concep

WN8 for Blitz?

Not sure where else to post this or who exactly to message so I'll just leave this here.

Considering the API for Blitz (Mobile version of WoT) was released yesterday, is there a possibility of WN8 or a new rating for Blitz? It's annoying having to look someone up in-game and compare them only by their overall stats rather than their recent stats. I know for a fact that almost everyone who plays Blitz that knows anything about XVM would like Blitz to have some sort of rating system like WN8. Yeah, I know, the meta is pretty different on Blitz than PC given different HP per tank, alpha damage, RoF, DPM, etc. but it'd be nice if the mobile version could get something as well.

If there's a way for me to help out, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

What's the point of this? Anyone who played the game before the premiums were released will have extremely high stats. Not to mention the games are too short and not everyone's phone is actually good enough to do enough damage to have decent stats. 99% of the players would be bad players, with the 1% being decent enough to get *some* damage every game.

What's the point of this? Anyone who played the game before the premiums were released will have extremely high stats. Not to mention the games are too short and not everyone's phone is actually good enough to do enough damage to have decent stats. 99% of the players would be bad players, with the 1% being decent enough to get *some* damage every game.

The point is obvious. I was pretty clear in the OP. And I can assure you that everyone who played at the beginning of the game does not have extremely high stats, some have extremely high Winrates, but that's about it. Don't forget this is not a PC, the people who play Blitz at the beginning all played from iOS, only devices from the iPhone 4 down couldn't run it steadily so they made sure that the other devices could run around 40-60FPS. There was also huge optimization last patch so the excuse of FPS is out the window.

Edit: Yes, there are lots of idiots on Blitz. No, there are not enough to keep the good players from doing good.

The point is obvious. I was pretty clear in the OP. And I can assure you that everyone who played at the beginning of the game does not have extremely high stats, some have extremely high Winrates, but that's about it. Don't forget this is not a PC, the people who play Blitz at the beginning all played from iOS, only devices from the iPhone 4 down couldn't run it steadily so they made sure that the other devices could run around 40-60FPS. There was also huge optimization last patch so the excuse of FPS is out the window.

Edit: Yes, there are lots of idiots on Blitz. No, there are not enough to keep the good players from doing good.

I still see no point in someone taking their time to do this. Again, the matches don't even last long, and from over 1k games on the phone with my cousin, there's no good players below tier 8, and tiers 7 and below are fucked due to the amount of premiums you can buy. I would never have imagined WoT being "The team with the best Lowe players and 1-2 tier 6s wins".

It's literally P2W.

I still see no point in someone taking their time to do this. Again, the matches don't even last long, and from over 1k games on the phone with my cousin, there's no good players below tier 8, and tiers 7 and below are fucked due to the amount of premiums you can buy. I would never have imagined WoT being "The team with the best Lowe players and 1-2 tier 6s wins".

It's literally P2W.

I don't see why matches not lasting long have anything to do with XVM. I don't think Tier 7 and below are fucked because of premiums, I think they're fucked because of MM. Tier 5 and 6 see -1/+2 MM which make them a pain in the ass. When's the last time you played, though? I see T34s and IS-6s way more than Lowes, albeit not as rare as a Super Pershing. I don't think it's P2W. Now there is a function that allows you to use free exp on crew skills but if you're too stupid to fire at the right moment, those skills are useless, right?

Anyways, I didn't make the thread to talk about the cons of Blitz. I made it to discuss a possible rating system.

I don't see why matches not lasting long have anything to do with XVM. I don't think Tier 7 and below are fucked because of premiums, I think they're fucked because of MM. Tier 5 and 6 see -1/+2 MM which make them a pain in the ass. When's the last time you played, though? I see T34s and IS-6s way more than Lowes, albeit not as rare as a Super Pershing. I don't think it's P2W. Now there is a function that allows you to use free exp on crew skills but if you're too stupid to fire at the right moment, those skills are useless, right?

Anyways, I didn't make the thread to talk about the cons of Blitz. I made it to discuss a possible rating system.

That's my point. When you see that many tier 8 pref. tanks, there's a problem. Tier 6 and 7 are fucked regardless, and having an xvm rating would be pointless as the only reason you would need it would be to "gloat about super-leet Blitz skills" that no one cares about or to XVM-snipe someone on the other team and focus them down, and the matches go by too fast for that to even be of use. I've not played the game in over a month, due to the amount of tier 8 pref. tanks ruining my tier 6 & 7 grinding/fun.

That's my point. When you see that many tier 8 pref. tanks, there's a problem. Tier 6 and 7 are fucked regardless, and having an xvm rating would be pointless as the only reason you would need it would be to "gloat about super-leet Blitz skills" that no one cares about or to XVM-snipe someone on the other team and focus them down, and the matches go by too fast for that to even be of use. I've not played the game in over a month, due to the amount of tier 8 pref. tanks ruining my tier 6 & 7 grinding/fun.

