Sign in to follow this  
OOPMan

Persha Studios shit-canned...

If you prefer tanks play World of Tanks.

If you prefer planes play War Thunder.

WoWP is meh.

WT:GF is meh.

They should probably have stuck to what they each do best, but I guess they are racing to have the first MMO with combined land air and sea battles, my money would be on Gaijin doing it better. But by then AW will be out and unless it totally sucks I will be playing that.

Eh... WT:GF is pretty good really. Has a few areas where it is much better than WoT but then some areas where it fails horribly in comparison. And oddly enough, despite the greatly increased "realism" factor in WT:GF... it's freakishly easy.

And as for Armored Warfare? Unless they change things big time before release, its either going to fail, or basically end up as just an alternative for World of Tanks players which want to drive a ridiculously overrated Abrams tank instead of World War 2 and Vietnam era tanks. Because from what I've seen, its more or less just a straight up clone at the moment gameplay wise.

WTGF is just bad. Stop trying to apologize for it. I really enjoy WT planes and the fact is that WTGF is just not fun. Before WTGF I wondered if it was possible for a game to be more herp-derp than WoT. WTGF proved that this is indeed possible.

Both WT:GF and WoWp are a lot better now than they were at their introduction. But since initial impressions are most important, people tend to be oblivious to all the changes and just trumpet "this and that is just bad", without even having the slightest clue.

Stop acting like children. 

Both WT:GF and WoWp are a lot better now than they were at their introduction. But since initial impressions are most important, people tend to be oblivious to all the changes and just trumpet "this and that is just bad", without even having the slightest clue.

1. The graphics for WoWP were turned from meh looking but playable to "War Thunder-like" and unplayable. They may be a bit "better" but for a flight game they are just disorienting as fuck and the colors are all off.

2. WoWP played far better during testing, back when large caliber 30/37/45mm shells actually killed in one hit and went where you aimed instead of at 90 degree angles out of your barrel. *Plus: Heat seeking shells which curve to hit planes*

3. For some odd reason WoWP completely removed keyboard controls (who the fuck completely removes a control scheme? Isn't more options a better thing?) and just told keyboard users to modify the Joystick controls to play the game and it's pretty much unplayable now for 100% keyboard users.

4. The addition of the "flight ceiling" to WoWP may have been the worst change ever. It literally broke the game and I haven't seen any indication they've removed it. It is just a bad mechanic.

5. If you think WoWP is better now than in testing, you're probably on fucking crack and need rehab.

1. War Thunder: Ground Forces added a camera view of penetrating hits....and it just shows how shitty their damage mechanics are as currently implemented.

2. Getting flipped over by retarded as fuck teammates at the beginning of every game in low tier German tanks is still shitty.

3. This game has so many flaws it isn't even worth my time going past 3.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

About both games.

Oh, and you missed something.

The biggest issue with WTGF is that it is simply not fun to play. Even remotely.

Guise ... :D :D

These weaknesses you list are kinda alien to me, so it's all a matter of personal preference, I'd say. Pity you don't enjoy the games. I do, for the time being.

Maybe just an answer to this:

5. If you think WoWP is better now than in testing, you're probably on fucking crack and need rehab.

They added loads of new stuff from bot mode to better training mode, replays, +1T MM and fixed controls that they fubared in 1.5. I play with mouse and keyboard and am happy atm. Game flow may have been better in some aspects in alpha test, but that's all that was better then. I think it's just grumpiness getting in your way of enjoying the game. But then, if I was playing on US server, I'd probably be pissed off as well. I feel sorry for you guys over there. :(

Guise ... :D :D

These weaknesses you list are kinda alien to me, so it's all a matter of personal preference, I'd say. Pity you don't enjoy the games. I do, for the time being.

Maybe just an answer to this:

They added loads of new stuff from bot mode to better training mode, replays, +1T MM and fixed controls that they fubared in 1.5. I play with mouse and keyboard and am happy atm. Game flow may have been better in some aspects in alpha test, but that's all that was better then. I think it's just grumpiness getting in your way of enjoying the game. But then, if I was playing on US server, I'd probably be pissed off as well. I feel sorry for you guys over there. :(

Oh, I see now. You're on EU.

You literally have NO FUCKING IDEA what a failfest the WoWP NA server is. 

Come back to me after you've tried to have fun with 800 population and the 5 minute MM queues that result.

I'm sure WoWP would be a much more fun if it were possible to play a tier 8 game that has more than 8 people total.

