- According to developers, the AMX 30B gameplay resembles the M48 Patton gameplay a lot: it has a very good view range, depression, aimtime and reload time, it is not susceptible to engine burning and ammorack explosions. It'll be a good vehicle (RG: I do agree with that)

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Can anyone sell me on this tank? I tried it on the test server and the results are decidedly meh. It doesn't seem to have many strengths you can capitalize on: the gun depression is countered by the cupola, and it seems the mobility in many cases is hampered by soft stats. This might just be my slow computer though...

I guess I am a little disappointed so far: we wait since 7.6 (IIRC) for new Frenchies and we get a tier X with no unique features/strengths.

At least it isn't a blatant WG money-grab... *cough WTF E100 cough*

Can anyone sell me on this tank? I tried it on the test server and the results are decidedly meh. It doesn't seem to have many strengths you can capitalize on: the gun depression is countered by the cupola, and it seems the mobility in many cases is hampered by soft stats. This might just be my slow computer though...

I guess I am a little disappointed so far: we wait since 7.6 (IIRC) for new Frenchies and we get a tier X with no unique features/strengths.

At least it isn't a blatant WG money-grab... *cough WTF E100 cough*

I wish It was a money grab because at least the tank would be good enough to justify spending all that skirmish gold :/

I'm waiting for the day when the tumor on top of a new tank finally has become bigger than the tank itself. At least that seems to be the direction WG has taken. WTF is up with those huge cupolas?

Without the huge tumor I would consider going for it... yet with that thing on top... using the gun depression to work hills and stuff will be a pain since people will be able to shoot the cupola before you can even see them!

I don't think that cupola is that big problem really, it's not very good idea to be that close to enemy that they can hit it with that soft turret anyway. And you are not going to sit there, you just go, shoot and go back, time they have to shoot your cupola instead of turret is very little. Of course it makes things slightly worse but it's not something like E5's cupola that really has big effect on what you can do. I was trying to sell this tank to myself on test server yesterday...it's not bad, it's actually pretty good but so similar to many other tanks that I don't really see it worth grinding. And T9 is pretty much same as Type 61. Again, not bad and pretty nice to play but bit boring really. I didn't check btw, how much exp is 30B? 

Just give new meds something different. Slightly bigger alpha with less DPM, slightly more pen with less DPM, I don't know...something. Now there are so much tanks that are practically same. I really liked idea that 30B would get HEAT with stupid high pen as normal ammo :) Just balance it with DPM, shell travel time or something but at least it would be different.

Thx, 180k seems pretty decent, probably to compensate insane 190k needed for T9. So not that bad grind in the end as you can play 1390 in strongholds for biggest amount of exp needed. 

For the qualifier; I haven't played the 30B in test 2 yet as I've been messing around in the tier 9.  (and of course it's TS so you can't really tell minor armour differences and how well things bully lower tiers etc etc)

That said:

It's a crappier leopard, but it's not made of ammo rack; though it will burn.  The problem with test one is that the gun changes made everything else better too so it was hard to make comparisons.  For example, the STB became way less derpy and running the BIA/vents/food combo it basically became a BETTER leopard and dare I say superior to the Russian stuff.

For me, the AMX-30B has appeal as I really do despise being racked all game.  The downside, again for me, is that it's still quite squishy and will be really unforgiving -- obviously less so for the purples.  The other nice feature is it does have 1:1 crew pairing with a tier 8 trainer that plays similiar so it will accept a female crew well.

For the cupola.  Maybe I was just lucky but I never had a problem with it cresting hills etc.  I'm also not that precise with spotting mechanics to notice problems, others may be and I'd like to know their conclusions.  I also would prefer people to try and aim for it thinking they're clever, when a center mass shot will still pen and have less outright miss chance.

Looks like the T9 is a fine vehicle, but grinding it in 13 90 will burn the pocket. I'm still in 13 75, yesterday I did a game with 1.3k dmg but a loss, cost me 22k net loss in credit :-/

Looks like the T9 is a fine vehicle, but grinding it in 13 90 will burn the pocket. I'm still in 13 75, yesterday I did a game with 1.3k dmg but a loss, cost me 22k net loss in credit :-/

For the 13 90 at least: Fire standard rounds carefully. Profit? 170 pen is pretty bad but still workable if you are careful.

The tier 10 is less experience to research than the tier 9? Is that to compensate for the skipped tiers in the middle?

Because it's going from lights to medium and they always have a premium on xp needed when it's like that... and the lorry is about the same xp also

Did play some matches in test2 alternating amx30b and leopard 1, from that short test amx30b felt just fine. Pretty much exactly what some dev said, harder leopard who does not automatically lose ammo when hit. Turret tumor is not really problem. Gun depression is very nice and makes finding shooting positions easy, feels like fv4202 with that good depression. Turret is also pretty small target when hull down.  Also having bit smaller turret and hull compared to leo is advantage. I thing that greatly angled front hull is very close to autobounce angle against other meds, seemed to give some bounces now and then though majority of hits of course still penetrate. Gun is maybe little worse than leopard though hard to say as playing with vanilla client makes it harder to get good feeling.

Meh, Another L7 clone. I hate that gun, so inaccurate and derpy. I'll end up grinding it hard though since I'm a sucker for new tanks.

This is one of my biggest beefs with this game. Possibly the most successful tank gun ever produced and people call it's in game incarnation "inaccurate and derpy". Almost makes me believe in russian bias.

The L7 is just as godly ingame, unless you're a biased shitter.

Except the 7/1 and Japanese. 

British and Germans got dank L7s tho.

The L7 is just as godly ingame, unless you're a biased shitter.

Ever tried Cent 7 with it? So derpy that I went back to the Type B for DPM laser and never looked back--then again I'm the type who can make 201 pen AP work for 59% in T-54 and not need "skill" ammo...

Cold, musty, and damp?

Sounds like necrophilia (once I noted the cold part, since I misread as musky)...