Thanks too MeatheadMilitia getting the invite codes to the US servers I decided to have a look. Obviously I have only had very few games and what I suppose will be early morning late night games by the US clock ( I'am in the UK GMT btw) But my first impressions are that the game play is more relaxed and co-ordinated than the EU. Also I found that the players are a lot more positive and nicer too each other than EU in chat with an altogether more pragmatic approach in a loss or draw. In comparison the EU pubbie play is more like a Benny hill sketch and seem to consider the mini map as being too OP & cheating. 

Now considering my low battle count over there, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or did I just get a lucky run. I may play over there a lot more if its the norm as my ping is great on the East coast servers.

Tato

Mostly been playing NA tier 5-7 and can't say I notice any difference in the gameplay styles between the same tiers on EU. 

I've found NA chat to be more civil than EU - on average. There's plenty of bad, and some good on both servers.  

"relaxed and co-ordinated" -  "players are nicer" NA? Are we talking about the same NA server here?  :happy:

I actually have met some pretty nice people, but I think there are probably just as many nice people, if not more, on the other servers.

I think it depends a lot on the time and days that you play. For example, you will probably see more rude people on during weekends. 

From what I've observed and what someone (sorry, I'm bad with names) in LABS pointed out, a lot of interesting people play during early morning hours, and I can definitely see a pattern. I've been TK'd ~6 times over the weekend and each time was before the sun had risen (with the exception of one of them in the afternoon).

But hey, don't let that stop you, it's always nice to meet people who live in other countries. If you do decide to stay, you can shoot me a platoon invite (NA East) if you're ever on and want a platoonmate. 

Biggest difference between NA and EU is the number of players and their quality.  NA has way less players, but a much higher average skill.  On EU there are lots of players, and many of them with under 500 WN8.  This means that a very good player (unicum and up) can carry a team solo much more efficiently than the same player can on EU.

Biggest difference between NA and EU is the number of players and their quality.  NA has way less players, but a much higher average skill.  On EU there are lots of players, and many of them with under 500 WN8.  This means that a very good player (unicum and up) can carry a team solo much more efficiently than the same player can on EU.

It's the other way around.

EU having more terribads allows EUnicums to get more damage and win more for the same skill; NA players are much better at minimizing exposure and not-dying.

Played quite a few games on NA now and I can honestly say that there's no noticeable difference in game. The situations you'll find yourself in over a large sample are pretty much exactly the same as EU, each require a certain level of skill, NA and EU players are equally shit and equally good.

The difference; how much sperg you get in chat. Theoretically, NA should have an advantage due to the lack of language barrier, but it's so not the case, people get absorbed into arguments over ridiculous shit all the same, teamwork isn't any more prevalent than it is in EU.

Played quite a few games on NA now and I can honestly say that there's no noticeable difference in game. The situations you'll find yourself in over a large sample are pretty much exactly the same as EU, each require a certain level of skill, NA and EU players are equally shit and equally good.

The difference; how much sperg you get in chat. Theoretically, NA should have an advantage due to the lack of language barrier, but it's so not the case, people get absorbed into arguments over ridiculous shit all the same, teamwork isn't any more prevalent than it is in EU.

Hey sometimes I get caught in the arguement... its usually about how I'm a relic elitist prick which haxs to wins, and I'm just like LOLOLOLOL damage farm, kill steal mode, and Auto-aim snapshot ACTIVATED!!!

Never been on the other servers, but over all, most of the stuff going on in chat is pretty tame.  You always get "NOOB", and "Uninstall" stuff.  Every now and then there are some protracted arguments.

I play a good bit, mostly between 6pm and 1am EST, and don't usually run into that many problems or TK'ers.  Saturday night was probably the most amusing.  Driving along in my IS, a Type 59 tries to squeeze under me against a ridge and runs himself up the bank.  He starts shooting me, then his toon mate actually stops and comes around and starts popping me.  He starts typing about how I should learn to drive my tank... he turns blue, then his toon mate turns blue, team eliminates them both.

He raged for a quite a bit about how we were fools and should uninstall.... Next match I ran into a couple of other guys from his platoon, gave them a salute and asked if this player was a hot head, they just laughed and answered that oh yeah, he's the commander of the clan.  (-:  Gotta love it.  Top 100 clan too.

Other than that incident, its usually squeakers yipping about lack of support, you should have done this.... blah, blah, blah...

Anytime you put this many people into an anonymous environment you're gonna have folks being obnoxious.  Ignore it or troll them.  I personally love nothing more than trolling them when they start yipping.  But that's just me.  (-:

General gameplay seems the same to me, although I'm getting my experience from watching some EU replays.

Four noticeable differences:

1. EU players rarely see blue/purple platoons. You go on NA west and 40-50% of your games will have one of these, you go to EU and you can go an entire session and only see one or two. There's a lot more red/yellow/green.