They added loads of new stuff from bot mode to better training mode

I cried a little inside.

Catering to the retards.... because playing real people was hard and the concept of using a mouse to point at red planes and click was confusing. How people who have blue/purple stats in WoT can struggle with a game as simple as WoWP amazes me. WoT is literally 100x more difficult.

And I wasn't talking about mouse + keyboard controls, I used 100% keyboard and didn't touch the mouse. They removed that option and it hasn't returned to my knowledge. Plus, we on the NA did have to deal with the retarded WGNA Community people in addition to low player count after release.

rip fun WoWP days, back when the NA had enough players to worry about running into

It's not just about WoWP making a profit or not. It's also about keeping the customer's faith in the brand. With WoWS about to go into open beta soon (I assume?), Wargaming probably doesn't wanna be seen killing off one of their 3 major products so soon after release. Would probably hurt their bottom line a lot more than just keeping it on life support.

^ This.  WG can't afford to nuke WoWP if it wants WoWs to still have a chance.  Otherwise no one will buy anything for Warships and the eventual decline of WoT would probably be hastened too.  I can't imagine them pulling the plug on Warplanes until at least WoWs launch +12mos. for just that reason regardless of profitability.  I keep hoping they're going to get their shit together sometime before then...

I also haven't seen it noted here or elsewhere that Kharkov is quite a bit closer to the contested areas of the Ukraine and has seen its share of recent separatist-related violence like this recent bombing.  That could well have been a factor in the decision to close that office over and above anything to do with the game.  

You literally have NO FUCKING IDEA what a failfest the WoWP NA server is. 

Ye I feel you guys. Past midnight, when player count on EU server drops under 800, it's quite painful to play.

Nice one.

I cried a little inside.

Catering to the retards.... because playing real people was hard and the concept of using a mouse to point at red planes and click was confusing. How people who have blue/purple stats in WoT can struggle with a game as simple as WoWP amazes me. WoT is literally 100x more difficult. Go look up something called the curse of knowledge, just because it seems easy to you doesn't mean it is to others who do well in different settings or conditions; however, I do agree with WG catering to the lower skilled players.

And I wasn't talking about mouse + keyboard controls, I used 100% keyboard and didn't touch the mouse. They removed that option and it hasn't returned to my knowledge. Plus, we on the NA did have to deal with the retarded WGNA Community people in addition to low player count after release. Persha realized that Shwedor was bad for the game so they perma-nerfed him by removing keyboard only controls.....

rip fun WoWP days, back when the NA had enough players to worry about running into Inb4 Persha puts bots in randoms to fix match-making, which they're actually considering. /huehuehue

Also, regarding the comment about the violence and attacks in Ukraine, Kiev had that issue too at least several months ago.

Meanwhile, harassing Gunlion does help sometimes......

snapback.pnggunlion, on 13 February 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Pilots, time for another round of answers to your questions from the development team! 

Question: Are you planning to give us accurate information about the changes introduced with each patch? Stuff like exact value of km/h, cannon damage etc, would be very welcome.

Answer: Not at the moment. The most significant ones (like HP changes, nominal rocket/bomb damage etc) will be stated, but most of the parameters used for tuning the aircraft will remain hidden.

Q: What are your plans for the Chinese tech tree? Will there be standard planes as well as Premiums, or not for now?

A: For now the tree will stay as it is. 

Q: Can you please explain how the rotation of maps works? We play some maps really often, some not at all.

A: There’s no such thing as rotation, all the maps are picked absolutely at random. Every map has a “weight” that the matchmaker considers when picking a map for the battle. Most maps have equal “weight,” which means that the pick will be random among them. The only exclusions are Asian Border and Canyon – they have lower priority because of some technical issues and thus are picked much less than other maps.

Q: What's gonna happen with the clans? So far we only have clan channels, but could we have more options to manage our clans, such as dashboards, calendars, or personal ranks? (So we don't have to create our own clan websites) Is anything planned?

A: The Clan Portal will be updated soon and will include a ratings system. One of the reasons it’s taking so long is that we don’t have Clan Wars or other clan-oriented activities yet, so for the ratings we needed to create a different formula than the WoT version uses. It will mostly consider win rates and the activity of individual players in the clans for now. 

Q: Will we continue to see improvements to MM that are specifically tailored to our NA population?

