JunkersHiryu

My Opinion On The Real Scourge of WoT

ur azn

but muh dick is blek

-

in all seriousness, most issues stem from allowing RNG to rule in a single-game, single-life format. 

If we had respawn, it wouldn't be an issue to have artillery or anything like that, but respawn would destroy the core of WoT gameplay. 

So the only solution is to remove RNG-heavy elements - which is an issue, because your average player loves RNG-based tanks, and that's where money comes from. 

And making it purely skill-based so that the average player is reminded of how much they suck just drives them away. 

-

Also, IMs. 

The player base is shit in literally every game. This has to do with the fact that a ton of people online are assholes anyways...

Welcome to playing vidya games?

I have played alot of MMOs and visitng their forums i havent met one community that doesn´t rant or complain about the game, the company or the player base, or all together.

My questions are: Do we call shit because they are bad at the game? And are shit players just as bad in real life as well (excluding disabled players) , or the fault is on us for been too addicted?.....

I disagree with you.

IMO

You cant point 1 thing as THE major game-breaker, and if you would do that, XVM would'nt even be close to being it.

Pubbies will always find things to blame for their bad performance and all of that, you dont need XVM to see clam tags and i think having a top clam tag is way more toxic to pubbies than being a purple.

do i think XVM has a bad influence to pubbies? Yes, it does have.

Is it game-breaker? No, not even close.

"Getting hit by arti is all your fault" 

Erhm.. ok, maybe i can agree to that, if i wanted i could camp behind that uselles house on the base and not get hit by arti the whole game, but i dont...  so i go forward, trying to win the game by getting an advanced position wich gives me an advantage over the enemy team but 90% of the time i'll consequently expose myself to that magic being with god's view that will ruin my game in 1 shot, so yeah.. got your point, its my fault for trying to win the game.

For me the game-breakers are theses ones (in order of importance):

Arti

Personal missions (on this current meta)

RNG

XVM / Pubbies "P4F" attitude / top clam hate

I agree with Kewei on this one, I have always said since the beginning of this game that 25% RNG is just too much.  XVM just compounds how bad RNG is, any good players sees how shit the enemies are and when that player misses a "can't miss" shot or bounces a "can't bounce" shot and then the terrible baddie snapshot-pens them through the manlet it is truly rage-inducing and frustrating and leads to fast burn-out.  

Even without XVM (which I do often since i'm lazy to update mods) I just assume everyone is terrible which is a good assumption but the same effect happens.

A 10% pen RNG and 15% damage RNG would help tremendously by rewarding good play and shot placement and HP trading.

We've all been in those matches where you and your whole platoon just fucking can't hit a shot and pen for shit, and when you do pen it's a min roll always...this is pure RNG and it kills the game.

Arti again is just RNG that is amplified,  while I think it does hurt some matches especially with 3 or more per side, it is far from totally game-breaking.  As unicums we all fear a 41% arty more than a 57% arty since tat 41% will somehow hit you behind that arty safe hill while on the move that you never get hit behind since the shot is 99.9999999999% impossible but RNG threw it just right to catch the fucking antenna tip on your turret.

IMO, by FAR the most important thing that is ruining this game is the lack of knowledge of how to PLAY this game in the server population base.  I.E. --------> A select few thousands individuals (us wotlabbers as an example) KNOW how to play this game, abuse camouflage to certain degrees, angling, when and WHERE to push, arty reload times and when to attack/when to hide, sharing HP, etc........ALL of this WE KNOW.

There are WAY too many players in this game who have NO FUCKING CLUE what they are doing.  They run around, they die, they blame their shitty performance on the team and other reasons as well.  That has to be in my opinion the main reason this game is dying.  All the good players are leaving because they are sick of being on teams full of pubbies who have no fuckin clue what they are doing, that eventually it is left up to MM.  How many good players do you have on your side?  2? 3? Do you have more than them? If so will you win most likely?  Now it isn't a guarantee you will win but 99% of the time you WILL and 99% of the time these days XVM win chance will be correct.

Anyway for those who don't want to read the semi - jumbled thought process I have compiled this below.

Majority of the playerbase doesn't know how to play the game like us -------> Leads to shit teams with people who have less IQ gameplay wise than a cannoli --------> Leads to shit games being determined SOMEWHAT by how many good players you have on your team ---------> Leads to pubbies who perform like shit in games who then blame others for their lack of knowledge --------> Leads to all the good players who just can't take the stupidity anymore to leave (RIP BERGS) ---------> Eventually the game becomes permanently ruined as no good players want to beat their head in by trying to play tanks again.......

I have played alot of MMOs and visitng their forums i havent met one community that doesn´t rant or complain about the game, the company or the player base, or all together.

