vurhd1

Hello WoTLabs and My Story to Where I Am

Hello WoTLabs forums community,

My in-game name is vurhd1 and I've been lurking around the wotlabs forums for a couple months and I've finally decided to make an account. For the longest time, over 9k battles, I'd consider myself to be a forever-noob. I was stuck at about 1200 recent WN8 and no improvement at all. I just powered my way through being a noob and was able to push that number up to 1400 recent, but it took me over 4k battles for that little improvement. Back then i really didn't understand how WN8 worked, I just thought it represented how good you were and that damage was important. One of the major things I really didn't understand was that each battle matters. When i got 1 bad battle I just shrugged it off and said, "It's just 1 bad battle I won't hurt that much."

To get past this notion of 1 battle not making a difference I got a session stats mod. (I was already running XVM but my modpack didn't have session stats as an option then.) Session stats really showed me how far a 0 damage game can really drop my stats. Suddenly my stats just shot right up. My 1400 recent WN8 just to a 2000 recent WN8 in just 1 day. Also strangely, instead of playing non-stop hellcat, kv1s (I'll miss you), and cromwell, I started getting more into high tier games and for some reason I did much better in them. I'm currently plateau'd at my current WN8 level as I've heard many people have been and I'll just have to figure some way to break through it just like last time.

Right now, I'm mostly playing: Bat-Chat, AMX 50 100, T49 (Help me), and Nashorn.

I've gained lot of experience in playing mediums and heavies. I've always been ok scout player, but I have no clue how to play tds at all. I can't get over the no turret thing. And arty is against my religion.

So I hope to learn and improve a lot from these forums and make my own contributions as well.

Thanks for reading,

vurhd1

I don't think this is what this thread is for....

Eh, we plat all the time, and we crie errytim about arty together. Seeing how there had been no other posts since you, I figured I might as well make a pointless post or two. Btw if you look at Vurhd's other post, I am the leo in the screenshot. And Vurhd was one of the TKs. 

Eh, we plat all the time, and we crie errytim about arty together. Seeing how there had been no other posts since you, I figured I might as well make a pointless post or two. Btw if you look at Vurhd's other post, I am the leo in the screenshot. And Vurhd was one of the TKs. 

Oh, nice :P

Platooning with gudplayers was the #1 thing that helped me lean how to play. I somehow got into Tesla back when it was gUd, and was one of the worst players there. I've improved so much since then.

Finding the time and right friends in terms of platoon mates is huge as T23E3 said. Once you can have a solid group of players that you work with almost on a daily basis, you will begin to understand fundamentals of teamwork and support. Being in MYM, I'm sure you've seen it beneficial to have the support of one or two of your clanmates in battles. This is how your stats will explode when you start seeing your numbers skyrocket. 17K+ battles will be difficult to see massive and speedy increases but it is always possible.

At 17k+ battles I've pretty much accepted that fact that my overall won't rise easily. But what I still can change is my recent WN8, and that's what I'm working on. I might have hit that skyrocket finally but I have a consistency problem now as I've seen many others have too.

At 17k+ battles I've pretty much accepted that fact that my overall won't rise easily. But what I still can change is my recent WN8, and that's what I'm working on. I might have hit that skyrocket finally but I have a consistency problem now as I've seen many others have too.

Hey, at least you have one blue or purple stat in XVM! 17k battles OP!