The matches are not 30 seconds a piece. They're 7 minutes. I have been focused down dozens of times by people who consider me to be a good player. And I'm not asking for implementation into the game like a mod, I'm just talking about getting it on a website like WoTLabs. I'm sure someone else will make a Cydia Source for XVM in-game or just add it on to the existing one. Besides, I doubt many people will come here to gloat and steal yours or anyone else's spotlight. I'm not asking for everyone to dogpile on to this, just asking for someone to help out. You don't want XVM for Blitz, I get that. But there are others who do, some who have been looking forward to it for awhile, like myself. WoT is competitive on every platform, whether playing on a phone or playing on a gaming computer, there are those who want it to be competitive. It's an online game with millions of people, what do you expect?

Documentation where?

Oh right, it uses the same API as World of Tanks, forgot that. :x

Are you asking for XVM as a mod in Blitz, or just a place to display the different ratings, which has really nothing to do with XVM?

(XVM is an extensive mod compilation, or at least started as that. Now its a grand project with many useful features).

As with Efficiency and WN8 (or WN7), all information required is available through the API, so you just need a place to display it.

And since there are no dedicated profile page, like with PC and X360, I myself can't really make something for it.

Tho, you have WoT Blitz Stars

No style, but it gives you some of your stats.

Documentation where?

Oh right, it uses the same API as World of Tanks, forgot that. :x

Are you asking for XVM as a mod in Blitz, or just a place to display the different ratings, which has really nothing to do with XVM?

(XVM is an extensive mod compilation, or at least started as that. Now its a grand project with many useful features).

As with Efficiency and WN8 (or WN7), all information required is available through the API, so you just need a place to display it.

And since there are no dedicated profile page, like with PC and X360, I myself can't really make something for it.

Tho, you have WoT Blitz Stars

No style, but it gives you some of your stats.

I'm asking more for a rating system for Blitz, I'm sure that some Russian modder will come up with the mod as long there is something for them to display. I've been told since the meta is different there that'd need a different rating system all together, but I wouldn't complain if WN8 could work.

Sorry for the miswording.

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, since all ratings for WoT has been made with the PC version in mind, but it doesn't really mean it can't be used at all.

Sure WN8 is giving players a rating based on what they do compared to the average pc player, but the calculation will still be the same for everyone, so it'll still be comparable.

You just might get inflated ratings, or deflated.

Some sites supporting the Xbox 360 version also has WN8, WN7 and Efficiency, including my own userscript.

WoTInfo

Don't know how difficult it is to mod WoT Blitz, but I doubt that we'll see something like XVM for it.

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, since all ratings for WoT has been made with the PC version in mind, but it doesn't really mean it can't be used at all.

Sure WN8 is giving players a rating based on what they do compared to the average pc player, but the calculation will still be the same for everyone, so it'll still be comparable.

You just might get inflated ratings, or deflated.

Some sites supporting the Xbox 360 version also has WN8, WN7 and Efficiency, including my own userscript.

WoTInfo

Don't know how difficult it is to mod WoT Blitz, but I doubt that we'll see something like XVM for it.

I see what you're saying. I think they stats will be slightly inflated but not by much. Maybe coming up with a slightly different color scale? Would you be willing to help me with implementing WN8 for Blitz to a website, existing or not? Also, the Russians have a Cydia Source (Jailbroken store) for mods so I think once this is up, they'll work on XVM for Blitz.

WN8 wouldn't be valid for Blitz, sorry. For starters its 7v7...

As Orrie said, it could still work. Stats would just be inflated or deflated, but still comparable. If it doesn't work in the long run, I'm sure someone in the Blitz community can eventually come up with another system.

As Orrie said, it could still work. Stats would just be inflated or deflated, but still comparable. If it doesn't work in the long run, I'm sure someone in the Blitz community can eventually come up with another system.

It'd be easier to implement Efficiency then. 

Also, the method for developing WN8 is summarized in the wiki and archived in the WN8 development thread, so someone could readily apply the same methods to dig out expected values and get the regression coefficients for Blitz. Open source and all. 

It'd be easier to implement Efficiency then. 

Also, the method for developing WN8 is summarized in the wiki and archived in the WN8 development thread, so someone could readily apply the same methods to dig out expected values and get the regression coefficients for Blitz. Open source and all. 

Just curious but why would it be easier to implement EFF then? Also, that's a lot of pages to read through on WN8 dev thread.

By the way, I'm not the one who will be doing the actual implementation, I'm just the only person who actually goes on WoTLabs and therefore took it upon myself to help out because while I'm banned on the Blitz forums for another 15 minutes or so (been banned for a week due to shit mods).

Eff is way way simpler to compute. 

But it doesn't go as heavily by damage as WN8 does which is what a lot of people on Blitz are more interested in. I'm sure there are people more than willing to use it despite the complexity.

Imo blitz numbers will need to be recalculated because the HP pools don't scale like desktop tanks do.

Average damage per game is around the same for a good amount of tanks, spread throughout the tiers (just from looking at hundreds of different people' stats) and nations. Although, there are problems around Tier 6-8 heavies. Some of the worst players I've seen have what would be considered above average damage on PC in these tanks on Blitz.