IAmA_Tank_AMA

IAmA_Tank_AMA's Noobie Mentor Program

I'm starting a Mentoring program for World of Tanks players that are looking to improve.

I started this game with no assistance and failed horribly for a LONG time.

w8fIA.gif

After I realized I was doing everything wrong it was a long difficult road to get my stats out of the red.

fall1.gif

I am offering this service to players who themselves have realized that they need some guidance and advice to get to the next level (whether that be red -> orangeyellow -> green, etc).

If you are proficient at this game (read: dark green+) then this is not meant for you.

I do not consider myself an amazing player by any means, but I hold my own, and I'm looking to give back to the community with this service.

My Stats:

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/iama_tank_ama

Training will consist of a pre-platoon discussion where I will ask you some questions to try to get a feel of your skill level/knowledge of game mechanics

After that we will discuss tank types, tiers, and playstyles (and what would be the best for you)

We will then get going with a platoon and get some real time coaching going

Post-game we will discuss what was done and what could have been done differently

This will be a free service, I'm available from about 3-5pm EST and again later in the night around 8pm (Unless I have CW/Skirmishes)

Requirements

1k Battles

Recent WN8 < 1300 (1300+ I probably cannot help you much)

Tier 3+

Teamspeak (Mic & Ears)

Willingness to learn and take direction

Post Below if you are interested! Or just PM me when I'm online in game

That's nice of you to this Tank

Peace

Didn't realize this person was a user here at Wotlabs until today. Bit of an exercise in shaming, but yesterday I had a run in with IAmA_Tank_AMA in which he was playing the M53/M55, and elected to try and team kill me - driving the T-54 - in a tier 9 game because I fail platooned with a friend. Already reported the incident and spoke with a higher-up in NARWL, so it's no big deal at this point.

I'm sure IAmA_Tank_AMA can teach some less experienced players a thing or two, but take your interactions with him with a grain of salt. And remember, team killing is never justified unless it's necessary for your own protection. ;)

TKing someone for dick platooning is less of an offense than dick platooning.

NARWL rewards undesirable behavior? Fascinating. Guess I held them falsely in high regard previously; I'll make sure to adjust my opinion.

Though to be honest, I'm not sure what more I expected from a Reddit clan.

And now you're trolling. Consider this a mod warning to get out of the thread.

I think I qualify. If I see you online later I will hit you up :) Thank you for offer. (It might  be tomorrow though, I had surgery today and still a bit drugged up from the sedation, so today I probably wouldn't be worth your time)

I think I qualify. If I see you online later I will hit you up :) Thank you for offer. (It might  be tomorrow though, I had surgery today and still a bit drugged up from the sedation, so today I probably wouldn't be worth your time)

I'll look for you tomorrow, get well!

I am certainly interested in this. looking to push my growth to the next level. was improving quite a bit for a while but I seem to have plateaued and it shows in my noob meter charts. need to correct this pronto! 

Will try and look you up in game. I am slowly gaining skill. I still find myself doing stupid things out of either bad habit or just lack of skill. I am a break-it-then-fix-it type learner so painful lessons usually stick but as I said, not always!

My super fast review of IAmA_Tank........ great guy, taught me lots, he will not be a waste of your time. Hit him up if you want help...but probably best if you' re like Red or Orange or maybe yellow etc etc etc. 

Thank you IAmA_Tank. Sorry I freaked you out with my female voice the first time I spoke ;) lol

My super fast review of IAmA_Tank........ great guy, taught me lots, he will not be a waste of your time. Hit him up if you want help...but probably best if your like Red or Orange or maybe yellow etc etc etc. 

Thank you IAmA_Tank. Sorry I freaked you out with my female voice the first time I spoke ;) lol

Girls scare me!

Thanks for leaving a comment :]

Looking forward to teaching you some more stuff sometime 

Thanks for offering to mentor in my intro post. 

I live on West server, but I'll add you to my friends list, which shows who's on either server, so I'll know when you're online, and get back  to you. 

Are you still doing mentoring? I'll see if I can catch you in-game unless you're closed off at the moment.

I am always looking to learn more. I will have to see about looking you up soonish.

I am always looking to learn more. I will have to see about looking you up soonish.

Sanjinn! My review clearly stated that if you were green, you would not need his services!! ;)  now get to work on that "galleri is sacrificial lamb material" strat.

j/k :P

Sanjinn! My review clearly stated that if you were green, you would not need his services!! ;)  now get to work on that "galleri is sacrificial lamb material" strat.

j/k :P

:P I can probably help him, just not people who are like 1500+ recent WN8