My questions are: Do we call shit because they are bad at the game? And are shit players just as bad in real life as well (excluding disabled players) , or the fault is on us for been too addicted?.....

Shit players are probably just as bad in real life. Here's my reasoning.

If a player is shit and remains shit, one of three things is possible.

1. He is ignorant of his ignorance (i.e. he doesn't know he has a problem, which indicates he lacks analytical skills to identify his weaknesses)

2. He believes he's doing well though he's shit (i.e. he thinks he's doing a good job when he's complete garbage, ditto in the whole "analytical skills" area)

3. He knows he's bad and refuses to learn (i.e. he's just a stubborn fuckwit)

Any one of the possibilities correlates with learning disabilities or a poor attitude towards learning, which subsequently correlates with a poor real life outlook.

Good players' ability to improve is a strong indication of an ability to reflect on their mistakes and to correct them, which in turn is an indicator of intelligence.

I still have XVM installed due to all the handy things it does that aren't specifically stat related, but round about the time XVM required activation to see stats I activated it once and just let it expire after that.  So basically I ran without any stats for around 3 months.  During that time my own recent winrate and wn8 went up significantly.  I attribute this partly to the tanks I was selecting to play during that time, but also to just not worrying about teams or altering my play based upon stats.

Ultimately, being in charge of recruiting I ended up having to re-enable stats again to do my job.  I did make some changes to my XVM config though.  I'm running everything based upon PR instead of wn8 because I want to recruit players that have depth, not just good stats.  I also set it up so that the only way I can see stats is if I hold down TAB, otherwise they aren't displayed on the loading screen or either player panel.  Works great because I can just TAB towards the end of the battle to see if there's any tagless players that played well and have decent PR.  

And now, when I'm playing comfortable tanks that I enjoy I do well and don't worry about stats.  I'm quite certain others might be adjusting their gameplay to target me, but that's fine since I'm just blue and because I'm in Relic and an asshole I'm more likely to get teamkilled than focused by enemy arty anyways (a batchat arty attempted to TK me last night for correcting his grammar).  If it wasn't for me adjusting my own gameplay to cater to individual missions I'd likely be at the top of my game just by not caring.

Shit players are probably just as bad in real life. Why?

If a player is shit and remains shit, one of three things is possible.

1. He is ignorant of his ignorance (i.e. he doesn't know he has a problem)

2. He believes he's doing well though he's shit (i.e. he thinks he's doing a good job when he's complete garbage)

3. He knows he's bad and refuses to learn (i.e. he's just a stubborn fuckwit)

Any one of the possibilities correlates with learning disabilities or a poor attitude towards learning, which subsequently correlates with a poor real life outlook.

Good players tend to be more intelligent overall, their ability to improve is a strong indication of an ability to reflect on their mistakes and to correct them.

That's completely untrue when you reach the extreme ends I'd like to add.

The actually smart people would avoid games altogether because they know they're a waste of time, or leave it as a casual activity. I've stopped playing regularly, and only to fuel my ego after high school ended for that reason. If they did play, they'd appear as green or blue out of sheer talent, but have no desire to improve, I think. 

Another thing is, you really can see a good player and a bad player without XVM.  Everyone who played before stats and even now knows that just looking at how your teammates drive out of the base you can instantly tell who is good and bad. 

Are you saying anonymity makes people behave worse then they would otherwise? -Snip-

Well, yeah it's pretty obvious anonymity gives people the opportunity to be assholes with minimal repercussions. 

But what I was saying was that the player base is shit, and so it uses XVM just to purple-snipe. The excuse might ve for XVm sniping; "I'm shooting the better players to give my team a chance". But yet I see so many fucks going out the window and yolo-clipping unicums just because of their purple name in XVM. It doesn't help your team at all when you lose a tank and an enemy tank is down to 10% health. The Unicum isn't dead, all you've done is thrown yourself away, ruined the game for the unica, and 9 times out of 10 the unicum will now just play more cautiously to stay alive.

My fundamental problem with this game is not all the broken shit in this game, but how the assholes exploit it and use it. Like the battle assist mode or whatever, like... If people recognized that it was broken and told SS to shove it up his ass, we would be safer from it. XVM falls into this as well, XVM is cool and all, but if you're JUST using it to purple snipe, plsgo. 

The community is ultimately the thing that makes everyone quit any game in the end. That or the game becomes so shit its not even worth playing anymore lmao.

I disagree with you.

IMO

You cant point 1 thing as THE major game-breaker, and if you would do that, XVM would'nt even be close to being it.

