price tag, but i bought one day since i was bored lol, earning is the same as most tier 8 prem's if you can stay away from shooting too much heat...  and does run well with a type platoon 

It's a tricked-up T-34-2. It's worth how much you have fun with that tank and its playstyle.

Has anybody seen these played to decent effect? I hear about 10 reviews damning the tank, and then a couple people who seem to really "get it" and do good damage and probably make a butt load of money.  I've also seen some of these players pull off some of the trickiest hull down position I've ever seen on account of the poor gun depression.

Not planning on buying one ATM, but if i did what other premium tanks do you think would run well with this tank besides the Type 59? FCM 50T maybe?

I'm just amazed at how little i hear about this tank even a couple month after its been out, although that might have to do with most people who have invested in this game are veterans and already own a type 59, so why bother?

The gun depression/longish reload/accuracy/HEAT/hull armor make it pretty sketchy, though it IS very rewarding to those who can play it well. I find the gun depression to be very hindering, and I played the IS-7 line entirely, so poor depresion is what I'm used to. The alpha damage is nice, but I would take a 100mm with same pen but APCR as gold over the 122 and HEAT.

I enjoyed this tank and the China medium line a lot, so I've jumped on every purple comment on the line. The overall impression is that it's bad if you can't play it "that special way" and decent but not competitive (or solopub carry) if you can.

The combination of bad depression, accuracy and penetration is a reasonable explanation for its skill floor/ceiling spread. Those disadvantages will always get in the way of damage no matter how you look at it. And all in exchange for the intangibles of alpha.

Hello there people! I see this place has a high concentration of good players, so I want to ask you on feedback on my new T-34-3 review:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/374644-t-34-3/page__p__7681005#entry7681005

Basically, do you think it is good, bad, in need of work and what should I change on it?

Hello there people! I see this place has a high concentration of good players, so I want to ask you on feedback on my new T-34-3 review:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/374644-t-34-3/page__p__7681005#entry7681005

Basically, do you think it is good, bad, in need of work and what should I change on it?

Pretty good and in-depth review, Charcharo.

Honestly, if I were to want anything buffed it would be the AP pen. The T-34-3's AP pen is 175, but the avg tier 8 medium pen for AP is ~192mm. This tank's fire control and reload time are awful, so when you bounce an AP shot it hurts... bad.

This tank is fairly horrible, but it does do two things well:

1. trains Chinese crews
  2. teaches you brawling and flanking techniques since the tank won't win battles for you

It stinks that you have to resort to HEAT spam so much in this premium tank to do well, given that you won't be making a lot of money by doing so. You also have such a hefty reload time that you can't easily switch between AP and HEAT depending on your target, so you often get caught with the wrong kind of ammo loaded.

I got one of these as I've decided to play towards the 121 as my first tier 10 tank.  Discounting the fact that this may be a bad idea for any number of reasons, would I be better served keeping my best crew in an elite t-34-1 or moving up to the t-34-2?  I'll be researching the wz-120 through the wz-132 regardless.  I'm inclined towards continuing w/ the 34-1 / 34-3 combo since it's much cheaper in terms of xp/silver/gold needed, should skill the crew up more quickly (not sure on this?), and allows me to continue in the 34-1 which is probably a better tank/tier.  The counter argument is that the 34-2 seems like it would play more like the t9 and t10 tanks, but I feel I'd have that base covered by playing lots of 34-3 games.  Thoughts?

I have unlocked the WZ-120 but haven't bought it yet. What I can tell you is that the t-34-2 and t-34-3 have the same basic playstyle. They aren't totally identical but it's close.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous reviews ever. You did not even play the tank on Live server. And don't say "it's on my other account with 500 battles"; then make review with that other account.