2. Less gold use on EU.

3. More chat on NA, by a lot - along with all that comes with it. Sometimes it means better coordination, sometimes it means an entire team gets bogged down by talking about whether Obama is really a muslim invader.

4. More German tanks on EU, more American tanks on NA.

Also the insults on EU are hilarious. FUCK FUCK FUCK WHORE MOTHER, WHORE MOOOTHER!!!

Im truly amazed, that someone finds the NA chat civil, I was pretty sure we were the reason the phrase "cancer" came about.

Im truly amazed, that someone finds the NA chat civil, I was pretty sure we were the reason the phrase "cancer" came about.

well that's pretty tame as far as interwebs shittalk goes.

Good thing about EU is that you can test your language skills when you try to find related words from other languages to identify the insults in romanian, serbian, polish and whatnot that are thrown at you. I knew taking latin classes would pay off someday!

General gameplay seems the same to me, although I'm getting my experience from watching some EU replays.

1. EU players rarely see blue/purple platoons. You go on NA west and 40-50% of your games will have one of these, you go to EU and you can go an entire session and only see one or two. There's a lot more red/yellow/green.

2. Less gold use on EU.

3. More chat on NA, by a lot - along with all that comes with it. Sometimes it means better coordination, sometimes it means an entire team gets bogged down by talking about whether Obama is really a muslim invader.

4. More German tanks on EU, more American tanks on NA.

Also the insults on EU are hilarious. FUCK FUCK FUCK WHORE MOTHER, WHORE MOOOTHER!!!

LMAO thats the Borat effect right there !

I think it was probably just because Garbad happens to live in the U.S.   :D

It's the other way around.

EU having more terribads allows EUnicums to get more damage and win more for the same skill; NA players are much better at minimizing exposure and not-dying.

Agree.  I was thinking about overall win rate with my comment, should have specified more ... :)

Good thing about EU is that you can test your language skills when you try to find related words from other languages to identify the insults in romanian, serbian, polish and whatnot that are thrown at you. I knew taking latin classes would pay off someday!

I usually have fun time trolling people that sperg in some unknown-to-me-language (I know english and finnish well, some german, some swedish, some russian, some spanish) when they get rekt with phrases like "sorry I don't speak klingon" or "sorry I don't speak kurwa". It seems to make them sperg even more in that unknown language like I suddenly know exactly what he is saying and we would just guess over TS wtf are they on about afterwards :P

a lot of interesting people play during early morning hours...

that'll be all the euros logging onto NA to avoid the shitlords who come out to play on EU early sat and sunday.  To be fair, I suspect it's the same players who play the rest of the time, but all playing with hangovers and whatnot, so play deteriorates to madness.  By about 3pm (GMT) things stabilize and it's safe to come back.

Just depends time of day.  After midnight, EU2 server where CW's are played and you are quaranteed unicum platoons now and then. Not 40-50% of time though, that just should not happen in US either. If top 1% of players are unicum then where does all those come? Ok maybe that can happen if population of server is too small but still, how can all those peoples be unicum at a same time? Or are they keeping their unicum stats by sealclubbing low tiers?

Just depends time of day.  After midnight, EU2 server where CW's are played and you are quaranteed unicum platoons now and then. Not 40-50% of time though, that just should not happen in US either. If top 1% of players are unicum then where does all those come? Ok maybe that can happen if population of server is too small but still, how can all those peoples be unicum at a same time? Or are they keeping their unicum stats by sealclubbing low tiers?

yyyeeaaahhhh.... just, no. No. No.

It is a question of selective enrichment. While the purples are 0.1% of the playerbase, they are a larger proportion of the ACTIVE player base. And they are an even larger proportion of the ACTIVE TIER 10 playerbase. And at primetime after CW is over, they are on in sufficient numbers that you may see one platoon of them every other game or so. 3/30=10%. Every other game would make it ~5% or so of active players. But given that platoons are matched vs platoons and that purples tend to hunt in packs, it is not unusual to see blue/purple platoons run up against each other every few games.

Or are they keeping their unicum stats by sealclubbing low tiers?

I think you missed the implication that Rexxie was talking about high tiers.  In tier 10 battles there are nearly always at least a platoon of blues in the game, and often times multiple platoons.  Late at night when better players are on it's common to have all purple/blue/green players with a yellow or two sprinkled in.  When you get below tier 7 it's all red/orange terribads on both teams.

I think you missed the implication that Rexxie was talking about high tiers.  In tier 10 battles there are nearly always at least a platoon of blues in the game, and often times multiple platoons.  Late at night when better players are on it's common to have all purple/blue/green players with a yellow or two sprinkled in.  When you get below tier 7 it's all red/orange terribads on both teams.

No, the guy was asking why there is a high ratio of unicums to pubbies on NA compared to EU, when unica are supposed to be just the top 1%, and is suggesting that the NA unica can only keep their stats high through seal clubbing low tiers.