Android25

Minecraft Server v2

17 members have voted

1. 1. How interested in a Minecraft Server are you?

• I would play on the server occasionally
    • I would play on the server a lot
    • I would play, but not with this modpack
    • I'm not interested in Minecraft (why are you still here?)
  2. 2. About server payment...

• I'll just let Android pick up the bill, but thanks for the server.
    • I could donate a little bit once or twice
    • If you had a Patreon account, I might throw a dollar or two at you
    • I have server hardware (and am active enough to manage it)/could get you a free host (This would be awesome)

You can take a look here to see what modded MC can be like https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaiPn4ewcbkEC_hsSjPSqN8Mz3qWVC_MA

His LP is what made me pick up the game again, using his modpack.

This weekend i started a Sky Factory 2 skyblock to change the pace a bit, it's like this

I'd probably swing by to check out the mods but I doubt I'd play long or much unless there were true community projects going on. I also wouldn't be able to contribute financially anything more than maybe small amounts here and there.

I actually have a server up and running right now. PvP is a little laggy but block breaking is fine. I think it needs another gig of ram but that would require me to switch hosts (which I'll do next month bit this is good for testing), so I think I'll just give out the server address tomorrow.

Permissions have me a little upset. The best permission mods in the game are written for bukkit, but since this is a mod pack and not a plugin pack, the server uses forge instead of bukkit. There is a base called cauldron, that let's you use forge and bukkit together, but since bukkit is going through a DMCA takedown right now, nobody has updated cauldron for 1.7.10, which is the MC version the modpack is on.

So that leaves me stuck with Forge Essentials instead of Bukkit Essentials, and Fe is terrible in contrast to Be.

So far I've been able to successfully set up groups. When you first join the server, you can move around but can't interact with the world. Mobs can attack you but not hurt you. People in the Mods group can add players to the Members group, which allows you interact with the world and change your nickname. No matter what I try, I can't manage to give anybody not OP the ability to kick or ban players, but that's sort of ok, because they can remove players from the Members group and then they can't do anything any more.

I can't get beds to work as spawn points, which is really really annoying me. Its sort of ok because users could just make a linking book to their house and put it in a book room at spawn. If they want to be left alone and not make a book, then they would have to deal with the consequences of death and walk back to their house... Which makes sense for a hard mode server I guess.

I actually have a server up and running right now. PvP a little laggy but block breaking is fine. I think it needs another gig of ram but that would require me to switch hosts (which I'll do next month bit this is good for testing), so I think I'll just give out the server address tomorrow.

Permissions have me a little upset. The best permission mods in the game are written for bukkit, but since this is a mod pack and not a plugin pack, the server uses forge instead of bukkit. There is a base called cauldron, that let's you use forge and bukkit together, but since bukkit is going through a DMCA takedown right now, nobody has updated cauldron for 1.7.10, which is the MC version the modpack is on.

Damn, is that thing with Bukkit still ongoing?

As for cauldron, Beyond Reality on ATLauncher has it for 1.7.10, dunno if you just plop it on another pack tho'.

Damn, is that thing with Bukkit still ongoing?

As for cauldron, Beyond Reality on ATLauncher has it for 1.7.10, dunno if you just plop it on another pack tho'.

It might work... Dropping a higher version of forge onto the server worked fine, so hopefully that will work too, that would be awesome because Forge Essentials sucks... It works for the bare minimum I need it for, but it sucks...

I'll try it when I get home from work

I actually have a server up and running right now. PvP is a little laggy but block breaking is fine. I think it needs another gig of ram but that would require me to switch hosts (which I'll do next month bit this is good for testing), so I think I'll just give out the server address tomorrow.

So that leaves me stuck with Forge Essentials instead of Bukkit Essentials, and Fe is terrible in contrast to Be.