A: Right now we’ve done almost everything we can to tweak the matchmaker for NA’s situation. But that does not mean that there are no other ways to improve the result of its work; as we mentioned earlier, we are thinking of introducing bots to the PvP matches, but they will be more sophisticated than the ones you see in “Battle with Bots”; they will be quite similar to human players. This will allow us to fill the queue and as a result create bigger matches.

Q: Is there a plan for more developers to post, and answer questions on the NA forums?

A: We will probably assign a person to do that, but we won’t be able to do the same amount of activity like Q&A sections on the RU forums, since the developers who actually do that there are really busy right now. You can always send us links to some discussions that need our attention and we’ll respond quickly, or even suggest that players ask something in the Blog comments – they are read and answered daily.

Q: Is there an idea of when we could see the "client prediction" announced some time ago in the Dev's blog?
A: The client prediction mechanic is already in the code of the 1.7.0 client build, but it’s disabled while we polish and fine-tune it internally. It will be enabled as soon as we get it working correctly under all circumstances (i.e. very high ping or packet losses) since if it’s enabled without polishing such situations might result in a completely unrealistic flight. (Sideways, backwards…) This is why we’re taking efforts to sort all these quirks out. ETA is one of the 1.7 mini-patches, 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 probably.

Q: What problem or problems, specifically, at this point in time, are delaying the introduction of Clan Wars?/ When/if Clans Wars is implemented, will it be WoWP only, or will it be in some way linked with Tanks?

A: We do not disclose any details or ETA for the Clan Wars implementation for WoWP because it needs a really profound rework for WoWP gameplay compared to WoT. 

Q: Will we ever get a more detailed damage model for planes? If so, then when can we expect to see it?

A: Yes, we have plans to improve the damage model and make it more realistic and important gameplay-wise. This will need significant changes to several mechanics so it will take quite some time to develop, test, balance and integrate. We’re not ready to say when it will be done, because there are things with higher priority right now.

Q: Can the old National Park map be restored into the map rotation?

A: No plans for that at the moment.

Seems legit Persha, very legit..../sarcasim http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/36426-february-dev-qa-answers/

I was beginning to contemplate downloading WoWP again... but just seeing them mention bots in the PvP mode might be enough to kill that urge...

I was beginning to contemplate downloading WoWP again... but just seeing them mention bots in the PvP mode might be enough to kill that urge...

Considering WG hasn't done any WoWP ad campaigns in over a year, how else do you expect them to get full matches. I'm not saying I agree with them, but until WG fires Persha, the game is going nowhere.

I'm still not sure what side of things some of you are on. You bitch non-stop at release about how shit WoWP is. Now you bitch non-stop about how no one plays the game. Maybe the first partially led to the second?

Well, tried being positive about it; however, I'm tired of explaining.

They took National Park out? What the fuck, that was the best map?

Cause Persha wanting pretty maps?

I'm still not sure what side of things some of you are on. You bitch non-stop at release about how shit WoWP is. Now you bitch non-stop about how no one plays the game. Maybe the first partially led to the second?

I quit back when we were still bitching at how shit WoWP was at release. Now I just bitch at how terrible the DEV's and WGNA community staff were/are to discourage others from touching the game. Wouldn't want anybody to waste their time with such a damaged product.

Considering WG hasn't done any WoWP ad campaigns in over a year, how else do you expect them to get full matches. I'm not saying I agree with them, but until WG fires Persha, the game is going nowhere.

WG either owns Persha or a substantial portion of Persha so they can't "fire" them without pissing away pretty much their entire investment and then making a substantial new additional investment elsewhere.  It's never going to happen, because Victor likes monies and Serb wants to go to the moon.

Persha had little to do with WG and WGAI's epic and ongoing failures and missteps regarding the marketing and management of the game either.  Replacing the 3D designers and code monkeys ain't gonna fix those other problems.

Also, regarding the comment about the violence and attacks in Ukraine, Kiev had that issue too at least several months ago.

Actually Kiev itself has been basically quiet for the last year or so following the demonstrations, most of the unrest since has gone on in the East.  They were even still pushing quality updates back in that timeframe too, like the FW and P-38 lines.

I haven't heard many good things about it.

le-sigh. I shouldn't expect much really. It was underpowered, but the Mk101 did have the ability to open T-34's. Rudel's tactics with the G-1/2 Stuka's probably worked better and the plane had better performance for what it was. But it's just so cute

So, anyone tried the Hs 129 in the test? my d/l speed is crap and cbf with the downloading the CT.

It's a total pig.  Don't fly it except for vicarious nostalgia.