Sign in to follow this  
Fusive

T-44 Mines

Just an FYI, I'm not that good but here's my two cents anyway. 

Good choice on going to the hill, you had the medium advantage, with you and the Obj. 416 going up there, both being top tier you would do well. The only trouble could be if all of their mediums and lights went there. But they didn't, so well done. Their heavies didn't try to push you and tunnel visioned on the tanks in front and let you get free shots on them, the only problem is that if arty looked at you, you were lit and not arty safe (depends a little on the arc of the M44 shell), which could have wrecked you.

The game was basically over but when you pushed over at the Lowe, you could have got stuck on the rock, which might have been awkward. 

The only other comment is that you rushed a few shots on the heavies flanks on the hill, when none of them were looking at you and you could have taken your time. But that is a quibble really, you got the shots and didn't get shot. That's what matters. 

But overall your team won convincingly, so there's isn't a lot more to say. Good game. 

PS; Its my personal preference and isn't much related to the game but I put my repair kit on 5, so I can double tap 5 and repair my tracks instantly. But if you are comfortable with it, don't worry about it. 

I will put the repair kit on 5 next time i'm online. I am trying to be more aware of where the enemy guns are facing so I do not rush the shots, but It is hard for me to think about in the "Heat of Battle". Thanks!

Going hill from south spawn is a bad idea 90% of the time. Did you even realize how many people you spotted along with the Object 416? They should've had your asses or brought you down to at least half your HP without any trouble. At the very least you should've had your turret turned towards them. I guess the majority of the population doesn't know this, but it's much easier to get to hill on Mines from the north side than the south side. Count yourself lucky. Inb4 "but it worked!"

The way you played on the hill was kind of terrible and kind of good. There were a lot of times when you paniced and started backing up and then shot. In all of those cases, there was no reason to back up. None of those tanks were looking at you because they were dumb, so you really should've just stayed in your place, aimed a bit more, and landed those shots. You did better when the WZ went up the hill again since you just sat there and shot his side. Also, idk why you tried to shot that Tiger II that was moving back. You were back up and bounced the shot, but you really should've just stayed behind cover and while shooting the tanks that were hugging the rock and not looking your way since they were SUPER easy targets.

As for actual positioning on the hill, you did it pretty well. Might want to back up farther every once in awhile since that spot isn't arty safe IIRC.

When the T29 was about to go past the hill, you should've just taken you last shot, not moved, and ignored him. He was super low, and there was more pressing matters to deal with (everything in front of you). At the worst you would have to fight him when he peeks over on the other side of the rock, but it was dead. What you did almost got you shot by the IS, which would've been a mistake.

You kind of dove off the cliff. There was no point to that. Might have been better to just taken your shot while kind of dangling on the cliff and slowly come down. I would've stayed on the hill to get shots on the JagdPz4 afterwards (he wasn't looking at you and he isn't really a threat). Nothing really wrong outside of the speed you and place you jumped off the hill, really.

Going hill from south spawn is a bad idea 90% of the time. Did you even realize how many people you spotted along with the Object 416? They should've had your asses or brought you down to at least half your HP without any trouble. At the very least you should've had your turret turned towards them. I guess the majority of the population doesn't know this, but it's much easier to get to hill on Mines from the north side than the south side. Count yourself lucky. Inb4 "but it worked!"

In regards to that, what do you reckon you should do from South spawn? I'm kinda of the opinion to try to rush it anyway and accept you'll eat a shot or if the opposition is too strong try to track the guys that cross in front of you. Thoughts?

In regards to that, what do you reckon you should do from South spawn? I'm kinda of the opinion to try to rush it anyway and accept you'll eat a shot or if the opposition is too strong try to track the guys that cross in front of you. Thoughts?

I kind of have the same problem. If I start on the south spawn and the enemy doesn't have any fast tanks (which is rare) I go to the hill. In the other case I stick to the island in the west but I feel that's quite a limiting option.

I haven't even played the new Mines because MM decided that in my 62 games back that I should only get Tundra/Stalingrad/Pearl River/Himmelsdorf/Malinovka/Murovanka/NW/South Coast/Airfield (I have seriously not seen any other maps). Either way, I always used to just go up around the rock and shoot the people going on hill. Then just slowly work the hill since the majority of pubbies don't know how to peek. City might be viable now with the change, but idk since I mostly play big, slow mediums (aka not Russian t9-t10 meds). I still wouldn't even try it with T-44 since it'll probably get rekt.

And Mines is a shit map. They should've removed it ages ago or restricted the tier.