Pubbies will always find things to blame for their bad performance and all of that, you dont need XVM to see clam tags and i think having a top clam tag is way more toxic to pubbies than being a purple.

do i think XVM has a bad influence to pubbies? Yes, it does have.

Is it game-breaker? No, not even close.

"Getting hit by arti is all your fault" 

Erhm.. ok, maybe i can agree to that, if i wanted i could camp behind that uselles house on the base and not get hit by arti the whole game, but i dont...  so i go forward, trying to win the game by getting an advanced position wich gives me an advantage over the enemy team but 90% of the time i'll consequently expose myself to that magic being with god's view that will ruin my game in 1 shot, so yeah.. got your point, its my fault for trying to win the game.

For me the game-breakers are theses ones (in order of importance):

Arti

Personal missions (on this current meta)

RNG

XVM / Pubbies "P4F" attitude / top clam hate

You are looking at this from YOUR perspective. What makes a Unicum a unicum? The Latin meaning is "from neuter of unicus sole, single, unique" I said in my video that clan tags and names do exactly the same thing but are more abstract because there are many people who don't even know what a clan is much less what the tag represents. Your opinion looking from the top down is why I do not agree with YOU.

Unicum's usually do not care who is on the other team, we have a set plan of what were going to do, how were going to execute it and when. The basic player in this game can barely even move his tank forward without falling off a cliff much have a plan of action for 9 different scenarios. Players in this game look up to the best players to learn, to hone there skills. They don't absorb all of that knowledge however and focus on things they THINK  they understand. WN8 is one of these things, I am asked at least 20 times daily "How do I pad WN8?" Why do they ask this? Because they watch the top clans and purples DESTROY THEM repeatedly game after game after game. So when they see the same player that has beat them countless times appear against them for the 100th time how honestly do you think they are going to play? There are people in this game believe the win chance is the end all be all. You aren't even trying to look at this game as a 45%'er most likely because you don't even believe they should be allowed in the game. 

Getting hit by arty is your fault by at no time have i ever said it isn't a broken mechanic. You can cry foul, you can bitch, you can complain, you can whine about why arty should be removed EVERY SINGLE DAY. "It's either ARTY or me WG!" You'll exclaim! I will see you on another game then, because removing arty from the game would be financial suicide. They aren't in the business for your fun they are here to take your money. The day you understand that your perception of arty and why its here will change. It'll still be broken as all fuck, but it's purpose of allowing players why cant tank worth a damn to still earn that participation badge is all that matters. 

Our opinion of this does not matter when we make up such a small part of the games played. They say either way "WERE FUCKED GOTTA QUIT!" or "WE GO PURPLES I CAN SHOOP DA WHOOP AND THEN QUIT" (thus winning because SURELY those purples won't throw!)

Edit: Also I played through dark ages of 7 arty per side and my win rate still went up and I STILL wasn't complaining about arty then i still won't (go overboard with it) now.

I agree in essence that the biggest problem is stat based.  I quit using XVM since the last update and frankly, I'm much happier.  The WoT community as a whole spends far too much time making stats a big deal.  From the deniers who call legitimately good players nothing more than stat-padders to the good players who are consistently raining down hate and condemnation on everyone who doesn't meet up to their expected level of play.  Most of that happening before the initial count down has even finished.  WoTLabs was started with the intent to create a better gaming experience for players of all skill levels through educating the masses on those aspects of the game which seem to escape the majority.  It was and is a noble endeavor.  While some players embrace the help and strive to improve their game play, many still do not and an even bigger divide has been created between those that have achieved a fairly elite level of competence in the game and those that have not.  XVM only puts a spotlight on the differences.  As Junkers pointed out, many teams are defeated before their tank can even make it's first move.  I've even witnessed a player from an elite clan suicide at the beginning of a match out of spite because of the unbalanced odds.  You want to talk about demoralizing?  Watch a competent player in their E 100 drive into the water and drown 30 seconds into a match.  A tier 10 match at that.  You could see the rest of the team basically give up after that.  Yes, we got roflstomped.  Would we have won with him?  Who knows.  Maybe the result would have been the same, but I doubt it.

Junkers' point is well taken.  I don't know what the real fix is, but I'm starting to believe that removing XVM is a good start

Does anyone else have the xvm configuration that shows you what other players in the match also have xvm stats enabled?

I've been seeing minimum of half of each match at tier 9 and 10 runs xvm.

Does anyone else have the xvm configuration that shows you what other players in the match also have xvm stats enabled?

I've been seeing minimum of half of each match at tier 9 and 10 runs xvm.

The only reason i run it now on stream is because people constantly ask me why i'm not using it, bewildered at the fact that decent player just doesn't give a rats ass.