So far I've been able to successfully set up groups. When you first join the server, you can move around but can't interact with the world. Mobs can attack you but not hurt you. People in the Mods group can add players to the Members group, which allows you interact with the world and change your nickname. No matter what I try, I can't manage to give anybody not OP the ability to kick or ban players, but that's sort of ok, because they can remove players from the Members group and then they can't do anything any more.

I can't get beds to work as spawn points, which is really really annoying me. Its sort of ok because users could just make a linking book to their house and put it in a book room at spawn. If they want to be left alone and not make a book, then they would have to deal with the consequences of death and walk back to their house... Which makes sense for a hard mode server I guess.

Right now, of course it will be fine.

The problem comes in when people get machinery set up.  I couldn't be happier if you get a lag-free server, but keep in mind that once expansion begins, there may well be some serious lag problems.  Maybe the mods have been streamlined though, I don't know... but it's a possibility.  All those mods are a fair bit more intensive than vanilla.

Oh my god it was a total bitch to get cauldron working (Beyond Reality doesn't contain it by default, just supports it), but I think I've got it... I'm also switching the modpack to Beyond Reality because its practically the same pack but has native support for cauldron...

Scratch that, Infitech works with cauldron too, and I prefer its mods, especially for multiplier...

Right now, of course it will be fine.

The problem comes in when people get machinery set up.  I couldn't be happier if you get a lag-free server, but keep in mind that once expansion begins, there may well be some serious lag problems.  Maybe the mods have been streamlined though, I don't know... but it's a possibility.  All those mods are a fair bit more intensive than vanilla.

On that note i look forward to the modpacks getting ported to 1.8. It's one of the most optimized MC version so far while 1.7.10 is one of the worst performing.

I wanted to give a server address early this morning, so I could be online for several hours and give people perms if they happened to log on... but my host is down, so I just decided to go ahead and switch to a bigger server right away... Hopefully I'll have a working server within the next hour or two, but no promises... In the mean time, if anybody wants to be one of the first on the server, you can download the FTB launcher and install client with the pack code 17infitech. I'll have a more detailed explanation when I make another topic, but for now, if you know what your doing, go ahead.

Edit: @Neverwish if the server becomes popular/stays up longer than the last one did... would you be willing to create a sub-domain and point it at the server IP? That is of course if whoever you have wotlabs.net registered with allows unlimited sub-domains... Something like minecraft.wotlabs.net -points to-> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(server IP)... I would be willing to pay the one time extra for a dedicated IP so the ports worked if you would be willing to do that.

Sweet.  i'm looking forward to this, and I'm sure my son will be fucking pumped once I tell him (if he's OK to join that is?)

Finally... server loaded with cauldron as a base with no problems... only 69% base RAM usage, so there's almost a gig of free space for players and machines. I am soooooo happy right now... I've got to install some plugins and set up perms, but the hard part is done. I'll be making a new topic shortly with join info. Ofc your son can join dlur... also, your on my list of people I'm making Mods right off the bat...

Edit: @Neverwish if the server becomes popular/stays up longer than the last one did... would you be willing to create a sub-domain and point it at the server IP? That is of course if whoever you have wotlabs.net registered with allows unlimited sub-domains... Something like minecraft.wotlabs.net -points to-> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(server IP)... I would be willing to pay the one time extra for a dedicated IP so the ports worked if you would be willing to do that.

Might be able to do a DNS CNAME redirect for free.

I can't say I'll be looking to join right away Android - free time is more limited than when the last server was up, and I'm on one of my breaks from Minecraft, but who knows.

Will I have a spot available if/when it piques my interest?

I can't say I'll be looking to join right away Android - free time is more limited than when the last server was up, and I'm on one of my breaks from Minecraft, but who knows.

Will I have a spot available if/when it piques my interest?

theres like 60 server slots lol

I play minecraft for about 3 years and through my gamer life can say that this game becomes the favorite one and I never feel bored while playing in it. I would be very pleased if you would join my server and have fun together. On you can check out how many opportunities and mods you will get if you join this premium server on  https://ggservers.com  .