Sign in to follow this  
FavreFan4ever

How not to play French tanks

Hello WoTlabs replay viewing community,

This is my own personal thread of terribad replays for your viewing displeasure. Here I will post replays of me failing hard, and if you want to review them, please go ahead.

All I ask is that you are honest and constructive. I know I am not a good tanker, so telling me I suck is redundant. Hopefully feedback from this thread can help make me less bad.

I would like you to focus on initial deployment, hp trades, and map awareness, because for French tanks these are perhaps the most important skills to have. Of course anything you can point out is helpful, but I feel I struggle most with the first two. I will lay out my thought process in major situations so you can gain some insight as to why I did what I did.

WARNING: This thread may contain links to replays with me playing the Lorraine 40t. These replays may be graphic and hard to watch. You have been warned.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1576809#team

This first replay is me in my AMX 50B on Karelia South Spawn. I decide not to push hill because they have a good platoon in fast tanks: 2 AMX 50B's and a Leopard 1. (I probably made a mistake here: hindsight is 20/20 but I probably could've made it to the hill)

I decide to go to the other side of the map to get my gun in play and support a friendly T57, and proceed to get torn apart by their meds on the hill. I manage to bounce off a WT pz. IV, and escape to defend base from the pushing enemy team.

I pick a bad spot and come under fire from the meds still unspotted on the hill. I fire two off at the T54E1 before dying to the WT pz. IV.

If someone has a free camera mode in replays (like Jingles/QB) and can show me where my last shot against the T54E1 went, that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like it went right through him/his tracks.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1576809#team

This first replay is me in my AMX 50B on Karelia South Spawn. I decide not to push hill because they have a good platoon in fast tanks: 2 AMX 50B's and a Leopard 1. (I probably made a mistake here: hindsight is 20/20 but I probably could've made it to the hill)

I decide to go to the other side of the map to get my gun in play and support a friendly T57, and proceed to get torn apart by their meds on the hill. I manage to bounce off a WT pz. IV, and escape to defend base from the pushing enemy team.

I pick a bad spot and come under fire from the meds still unspotted on the hill. I fire two off at the T54E1 before dying to the WT pz. IV.

If someone has a free camera mode in replays (like Jingles/QB) and can show me where my last shot against the T54E1 went, that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like it went right through him/his tracks.

Going north on Karelia sucks. There isn't much room to maneuver. From the front you are fighting whatever you are fighting plus TDs in the back you can't see and tanks on the hill shooting into your side.

Going north on Karelia sucks. There isn't much room to maneuver. From the front you are fighting whatever you are fighting plus TDs in the back you can't see and tanks on the hill shooting into your side.

So it's south... do or die?