Android25

Minecraft Server v2

17 members have voted

1. 1. How interested in a Minecraft Server are you?

• I would play on the server occasionally
    • I would play on the server a lot
    • I would play, but not with this modpack
    • I'm not interested in Minecraft (why are you still here?)
  2. 2. About server payment...

• I'll just let Android pick up the bill, but thanks for the server.
    • I could donate a little bit once or twice
    • If you had a Patreon account, I might throw a dollar or two at you
    • I have server hardware (and am active enough to manage it)/could get you a free host (This would be awesome)

I'm looking for an initial tally as to how many people would be interested in playing Minecraft as part of a WoTLabs community thing, should another server be started to serve such purpose. Gashtag ran the last server, which was vanilla and lasted a few months before people lost interest and those of us left playing were forced to stop when the server stopped getting paid for.

This server would be heavily modded, using a somewhat modified version of InfiTech 2. I haven't spent too much time with said modpack, but I'm already sure I would disable Hardcore Ender Expansion and I may try installing Mystcraft without the book binder, just for linking books for somewhat cheap and easy teleporting without letting people abuse teleport commands.

InfiTech uses Gregtech as a base tech mod instead of IC2 (Read: Hardmode). This would mean that if you plan on doing anything with machines, you would have to start in the bronze age and work your way up from there. However, if vanilla Minecraft is more your style, the mod doesn't change much of the underlying Minecraft, except ore generation is a lot different. If your interested in advanced farming or magic studies, there is Harvestcraft and Thaumcraft that are unaffected by Gregtech hardmode. However, if you want to deal with advanced ore refining, quarry mining, or visit the moon, then you will need to go through the entirety of Gregtech's hardmode Minecraft.

I can pay for a half decent server by myself. If more than 6-10 people want to be on at the same time, or lots of chunk loaders are being used, than I may need a little help.

If there's enough interest, I'll get started on bukkit plugins and the likes and maybe we can see a server up by next week. Otherwise... I guess I'll just host a smaller private server for some of the FOXEY people I already know are interested.

Edit:

24 hours later and there is already enough interest for me to continue working. In an effort to consolidate topics, I will use the space below the line to document all mod changes and possibly my reason for the changes. If anybody feels I should make more changes, or revert changes I've already made, feel free to comment on it (make sure you quote it so I get an email) and mention why something should be changed, or why my choice to change something is a poor one.

This is an ongoing list, changes will be posted without notification until server goes live:

Server Properties:

level-type=BIOMESOP - enables Biome's o Plenty

gamemode=0 - Survival for all of us

view-distance=10 - may possibly lower in an effort to cut down lag

difficulty=1 - can be changed upon unanimous request

Gregtech Changes:

FlintAndSteelChance=30 -> 100 - I feel that the flint and steel recipe is expensive enough that a 100% chance is in order, rather than the default 30% chance.

Mod Changes:

Removed "Hardcore Ender Expansion" - Changes the end too drastically, No ability to set up efficient Ender Ender or somewhat safely mine for Gregtech end ores

Added Mystcraft but disabled book binder - allows players to create linking books for easy but not completely free teleport around the world

I will be generating 1 stable flat Mystcraft world that generates crystals but really nothing else, so you can make linking portals with your linking books

Thaumcraft will not generate taint biomes in the world - because f**k taint biomes

The imbued fires of Thaumcraft are disabled due to a mishap on the old closed FOXEY server where blufish completely destroyed the Nether with aqua imbued fire "by accident".

Biome's o Plenty biomes that generate very high terrain are disabled to prevent lag

That's all for now, Bukkit and its plugins will be listed here "Soon™"

This sounds very interesting, need another game to play, other than WoT or classic DOOM.

This may sound like a retarded question, but how intensive on hardware is minecraft? I can play WoT at a constant 40-50fps, with everything bar the tanks and decals on low/lowest.

Also, my fiancee misses minecraft for the Xbox, so it would be a nice suprise for her to play it again.

If Limbo is tired of vanilla, i'm sure some of us will be interested.

I'll be sure to build another floating mountain house.

I'm interested too, modded minecraft best minecraft. I haven't played with greg tech on multiplayer since it's introduction, the server I used to play on would always veto it from the server's modpack because it made things "too hard". To be honest, I've totally lost touch with mc since I started playing tanks, so I have no idea what has changed since.

This sounds very interesting, need another game to play, other than WoT or classic DOOM.

This may sound like a retarded question, but how intensive on hardware is minecraft? I can play WoT at a constant 40-50fps, with everything bar the tanks and decals on low/lowest.

Also, my fiancee misses minecraft for the Xbox, so it would be a nice suprise for her to play it again.

While WoT is mostly Processor intensive, Minecraft is mostly RAM intensive. The more ram you have, the better off you'll be, to an extent obviously. I have 8 gigs and minecraft usually pulls 2 to 3 while I play on a server and a little over 4 when I'm playing single player.

Some things I've noticed while just playing SP for testing, Wood only gives 2 planks and 2 planks only make 2 sticks. So 1 wood makes 2 sticks instead of 8, which gets a bit annoying, but I guess as long as you have a good tree farm going...

On the bright side, Gregtech axes add tree felling (break bottom block and whole tree falls) at the cost of more of their durability, which is really really nice.

Also, bamboo replaces sticks in every recipe, so if you get a small bamboo farm going, you'll have sticks galore.

I would run in background for funsies and multicolored sheep farms.

My friend made a rainbow sheep farm on my server, between his animals and everyone else's farm, it wasn't laggy even while playing other games with the server running.

I'd be really interested, I am actually looking for a server to play on with some of my Frenchy Foo Foo Communauty, needs to be heavily modded because Vanilla is boring, That'd be great, I'll be playing if you can get the server.

I'd be interested but i have no experience with GT. Tho' i'd really miss TiCo and Botania

While WoT is mostly Processor intensive, Minecraft is mostly RAM intensive. The more ram you have, the better off you'll be, to an extent obviously. I have 8 gigs and minecraft usually pulls 2 to 3 while I play on a server and a little over 4 when I'm playing single player.

Java doesn't use memory well, too much and it's all as bad as too little because it can't remove the garbage, everywhere i read reccomends using no more than 4gb for minecraft.

I'd definitely be interested.

One thing to keep in mind though, because this will definitely be an issue at some point: heavily modded servers, especially with IC2, Gregtech, and similar mods, will lag like a motherfucker if you/we don't shell out for a beefy server.

I'm taking at the least a week break from the cancerous game known as WoT. I could contribute a few bucks towards the server.

I keep seeing recommendations for Beyound Reality for a GTech centered pack, but haven't played it yet.

Only experience is with the Direwolf20 pack.

I've always only played vanilla minecraft so don't understand what half the stuff means but would be willing to give it a try. The only modded minecraft I played was on the hunger games minecraft server which was kind of fun ( survived once to be 3rd last left alive (out of 100) until some dude used some spell to pull me up to the surface from my underground cavern :( )