sundanceHelix

Question about... platoons, clans and stuff

Hi everyone,

Quick intro about me - average SEA player trying to push my recent WN8 into consistent blue/ >1600. I'm also have a job, and I'm not free on a few evenings a week at least. Sometimes I get to put in a few games a day, sometimes more. I try to get some playtime in on weekends. I also try to catch QuickyBaby, Foch, Zeven, Sela or Circon when they stream, even though it's at bad timings (NA streams are during daytime when I'm at work, EU streams are past midnight). 

I have played almost exclusively solo. Less than 20 games in plats and less than 10 games in companies, out of about 6700 games now. Getting a good feel for game mechanics now, my main brick wall being decision-making (w.r.t. relocating, flexing, situational awareness). 

Here's my question. I have a big problem. I would definitely like to join clans and do tank companies, plats etc. I avoided clans so far, trying to focus on improving my personal skills so I can contribute when I eventually join one. However, it seems most good clans require a certain level of commitment - because clan wars, etc - and here's the problem: I'm shaky on commitment, because of real life stuff. 

So... is it possible to join a good clan that would tolerate me, a very-much-still-learning player who can't commit specific no.s of hours per day? In SEA server? I feel very conflicted internally at times because I feel I miss out a lot on teamplay - which, judging from the streams I watch, seems a lot more fun and meaningful - and yet I don't feel I can commit/contribute enough.

What can I do about it? I feel like I'm at a dead end because I don't have ideas to tackle this. Any suggestions from anyone who's experienced such a situation before?

(Sorry if this should belong in another forum.)

sundanceHelix

There are multiple clans that don't have an attendance requirement, and are purely for platooning. Limbo doesn't do CW, neither does kimbo. Many CW clans have subdivisions that do no CW and act as a social sect for the community.

Browse around the recruitment threads, I'm sure you'll find something. IIRC you're about on level for SHOJO, who I know do no CW.

There are multiple clans that don't have an attendance requirement, and are purely for platooning. Limbo doesn't do CW, neither does kimbo. Many CW clans have subdivisions that do no CW and act as a social sect for the community.

Browse around the recruitment threads, I'm sure you'll find something. IIRC you're about on level for SHOJO, who I know do no CW.

He's SEA.

Hi. 

Send me an invite if you wanna platoon.  :)

Oh and if you wanna get better, start foraying into higher tiers and stop playing so much TDs. Heavies and mediums will teach you so much more and elevate your gameplay. Most TDs promote a encourage a passive style of play that barely teaches you how to influence games, especially at lower tiers since you don't have the health pool to do so. 

There is a lot of recruitment threads on the official SEAsian forum, failing that there is a way on WG's website to search for clans which meet your requirements. Not having any tier 10's will rule out CW clans, but plenty play strongholds skirmishes only at tier 6 and 8.

Best of luck,

Hello all,

Funny to see the "SEA server" thing causing quite a stir. :P

prolix - thank you very much, what you say is indeed true. My massive TD and SPG games-played stats are a relic of my tomato-er days. Nowadays I'm spending more time on the KV1S, M6 (going for T29) and the T-34, trying to get a hold of heavy and medium playstyles. As for higher tiers, it will take me a while to get my high tiered MTs and HTs because my highest tiered vehicles are TDs (Borsig, Jagdpanther, SU152) thanks to the time I spent on them. I will get in touch with you in-game.

A_Hardy_Buck - thanks for the offer, although I only have one tier 8 and that's the Borsig. Hopefully I can quickly sixth-sense my KV1S commander, and then it'll be a straight grind to the IS3 once that happens.

stewiejp and HemanathanRX7 thanks for your respective advice.

See you guys around!

sundanceHelix