I kinda agree with Junkers. I was very happy when WG put the basic map mods in. Haven't run XVM since that patch and I am a lot happier. Course I can see when someone is taking their tank to the wrong place (heavies going north and camping on Artic region) and know that they are stupid. So that aspect is still there, but I have a little bit more blissful ignorance then I used too.

It's not my stats they want to see. They want to see how I deal with different colors. People are trying to emulate what they seem me do and because they run XVM they NEED to see it apparently or it doesn't correlate well enough. Or maybe i'm just too damn nice who knows?!

It has been almost a year since I have run any mods, except picking up some popular new mods then dropping them a couple matches later since just to see what they do. Not worrying about everyone else's stats in the match is nice.

Tbh, all it would take for me is for some of the regulars I like hanging out with on TS switching permanently to another game I enjoy. We'll see if AW is that game.

Why would the players there be any better than WoT?  Maybe temporarily until all the tomatoes find it.

You are looking at this from YOUR perspective. What makes a Unicum a unicum? The Latin meaning is "from neuter of unicus sole, single, unique" I said in my video that clan tags and names do exactly the same thing but are more abstract because there are many people who don't even know what a clan is much less what the tag represents. Your opinion looking from the top down is why I do not agree with YOU.

Unicum's usually do not care who is on the other team, we have a set plan of what were going to do, how were going to execute it and when. The basic player in this game can barely even move his tank forward without falling off a cliff much have a plan of action for 9 different scenarios. Players in this game look up to the best players to learn, to hone there skills. They don't absorb all of that knowledge however and focus on things they THINK  they understand. WN8 is one of these things, I am asked at least 20 times daily "How do I pad WN8?" Why do they ask this? Because they watch the top clans and purples DESTROY THEM repeatedly game after game after game. So when they see the same player that has beat them countless times appear against them for the 100th time how honestly do you think they are going to play? There are people in this game believe the win chance is the end all be all. You aren't even trying to look at this game as a 45%'er most likely because you don't even believe they should be allowed in the game. 

Like i said before, that kind of player WILL always find something to blame their bad performance, no matter what its always something else's fault that they have bad stats and lose most of their games and consequently do shit / talk shit.

XVM its a enabler for them to do that, but what we disagree is in how much impact it has on the game and i think its not that big, but still it is a problem and the game would be better without it.

My opinion was all formed by my experience on pub matches and that list i made is what in my experience ruins the game the most.

Getting hit by arty is your fault by at no time have i ever said it isn't a broken mechanic. You can cry foul, you can bitch, you can complain, you can whine about why arty should be removed EVERY SINGLE DAY. "It's either ARTY or me WG!" You'll exclaim! I will see you on another game then, because removing arty from the game would be financial suicide. They aren't in the business for your fun they are here to take your money. The day you understand that your perception of arty and why its here will change. It'll still be broken as all fuck, but it's purpose of allowing players why cant tank worth a damn to still earn that participation badge is all that matters. 

You went off-topic here, i fully understand WG side on not removing artillery and i know that it will never be removed, but that isnt the point in question, i was not raging about arty, i was pointing out that it is the biggest game-breaker IMO currently in the game.

Most pubbies will not agree with me on that one, but thats because they lack the knowledge of game in order to see the impact artillery has over players that are actively trying to win the game, in 90% of the time you NEED to be agressive in order to win pub games, but pubbies do not understand that, they think that camping behind that rock or hiding in that forest its the best course of action and because they are not getting targeted by arti they do not see it as a game breaking mechanic.     < just my 2c on purples and pubbies view divergence on artillery

edit because of your edit (kek):

Edit: Also I played through dark ages of 7 arty per side and my win rate still went up and I STILL wasn't complaining about arty then i still won't (go overboard with it) now.

I was a clicker back then, i lacked the knowledge of game to know wtf i was doing so i just kept clicking, i evolved.

Some people hate arti and know how bad it is but do not rage about it, im not one of those, i rage. a lot. just my personality.

Why would the players there be any better than WoT?  Maybe temporarily until all the tomatoes find it.

I never said it's about player quality?

I am currently weening myself off of XVM. At this time, its only available when loading in and if I hit tab. With 9.6, I'll only be using some game-play mods like Sea Falcons hitlog and a zoom in mod. Unless Im playing on the west coast server, I know who the good player are w/o it, and who the shitters are (hello, Rebel/5th D etc)

Definitely agree with this rant, Junkers. Spot on. XVM and the predestined outcome mindset are both cancer. Arty doesn't really bother me all that much because I know they're not really a big factor in the outcome of a game. It's pretty rare for artillery to carry a game, even if they do shit on players left and right.